Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most uncomfortable you've ever been

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I once had a gentleman sit beside me on a flight to Toronto cover himself in a jacket and proceed to jerk it for the majority of the flight, that was pretty uncomfortable.

he was in the aisle seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Admittedly it was self inflicted but, getting the side of my kneecap tattooed was a special feeling. I could feel it rattling back and forth loosely. 

After an appendicitis, waking up suddenly to a surprise in my hospital bed after accidentally falling asleep after an enema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Had a filling get taken out of a tooth by eating some very tough to chew toffee. Being a poor student I couldn't afford to get it fixed for a while adjusting my eating habits to chew on the other side of my mouth. I could live with the pain until a run in with a snickers bar. A piece of nut got stuck in the gap and hit the nerve, and it was stuck in there. I couldn't bare the pain and almost passed out. Had to get someone with a paper clip to try and yank it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

Tilikum wrote: »
    Getting the packing changed on a perianal abcess for the first time after the operation.

5 inch deep open wound, about the width of a €2 coin.

Sadist head nurse give me two paracetamol before changing the wound.

Nothing in my life even comes close to that pain.

Been there. I was high as kite on morphine. Wind just above vrack of my ass. Still felt every bit of the dressing going in. Picture it, 47 years old 6'3" mayo man crying like a baby, pants down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Having a cervical exam while also having a heavy period. Three man job in the end! Uncomfortable in every sense of the word, and what should have been 5-10 mins was a half hour.

And the nurse was really chatty and kept making me laugh, which was a very strange sensation with everything that was going on down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

During my 90s clubbing days I'd taken so many E's, speed & what ever else one night that i couldn't pee for 48 hours no matter what i did. Even though I was drinking beer during that time as well. Had to go sit on the toilet at home because standing wasnt working & run the taps at the same time, was probably in there an hour before the first trickle came out....good times!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Root canal with no anaesthetic and tooth nerve still alive. When I hear of torture I always think of that. Christ. I was bucking and squirming in the chair and two dental students had to hold me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I told the old Eastern Health board butcher that my mouth wasn't numb enough when she started drilling the tooth

Had she red hair??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Melody Squeaking Refrigeration

Sweat rashes on upper thighs when its roasting and wearing chinos....awkward to walk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 JiimWicklow

Burst my eardrum while drinking with my friends. Didn't realise until the next day, now that is painful, but didnt my mates go and bring me on the session again that night! Didnt last more than 3 cans because of the pain tho haha

You wouldnt think it as well, but a burst eardrum would mess up your balance more than the cans would!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Kidney Stones waking me up at 2am about 3 years ago.

Excruciating pain - so bad I was vomiting constantly, caked in sweat and barely able to move. Managed to piss some of it out before making my way to hospital.

Never want to experience that kind of pain again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Root canal with no anaesthetic and tooth nerve still alive. When I hear of torture I always think of that. Christ. I was bucking and squirming in the chair and two dental students had to hold me down.

How in the name of god did you end up getting a root canal with no anesthetic? That's pretty much akin to invasive surgery with no anesthetic. I find that kinda hard to believe - 'bucking and squiriming' doesn't begin to cover it. "not enough anesthetic" I would believe but zero?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Whats the story with all the circumcisions????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Jew got me on that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

pissing myself and destroying the seat in the national concert hall because i was too shy to ask where the toilets were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

In terms of just extreme discomfort rather than pain, about 8 years ago I drank quite a lot of Vodka Red Bull on a night out (maybe 10 doubles or so), the next day every waking moment felt like I was on the brink of going through cardiac arrest. The day was a struggle to get through, have never felt anything like it before or since, though wisely I don't drink Vodka Red Bull anymore.

Gave yourself an SVT or holiday heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

Waking up after major surgery (a total colectomy, ie. my large intestine removed) and the epidural hadn't worked. Basically I was feeling the full force of everything they had done there. Waiting for the morphine to kick in was the longest few minutes of my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Sure you get a lovely little kiss afterwards of the rabbi :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

I'd have to say having packing removed from deep inside my ear after surgery.

Uncomfortable would be a gross understatement. It was very sore, and generally loud and horrible. It was enough to make me actually have tears flooding down my face and I was freezing cold, dizzy and shaking afterwards.

I asked them to stop but they kinda just ploughed on regardless and I was afraid to move in case I did any damage as the had instruments in my ear.

I still have nightmares about it!! It was THAT bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I have my legs tattoed with one of them completely encircled similar to a sleeve from my knee to my ankle.

I can't describe the pain but I gave consideration to hack sawing my leg off.

I used chaperone a nurse who worked in drug services with intravenous drug users. She regularly used to have to treat addicts with abscesses in the groin .
    Part of the treatment is push a long sterile boot lace type piece of gauze in to abcess up to a depth of a couple of inches.
    My job was to hold thier hands while she did this.... I can still remember the screams of agony and tears rolling down thier faces.

I have my legs tattoed with one of them completely encircled similar to a sleeve from my knee to my ankle.

