Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PVC Rib

• 20-12-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭

What's people's views on these ?
    I bought it for a bit of fun runs around Cork harbour and local coast.
    Its a Funyak 390 with a 25hp Yamaha

I reckoned it would be less hassle than tubes as I had a 4m Avon with 50hp Yamaha before.

It's in storage for winter, so only trip was the day I bought it.

How are they on the water compared to soft tubes ?

Cheers
    Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sorry I can't help never in one but she is a nice looking boat if anything I'd say you will feel a bigger thump when you come down off a wave :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I have seen them in sailing schools and clubs, so I would think that they are tough and reliable.
    Jim.
    P.S. I still sip from that bottle you gave me a few years ago - when I recover I seal it tight again :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Very popular with sailing schools as they take a lot of abuse. Perfect for calm estuary spins, not very forgiving in any sort of a chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Tom44

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Very popular with sailing schools as they take a lot of abuse. Perfect for calm estuary spins, not very forgiving in any sort of a chop.

I'l stay out of 4m swells then. :eek:

I know the limitations and just want to enjoy summer days.
    Long lost my washed overboard adrenaline rush.:)
    Just wanted something small and nimbly for my towable limitations.
    Based in Crosshaven for a bit of down time and for James too if he's brave enough?

Advertisement