Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tamper switch on HKC Sabb external sounder

Options
  • 20-12-2016 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a HKC SABB external sounder. The installation instructions make sense up until the point where you need to potentially bend the metal on the tamper switch to install it. Has anyone got some experience here and would be able to explain to me how you measure where to bend and if bend is actually needed. I'm guessing it's purpose is to make it difficult to both remove the box from wall and open it while the alarm is enabled without sounding the alarm.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Just bend it in to touch the wall behind the back plate. It just has to push the yamper switch out enough so you hear it clicking closed when you close the lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

KoolKid wrote: »
    Just bend it in to touch the wall behind the back plate. It just has to push the yamper switch out enough so you hear it clicking closed when you close the lid.

Thanks koolkid.

Advertisement