I can't describe the pain but I gave consideration to hack sawing my leg off.
    I hear that. Knee, ankle, shin... even the calf. Why do we do it to ourselves? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ann22 wrote: »
    Had she red hair??

I think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I once went to this salon for a few different treatments, she was a really young girl and was recommended to me for eyebrows but I booked in a wax with her too. So she's waxing away and she had me in a very intimate position, when she starts talking about women that don't bother waxing, and what her male friends say about an unwaxed bikini area. There was absolutely no filter at all. I have never in my life felt like dropping dead from embarrassment.

The expression 'burst mattress' made me chuckle! (Horsehair mattress of course).

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Even at 12, my cock was too big for my foreskin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Double mastectomy, sorest thing ever (sorer than c sections) chest muscles ripped apart, I couldn't even get out of bed without help and I've a strong pain threshold. I did have a morphin pump, but it made no difference apart from making me extremely sick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Got up to do a reading at a funeral in a packed church full of pretty much everyone I know. Walking up to the pulpit and my sweat glands decided to go into overdrive drenching me in sweat it looked like I'd had a bucket of water thrown over me, then I experienced the worst panic attack ever, the room was spinning, couldn't stand still thinking I was going to collapse, complete paranoia and I had no escape I really wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy a truly horrible experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Used to have a problem where the tendon behind my knee would overlap/slip out of place (think like this right behind the side of the knee cap, if it makes sense? http://areopagusletters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/subduction.jpg ), which happened once at the start of a long maul in rugby where I was caught in the middle and wound up with just about everyone falling on top of me. That was magically painful.

Still, worse was the sinus infection that turned into a gum infection in the tooth directly below, causing a splitting migraine that ran all the way along my entire trans geminal nerve - https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/db/23/83/db2383da6b5089290aa031ffc4bc01f9.jpg - and made me feel like I had an abcess on every tooth on one side of my face. Even after it was gone, I felt like I was chewing tinfoil for a week - very strange. Only time I've got a severe migraine and my god I feel sympathy for people who suffer from them regularly since. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

I donno but it must be a common issue though - there's a thread over on Gentlemen's Club forum on the topic with over 482,500 views and thousands of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

On hols in France. Managed to get myself in a state where I was severely and painfully constipated. Stuck on the toilet for an hour in absolute agony, sweating buckets, felt like my ar#e was going to rip apart.

Then remembered I had a Platypus ( drinking bladder) in my rucksack. Managed to hobble out and fill it with warm water, used the tube to perform a self administered enema. It took a good 10 mins to work it's magic, but my God the relief!!

Had to get a new drinking bladder though :-(

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think so

There was a notorious red haired woman dentist in my area for donkeys' years through the 70s and 80s. Almost everyone I know from that generation has horrendous memories of her. I renember many visits having teeth pulled when I'd be screaming my head off while she was giving out to me for being a baby. She never let my mam come in with me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

The birth of my first child was very uncomfortable. She was 2 weeks over due so was pretty well cooked by the time labour came around. I am a bit queasy at the best of times, but as labour wore on, big baby, needles, blood, sweat and everything else, I felt myself passing out.

The wife on the other hand, coped remarkably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Pleurisy.what you'd imagine a heart attack to feel like.couldn't breath with the stabbing pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I have a tattoo on my ribs which was quite sore. Voluntary pain doesn't count though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

When I was a kid I forged a note from my dad for the local video shop saying that I was allowed to rent 15s rated videos. They accepted it and I rented the classic Under Siege.

At a certain point of the film a blonde with big tits jumps out of a cake and starts dancing. Absolutley delighted with life I pulled the curtains over (I'm not sure why), hit the rewind button and paused it at the exact point that the lovely cushions became visible. Easier said than done, as the pause button was faulty on the old remote control... took a few tries but I got it.

That was the exact second my mum walked into the room.

Oh how I tried to unpause the video as my mums Irish mammy rage went from 'ah come on now' to 'now yer dead ye little bollix', but that bastard pause button wouldn't work :(

Anyway thats the most uncomfortable I have ever been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Patellar Tendon Rupture, now that hurt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

16 hour work shift, constantly walking, new boxers (man-made fibres), the chaffing was cruel and every footstep was agony.

Socially uncomfortable would be insulting a customer and then having to complete a 30 minute presentation to them as they look at me with pure hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Mentioned loads of times... kidney stones
    One Sunday evening pain just came on me, couldn't move.  Sweating, vomiting the works.  To the hospital the next day and they said they were too big to pass, so they would have to go up through me to blast them.
    Woke up after the procedure with a caterer hanging out of my lad, weird sensation.  Spent the whole day and night lying on the bed not being able to change position other than on my back.  Nurse wakes me up the next morning to remove it, asked had I ever had one in before (I didn't) told me to take a deep breath and she was gonna deflate the balloon and pull the thing out.  Very uncomfortable, not to mention p*ssing blood for the next 24 hours later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Notsomindful

Had appendicitis, was awful..had to wait 2 days for surgery. The pain was awful.I literally got a stabbing pain whilst walking and nearly passed out, they were close to bursting..I would go through childbirth over that pain.

