Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most uncomfortable you've ever been

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

xzanti wrote: »
    This, and the general recovery from a section is awful.

Also, my epidural went wrong and I was left with an air bubble in my spine, suffered crippling headaches on top of the c section wound. Getting up to feed a newborn every three hours in a roasting hot hospital ward, in that much pain is quite a challenge.

Also, getting the gels (or a sweep as it's called) to try send me into labour. Ouch!!!!!

Also, post tonsillectomy throat spasms. They were fun.

Kidney stones the same week as a root canal and leaving my tooth meds at home in the rush to the hospital with the stones. Waking up with the morphine wearing off and the tooth being more painful than the stones.

My one year old poked me in the eye and I quickly developed an infection in the eye, went to the local emergency clinic that night, as it was Christmas and my GP was closed. Waiting hours in the waiting room in agony.
    Jesus. You've been unlucky. Kidney stones terrify the ****e out of me. Hope I never get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Probably a stupid question but why does it hurt so much if you hold in pee?

pragmatic1 wrote: »
    Jesus. You've been unlucky. Kidney stones terrify the ****e out of me. Hope I never get them.

I hope you never get them, it's beyond ****ed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Post operative migraine with vomiting when all they offered me was 2 paracetemol by mouth,,,, nail driving through head... Finally a lovely nurse organised morphine and I will never forget the sheer bliss of waves of pain relief breaking on the shores of my head...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

bear1 wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but why does it hurt so much if you hold in pee?

Try it sometime :) then you'll see.

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Try it sometime :) then you'll see.

Oh I have, got stuck in a car once with a group of lads after a night on the piss.
    Driving back from Galway to Loughrea and the bollocks wouldn't stop to let me piss.
    Thought I was going to faint or piss myself.
    I meant more from a medical perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Oh I have, got stuck in a car once with a group of lads after a night on the piss.
    Driving back from Galway to Loughrea and the bollocks wouldn't stop to let me piss.

I'd imagine it's because the bladder has finite storage, so once it gets full you're just continuing to stretch it :eek:

Fun fact - just before a Formula One race you'll see the drivers ducking out of interviews because they have to go for a pee. It's not just a convenient excuse. If they have an accident with a full bladder the G-forces can cause it to burst. Ouch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,176 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not particularly medical, but as the bladder gets fuller it starts pushing against all the neighbouring organs. This causes discomfort.
    When the bladder empties, these organs expand back and the discomfort ceases.
    Go back to bed some morning after your wee and lie in bed for 10 minutes on your back and feel the bliss as all the organs expand back.
    You won't notice it if you stay on your feet doing stuff.

Cheers ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

josip wrote: »
    Not particularly medical, but as the bladder gets fuller it starts pushing against all the neighbouring organs. This causes discomfort.
    When the bladder empties, these organs expand back and the discomfort ceases.
    Go back to bed some morning after your wee and lie in bed for 10 minutes on your back and feel the bliss as all the organs expand back.
    You won't notice it if you stay on your feet doing stuff.

Yes I know all that but as age takes its toll it becomes degradingly impossible to hold it.... how can I put it? the elastic has gone ;) God bless the checkout staff at LIDL who let me use their staff toilets.. and all the hedges and verges....

Advertisement