Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm just installing patch now and heading on for a while if anyone's around?

The devs said the Xbox version has a huge memory leak problem and that's why MS didn't certify the patch. Devs said they are focused on getting Xbox version fixed.

As for retro Jason, he's a skin you select by pressing R3 on Part 3 Jason. He has no extra abilities other than his 8bit music. I was fully sure I read he has unique kills. Also, he looks regular in the cutscenes. Devs said they are working on his cutscene debut.

Imo, he kind of takes away from the game and will grow old quickly. The few Jasons I fought last night were more interested in having a convo with me about how Jason looks and if I can hear the music. If you play as Retro, you can't hear the music apparently.

1 highpoint, a Texas fella posting as Retro would sing "I'm blue Dobba Dee dobba die" everytime he was outside a house you were hiding in.

Double xp weekend is now live and 13k cp will be given to you next time you log in. I'll be on later tonight if anyones around.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/878279087105519617

Anyone around for a few games on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll be around tomorrow if there's any heads on. Pain in my hole with Overwatch so it's time for a break.

Had a laugh on with Stuart earlier, some tools online though. 1 game, was down to one guy left with 12 minutes left. He would fix an electrical box, Jason would break it and the guy would fix it again. They just stood beside each other doing this non stop. I figure the guy was trying to get the 'fix 100 electrical boxes' trophy but doing it while a whole group of people watch is a gowlbag move.

Hands down the best bits were meeting up with other boardsies on the map and trying to escape together. Wish I had the walkie talkie and map perk s though to make it easier finding people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Had a laugh on with Stuart earlier, some tools online though. 1 game, was down to one guy left with 12 minutes left. He would fix an electrical box, Jason would break it and the guy would fix it again. They just stood beside each other doing this non stop. I figure the guy was trying to get the 'fix 100 electrical boxes' trophy but doing it while a whole group of people watch is a gowlbag move.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    Hands down the best bits were meeting up with other boardsies on the map and trying to escape together. Wish I had the walkie talkie and map perk s though to make it easier finding people.

You think it's worth the money overall sheehy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

You think it's worth the money overall sheehy?

It's very Jeckyl and Hyde.

I think of all the games I've played, it's the most that's dependent on the people you get grouped with in a lobby.

It's so much harder to survive in a poor lobby where no one communicates or where people act the dick, so it's not uncommon for you to get only 20 minutes actual playing time for every hour you put into it. You're left waiting for games to end, waiting on load screens, waiting in lobbies etc. for the rest of that time.

But if you're in a game with good, objective-focused people then it's such great fun.

The worst factor is that is so easy for only one person to ruin the game for everyone else in the lobby, and they can do so in a variety of ways.

Exactly what Marcus said, if you get a few friendlies in a map, it can be the best online experience in years. Cover across some annoying randomers and it can be the worst. I called a fella a cu*t yesterday for shooting me when we were both hiding from Jason. You only get one bullet so I figured he was friends with Jason and helping him but Jason just killed him straight away. He starts talking back in the squeekiest 12 year old voice and I just turned off the game.

As for the worth it question, I really don't know. Hands down buy it if it ever goes on sale but atm not sure if its justified at 37 euro. I'm glad I have it to throw on for a game here and there but enjoyment is 50/50 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Anyone around for a few games on ps4?

Got the car keys and came across the 2 seater with gas and battery already in, don't mind if I do! Left em all behind 2 mins into the game and got a trophy 'Chad is a dick' for not taking anyone with me :pac:

PS4 servers have been down for the past hour. Can't even host private games.

I understand Gun are just a handful of people, but the launch of this game has been an absolute disaster.

I played a couple of games this morning and just gave up. Between connection drops, no one communicating and dopes online, I had enough. Will still jump on if I see a few of ye on but I'm done with playing solely with randomers for the moment.

One guy in a game today was telling everyone how he fixes cars ASAP and once everyone is in, he drives straight into the lake. It did sound funny but that's what you're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is the **** you're up against in public lobbies

https://twitter.com/mart_n/status/882009472096448512

**** sake man! You should reply to that and tag Friday13th page. The patch out on PC is coming 'very soon' to PS4 and xBox and it stops people getting to the roof. They are even perma banning people who exploit glitches which I thought was a bit harsh but this kind of **** will kill the game.

Looks like ye had a good crowd on an all but it only takes one gowl to wreck things.

PS4 patch went live a few hours ago:
    We are happy to announce that a hotfix patch for PlayStation 4 has gone live!
    This hotfix is mainly addressed at fixing memory leak issues (those crashes that occur from time to time) as well as the various exploits that have been utilized by players. The 'crouch glitch' that has been used by players to get on roofs and within hidden areas is patched out and should no longer be occurring to players. Other areas have also been looked at and patched up as to prevent users from getting into spots where Jason cannot go.
    These fixes are already live on Steam as per the last patch and Xbox One users can expect a full patch shortly; our main focus is to ensure crash issues that are occurring on Xbox One are reduced to as close to zero as possible. Per our earlier updates; this is a far more involved process with consoles, however testing is going well and we feel confident that dashboarding crash issues will be alleviated with the upcoming patch!
    Again, thank you all for your patience and support. We received over 5,000 reports this weekend due to the exploit issue which prompted us to take action as quickly as possible. Bans have been issued and will continue to be issued to those exploiting to harass/abuse other users.
    -Gun

Yeah definitely report that. I got 3 people banned for glitching so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also if you back up into a corner in a house and keep going from crouch to stand (essentially t-bagging) then it glitches you into the wall, i got 2 people doing this last night but you can hit them with your melee attack and kill them but the feckers just left the game and I got booted.

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Also if you back up into a corner in a house and keep going from crouch to stand (essentially t-bagging) then it glitches you into the wall, i got 2 people doing this last night but you can hit them with your melee attack and kill them but the feckers just left the game and I got booted.

That's in the notes above, been patched out now on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So after a few weeks is there a lot of people playing this ? Does it still have issues ? I was thinking of getting it (ps4)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hope everyone is cool but I added some of the folks who have been playing this would love to get in on some of the private games, have a headset and all that jazz

I won't be on for a few days but happy to jump on next week if people are still playing, interested to see it now with the fixes and people getting banned for glitching. I heard people getting banned if devs see footage of counselors helping Jason. Careful if you're ever having the craic with Jason in a public match.

Anyone on for a few games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Single player was previewed on twitter, i only seen this about it so far:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/3444213/developer-previews-single-player-mode-friday-13th-game/

Haven't played this in ages, anyone still giving it a go?
    Physical copy releasing on Friday 13th October for 40 quid, will include a Bloody Jason skin. Apparently digital owners will get a similar one. No single player announcement yet.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/892801802797764608

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Haven't played this in ages, anyone still giving it a go?

Haven't touched it in ages either. Won't either until new game modes are introduced.

Newest patch is getting rid of team killing by removing friendly fire but leaving car kills and friendly traps.

Also some new stuff coming. I saw a few new mocap shooting going on as well.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/895028785829040128

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/895028895065530368

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Got dead by daylight today but yet to play this, how does it compare?

Advertisement