3 weeks ago, I missed the last step on the stairs nd landed full force on my right foot. Broke a bone ..never had so much pain- actually screamed in pain.

Had a breech birth with my second child no time for epidural , he turned 3 minutes before he was born. Also extremely painful.

Had a nearly not found pulmonary embolism, had no symptoms until it started to heal. Had costochondritus, on pain killers for a few weeks ...pain and exhaustion went on for about 6 months.

I have a fairly high pain threshold normally

Reading my post back ,fairly jinxed past few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭vandriver

CPSW wrote: »
    Mentioned loads of times... kidney stones
    One Sunday evening pain just came on me, couldn't move.  Sweating, vomiting the works.  To the hospital the next day and they said they were too big to pass, so they would have to go up through me to blast them.
    Woke up after the procedure with a caterer hanging out of my lad, weird sensation.  Spent the whole day and night lying on the bed not being able to change position other than on my back.  Nurse wakes me up the next morning to remove it, asked had I ever had one in before (I didn't) told me to take a deep breath and she was gonna deflate the balloon and pull the thing out.  Very uncomfortable, not to mention p*ssing blood for the next 24 hours later.

Did he at least cook you breakfast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

vandriver wrote: »
    Did he at least cook you breakfast?

Sausage I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Prob the Lazer I have done on my eyebrows my God it burned. Picture a got match but 20 times hotter placed on your skin up and down for 15 mins ago.

Not a proud moment for me as a guy getting it done. It was free as my sister used to be a area manager for Lazer clinic and she said did I won't it to stop my unibrow I said why not for Notting ha.

I just get the odd hair growing now but I would go back and get it done again to finish the job ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I wasn't going to tell this story but sure feck it.

There was the time when I was fooling around with my gf at the time when she had her house to herself. Just as the pink car is parking I feel something catch and a tearing sensation. I jump back panicking to inspect the damage and sure enough little fixxxer has torn the banjo string (fellas will know what I'm talking about). Oh yeah don't forget, that area is under high pressure so the blood is just spurting out like a little fountain. Blood on me, her, bed sheets, the lot.

What followed was a very awkward trip to AE with a towel stuffed down the front of my boxers, where I had to try and explain to a doctor what happened. He'd never seen something like that so he had to get his two colleagues in to have a look too. Luckily it wasn't bad enough to need stiches but there was a lot of gauze and bandaging. Try pissing through that properly! Took around a week to heal if I remember correctly, and a lot longer to let her have a go on me again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That moment during labour where I was in maternity triage, had just puked up the oral painkiller, was waiting on the lazyarse night shift midwife to bring the gas and air and had my waters break when I stood up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Definitely having a syringe inserted into my urethra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭flatty

higster wrote: »
    Tilikum wrote: »
    Getting the packing changed on a perianal abcess for the first time after the operation.

5 inch deep open wound, about the width of a €2 coin.

Sadist head nurse give me two paracetamol before changing the wound.

Nothing in my life even comes close to that pain.

Been there. I was high as kite on morphine. Wind just above vrack of my ass. Still felt every bit of the dressing going in. Picture it, 47 years old 6'3" mayo man crying like a baby, pants down...
    Sounds like an all Ireland final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Stuck on a minibus on a freeway in the US on a long journey with a group of fellow J1-ers. Have genuinely never needed to pee more, after foolishly imbibing a large soda near the beginning of our journey. I really thought I was going to wet myself.

The relief when we finally got to a rest stop was unbelievable. I had a huge pee, then came out of the loo greatly relieved, and then before we set off again I went back in and had another, equally huge, pee. I must have been backed up!!!

It's no wonder denying people access to a toilet is used as a form of torture. It's an awful feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Stuck on a minibus on a freeway in the US on a long journey with a group of fellow J1-ers. Have genuinely never needed to pee more, after foolishly imbibing a large soda near the beginning of our journey. I really thought I was going to wet myself.

The relief when we finally got to a rest stop was unbelievable. I had a huge pee, then came out of the loo greatly relieved, and then before we set off again I went back in and had another, equally huge, pee. I must have been backed up!!!

It's no wonder denying people access to a toilet is used as a form of torture. It's an awful feeling.

Its the worst - as a constant pee-er i get anxious if i wont be near a toilet for extended periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Getting my japs eye stuck in a zip. Happened when I was a kid but still shudder.

Definitely having a syringe inserted into my urethra.
    Christ on a bike... That made me wince.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Getting my japs eye stuck in a zip. Happened when I was a kid but still shudder.
    Friends had  young teenage Spanish student staying with them over the summer, 13 or 14 years old. The poor young lad got himself caught in the zip, really painful for him, and really awkward for the host family (who weren't parents themselves at that stage) to sort out.

Advertisement