Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultimate Beastmaster ---Netflix

• 20-12-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭

From Sylvester Stallone & Netflix there version of Ninja Warrior arrives Netflix February 24, 2017
    Ultimate Beastmaster is the first international competition series of its kind with six customized local versions featuring local languages, competitors and hosts from each competing country. Those countries are: Brazil, Germany, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and the U.S, The series is produced by Sylvester Stallone (Creed, Grudge Match) and Dave Broome (The Biggest Loser, Strong).

The 10-episode event series will feature 108 competitors, 18 from each country, in total. Each hour-long episode will feature 12 competitors, two from each country, who will take their shot at running one of the most physically demanding obstacle courses ever devised, “The Beast.” At the end of each episode, a ‘Beastmaster’ will be crowned and in the final episode of the season, the nine individual winners from each episode will compete against each other for the chance for one contestant to become the Ultimate Beastmaster.

As previously announced, the hosts for each country are:

U.S.: Terry Crews (“Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” The Ridiculous Six), Charissa Thompson (Extra TV, Fox Sports)
    Brazil: Anderson Silva (former UFC Middleweight Champion), Rafinha Bastos (Comedian, Journalist and TV Personality)
    South Korea: Seo Kyung Suk (Actor, Comedian and TV Host), Park Kyeong Rim (Actress, Comedian and TV Host)
    Mexico: Ines Sainz (Journalist, Sportscaster & TV Host), Luis Ernesto Franco (Actor and Producer)
    Germany: Hans Sarpei (Former Soccer Player, TV Personality), Luke Mockridge (Comedian)
    Japan: Sayaka Akimoto (Actress), Yuji Kondo (Sports Anchor)

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/796519-ultimate-beastmaster-trailer-from-sylvester-stallone-netflix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looks fun.

A lot of those obstacles are taken straight out of the Finals Stages of Sasuke/Ninja Warrior... Thankfully I'm a big Ninja Warrior Fan (UK version excluded - they ballsed that up big time... Typical Brits ruining everything :D), so I'm in.

Drops this Friday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Gets very repetitive very quickly. Might just skipl to the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ultimately Disappointing...

Wasn't a fan of any of the hosts (and I love Terry Crews in most things he does). At first I thought racking up points over speed was an interesting twist on the format, but soon realised there's a reason all the other shows go for time (it's far more entertaining to watch). The obstacles themselves were a bit meh. And there really weren't enough contestants or countries involved.

Why I decided to sit through the entire season is a mystery...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched 20 minutes in bed on Friday night and fell asleep. I'm not inclined to go back...

Watched the first episode and it wasn't great not sure I can sit through 9 more of them so I think I will just skip to the last episode and see the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I actually enjoyed it. The final in particular is great as you've got the best there competing against each other. The semi final and final phase of the last episode are probably the two best parts of the show along with the final of the 1st episode.

titan18 wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed it. The final in particular is great as you've got the best there competing against each other. The semi final and final phase of the last episode are probably the two best parts of the show along with the final of the 1st episode.

It's nowhere near as good or polished as American Ninja Warrior though, which is what it's basically ripping off anyway, and the contestants on ANW are much better in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's nowhere near as good or polished as American Ninja Warrior though, which is what it's basically ripping off anyway, and the contestants on ANW are much better in general.

In general they are, however, there are too insane contestants on UBM who get to the final. Both are absolute freaks

• Advertisement

If anyone fancies taking part they are casting in the UK for season 2.

If I was 20 years younger I would.

http://ultimatebeastmastercasting.com/gb/

Season 2 trailer.

Advertisement