Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which " The Last Of Us " ?

• 20-12-2016 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

:P Quick as ye can, please, peeps! I'm gagging for a new game and feel I really should move out of my COD comfort zone. Shooting at swathes of uniformed enemy soldiers is great fun! But, FFS .....

Dragons and spells just doesn't do it for me. Short answer? I fancy a bit of this one. But, I cracked open Amazon, to buy it? Must be half a dozen bloody versions in there! :eek:

Bog standard? Or is one of the alternative issues worth worrying about? (PS3)

Only, if I buy right? It's just feasible that I could have it before the country shuts down .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

There's probably a game of the year edition out, get that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Stigura

Really? Do those make that much difference?

That's fascinating. Because I've just broken " The Curse Of COD 4 "! Bought it for the Third bloody time and finally got it. Arrived yesterday :)

That happened to be a GOTYE. Started playing it, late afternoon. By late last night, I had to turn it off. Because I was on a chopper, heading out to kill the arch baddy!!! :eek: How the hell did I manage that?! I'm barely one level above useless at this. Yet, I almost finished an entire game in one day!

Anyway, yeah. So; What is the craic with these GOTY Editions? (He says, scurrying off to Amazon, to find one :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Stigura wrote: »
    Really? Do those make that much difference?

That's fascinating. Because I've just broken " The Curse Of COD 4 "! Bought it for the Third bloody time and finally got it. Arrived yesterday :)

That happened to be a GOTYE. Started playing it, late afternoon. By late last night, I had to turn it off. Because I was on a chopper, heading out to kill the arch baddy!!! :eek: How the hell did I manage that?! I'm barely one level above useless at this. Yet, I almost finished an entire game in one day!

Anyway, yeah. So; What is the craic with these GOTY Editions? (He says, scurrying off to Amazon, to find one :D)
    GOTY usually includes all DLC for the game. TLOU only had one DLC (I think), Left Behind, which is a must play if you finish the main game.

Cheers, JJ. Well, 'unfortunately', I just ordered the straight version. Went by " MagpieMusic " because, not only were they, coincidentally, the cheapest. But, they also happened to be the people to finally get my COD4 to me! And, they managed that in a few days.

Wonder if they could possibly swing it again, this time?

Meanwhile, forgive me, but; What's a " DLC "?

I'm a gnarly old veteran of way less than a dozen games :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Downloadable Content

Well TLOU is an epic game, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cheers, JJ. Well, 'unfortunately', I just ordered the straight version. Went by " MagpieMusic " because, not only were they, coincidentally, the cheapest. But, they also happened to be the people to finally get my COD4 to me! And, they managed that in a few days.

You can still buy the DLC (downloadable content) for The Last Of Us after you finish the game, through the Playstation Store. Definitely worth playing if you enjoy the main game. Very easy to buy as well, you can get a PSN voucher in any Smyths or Gamestop, then download the DLC from the Playstation Store on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

try the Multi player aswell,its really good

Penn; I'll have to consult my game geek guy about all that. Sounds like the internet's involved? My PS isn't connected .....

And, BigPhil; I'm guessing ye referring to what I've seen my mate there do? Playing a game with other people, around the world, playing along with (or against) him? I honestly don't think I'm anywhere Near ready for that sort of thing yet :eek:

Thanks for the input, lads. Now, I just hope the damn game turns up. Looks like Two have vanished, thus far :(

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Penn; I'll have to consult my game geek guy about all that. Sounds like the internet's involved? My PS isn't connected .....

And, BigPhil; I'm guessing ye referring to what I've seen my mate there do? Playing a game with other people, around the world, playing along with (or against) him? I honestly don't think I'm anywhere Near ready for that sort of thing yet :eek:

Thanks for the input, lads. Now, I just hope the damn game turns up. Looks like Two have vanished, thus far :(

its definitley worth try after you have the main game finished,surprisingly tense and addictive... 4 v 4 ,limited ammo and gear,yo craft as you go along..

it really shouldnt have been as good as it turned out conisdering how good the main game is..