Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most uncomfortable you've ever been

• 20-12-2016 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

I forgot to put my bra on this morning. My nipples were chafing. They were so sore. Nothing I could do all day about it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I woke up in a hospital after being unconscious for 4 hours with a catheter in. Oh sweet Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

The Raptor wrote: »
    I forgot to put my bra on this morning. My nipples were chafing. They were so sore. Nothing I could do all day about it.

How do you forget to put one on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Did somebody make you tea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I sat on one of my testicles on a few occasions.

Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Flying San Fran to Boston with a kidney stone. Economy too. If it wasn't for whiskey it would have been unbearable.

• Advertisement

Kidney stones. Sweet Devine Jesus, that redefines your pain threshold. Had a hernia op recently and people were saying it would be tough. Piece of cake, I'd have one once a month rather than go through the pain of kidney stones moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Kidney infection. Actually wanted to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Got a HSG* a few months ago. It was suggested I get another one last week and I almost cried.

* I was going to explain what it is but I don't want to traumatise anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dry needle therapy. It was advised as a remedy to seized back muscles after rough """massage""" (the lines of bruises say otherwise...) and stretching failed.
    I thought it was a fancy name for acupuncture, so figured **** it, why not...

It really, really isn't :o

Dry needle therapy. It was advised as a remedy to seized back muscles after rough "" "massage""" (the linez of bruises say otherwise...) and stretching failed.
    I thought it was a fancy name for acupuncture.

i had this for the same injury. i consider my pain threshold very high...i screamed and asked for it to stop.

• Advertisement

Parchment wrote: »
    i had this for the same injury. i consider my pain threshold very high...i screamed and asked for it to stop.

Ten minutes and that was it. I had to tap out. He wanted to do 15 but I honestly felt myself slipping... Humbling experience!
    I have to say though, that area hasn't been much trouble since.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

In the days following my circumcision I was forced to adopt a new style of walking; think John Wayne with a full nappy and you're somewhere close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Going from croatia to czech republic on a 24 hour bus. Not so bad apart from picking up a vomiting and puking bug the day before. The toilet was broken on the bus, we had to stop every 2 hours for a couple of us to relieve ourselves. I just wanted to go to bed but was on a shaking bus for 24 ****ing hours.

I just wanted to curl into a corner and die for that trip, spent 2-3 days in bed after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I'll take your kidney Stones & give you Gallstones.......... ouch. It made child birth with no pain relief seem easy.

Ten minutes and that was it. I had to tap out. He wanted to do 15 but I honestly felt myself slipping... Humbling experience!
    I have to say though, that area hasn't been much trouble since.

It worked really well for me too actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In terms of just extreme discomfort rather than pain, about 8 years ago I drank quite a lot of Vodka Red Bull on a night out (maybe 10 doubles or so), the next day every waking moment felt like I was on the brink of going through cardiac arrest. The day was a struggle to get through, have never felt anything like it before or since, though wisely I don't drink Vodka Red Bull anymore.

Parchment wrote: »
    It worked really well for me too actually!

Oh it's definitely a proven method.
    Would you go back? I know they say the body can't remember pain, but Jaysus I doubt I could... :o

Had dry needling a few times and don't mind it. But every now and again you get the feeling that the needle has hit a nerve and that's a bit unpleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Had dry needling a few times and don't mind it. But every now and again you get the feeling that the needle has hit a nerve and that's a bit unpleasant.

I had dry needling too, no pain noticed. Bit of discomfort noticed at times but nothing alarming.
    Incredible job on the muscle pain I used to have, four years later and it has not returned.

Where did ye go? The only thing that came close pain wise for me was having to pull out all the ankle ligaments I tore because they'd been in a back slab for too long, shrunk, and needed to be repositioned for the cast they finally decided to put on...

And the only reason that wasn't worse was because it was over in under a minute..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

In the days following my circumcision I was forced to adopt a new style of walking; think John Wayne with a full nappy and you're somewhere close.

Tooootally misread the word walking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

My nipples were chafing

Wow two pages in and no body's offered to pop round and massage them? Its all mememe with some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Returning from Honolulu to Ireland with fourth degree haemorrhoids. 24 hours of travel with a stabbing acidic agony hanging out of me in economy class. No pain relief.

Honolulu to San Francisco

San Francisco to JFK

JFK to Shannon

Shannon to Accident & Emergency direct

Scalpel to haemorrhoid

Agony.... then relief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

when i woke up after my circumcision. jesus the pain. and the porters weren't helping, cracking jokes as they wheeled me back to the dorm area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Tongue cramp from a yawn :(

Not the worst but always happens to me

Coming down with a rare form of meningitis where I came very close to dying. I've never known pain like that before and I hope I never do again, I wanted to die so it would stop. A few days out of it and I came round with a headache that makes migraine feel like a bit of an ache by comparison, but I was well on the mend by then.

Much of it is a blur but the horror of that pain is something that'll never leave me, I felt myself slipping away. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

When I was a young un we drove to the lake district, 10 hour drive (we got lost a couple of times.) I needed the bathroom about an hour in, but my dad wouldn't stop cos he said we had to get there in good time. Had to hold in a piss/****e for about 9 hours. Never had to concentrate on something so hard in my life.*

*distinguishing uncomfortable from painful. Although that was pretty painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Some time after taking a sachet of

PICOLAX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

when i woke up after my circumcision. jesus the pain. and the porters weren't helping, cracking jokes as they wheeled me back to the dorm area.

