Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex planning to breach access. Halp plz :-(

• 20-12-2016 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everybody!

This story is a doozy, so get ready.

My son's motherand I split after a nearly eight year relationship after my son was born because of her refusal to let any of my family near him for months on end. She claims this was because of her postnatal depression and separation anxiety, but that's neither here nor there.

Fast forward to my sixteen month old son being obliged to come to me for Christmas, because of the court order I needed to get back in April after my ex wouldn't budge on our son leaving her house whatsoever.

She has already broken this access order once in September, throwing out the fact I only had one stairs gate (he's only ever up or downstairs, and it's movable) as grounds for doing it. She said this was an extension of the clause that I have to follow her dietary/medical instructions (a common clause, so I hear). The judge ruled against that, but she faced no consequences. I didn't even get any compensation access. Can/should I appeal this?

Now, coming up to Christmas, she has been sending me messages most days saying that he's not feeling well. She took him to the doctor, who wants him indoors for the sake of his respiratory infection. The ex seems to be trying to use this as a way for him not to come over on Christmas. Prior to this illness, she had tried to assert that she could change the access hours for Christmas once she gave me notice. Is this *really* up to her? What can I do to stop this happening ahead of the weekend?

Appreciate you reading. I know the situation, and the way I've written it, are real messes.

Advertisement