I was also circumcised (as an adult) - have to say, I remember much more low-level discomfort rather than actual pain. Cramp in your leg is much more painful (though brief), IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nothing life threatening or overly serious for me but some stomach bug or food poisoning last year. Sorry fir being graphic but...

Pain like nothing else I had ever felt before in my stomach and a world record for toilet use in a 48 period. I'm not even sure what could possibly have been coming out after the first dozen times. Literally had a raw arse from so much wiping.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Tooootally misread the word walking :o

:D Had to adopt a new style of doing that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Boardz Fiend

Chronic diarrhoea on flight from New York to Dublin. In between bathroom breaks i was letting rip some serious gas every 1 or 2 mins. Uncomfortable flight for me , but probably far more uncomfortable for the fella who was seated beside me . In fact he should be posting here, not me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Dry needle therapy. It was advised as a remedy to seized back muscles after rough """massage""" (the lines of bruises say otherwise...) and stretching failed.

Had this done on my shoulder the needle up through my armpit to the shoulder muscle nearly made me cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Just an N away from being post of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

El Tarangu wrote: »
    I was also circumcised (as an adult) - have to say, I remember much more low-level discomfort rather than actual pain. Cramp in your leg is much more painful (though brief), IMO.

i had a bad case of phimosis, i only ever got the helmet back in the rare time i'd get lucky. it hurt like fúck and tough work getting back over the head!

finally i plucked up the courage to ask 'the lads' about it, and they said, no that's not normal, get it checked out.

so the head was very sensitive, was sore for about 2 weeks any time it even touched my jocks. so i waddling around until the sensitivity went to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

The most uncomfortable I've ever been would be watching Basic Instinct in the same room as my Granny & Granda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You forgot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

God I loved that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

What do you look like? Need a visual to fully appreciate your pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Had several pulmonary embolii - bloods clots - on my lungs at the end of august. Closest I've come to sudden death according to the doc.

The pain when they struck was intense - I didn't hesitate to shove the pain killing suppository up my arse when the nurse handed it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When I was about 12 I had a tooth removed. That's not the painful or uncomfortable part. I went in and the dentist said he'd numb my gum at the start of the procedure.

He then wasn't sure whether to give me a filling or remove it.(remember now I had my gum numbed at the very start) so he then decided to X-ray my tooth to see if that would help his decision.

Then he ****ted around and I think saw another patient while I was drooling away with a numb gum.

So he eventually decided he was going to remove the tooth.(remember I had my gum numbed at the start)

So he then started to go about removing my tooth. He said and I'll never forget his words "you might feel a little pinch" sweet Devine Jesus and his blessed mother a pinch ?

It appears the gum wasn't as numb as he thought it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Another tooth story

I told the old Eastern Health board butcher that my mouth wasn't numb enough when she started drilling the tooth

She drilled into the nerve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Getting the packing changed on a perianal abcess for the first time after the operation.

5 inch deep open wound, about the width of a €2 coin.

Sadist head nurse give me two paracetamol before changing the wound.

Nothing in my life even comes close to that pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Getting tubes with packing around them pulled out of my nose after an op and sometime in hospital.

This was a few days into recovery, worst over and all that put they just rip them out and pull the tube through.

It's a weird cross between horrific pain and really needing to sneeze.

Thankfully goes after a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Another tooth story

I told the old Eastern Health board butcher that my mouth wasn't numb enough when she started drilling the tooth

She drilled into the nerve

Oh jaysus help us.

I had to get the other back tooth out a year after. I mentioned that I was very nervous(due to that old Langer the time before) He said don't worry he gave me two shots of the good stuff. :D and a lovely young dental nurse to hold my hand :D I was drooling all the rest of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Getting a tube inserted into my chest to allow a lung to reinflate. You're basically being stabbed really slowly and deeply by a blunt object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Having 14 staples removed from my skull post brain surgery.

Waking up post brain surgery and vomiting my guts up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

It was after my knee operation. They broke my knee and cut tendons on one side to shorten them and stretched the tendons on the other side to lengthen them so my knee wouldn't dislocate on its own anymore. My leg was in a plaster of Paris and I'd morphine afterwards but absolutely nothing stopped the pain. It was horrific and it took everything I had in me not to scream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a catheter in after an operation, and I had an awful urge to wee. The nurse told me that couldn't be possible, and only took it out when she could see how uncomfortable I was. I p1ssed like a race horse after , the relief !!

I had to start asking to be numbed to get my teeth cleaned. I can't stand it, I would nearly be lifting out of the chair with the pain of the cold water on some teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Collie D wrote: »
    Nothing life threatening or overly serious for me but some stomach bug or food poisoning last year. Sorry fir being graphic but...

Pain like nothing else I had ever felt before in my stomach and a world record for toilet use in a 48 period. I'm not even sure what could possibly have been coming out after the first dozen times. Literally had a raw arse from so much wiping.

That was me last Christmas! But I thought it was a hangover initially and brought the kids to a Panto...I can't stand Al porter since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement