Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulsk to Boyle

Options
  • 21-12-2016 12:09am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

While I love the scenic drive from Athlone to Sligo, via French Park, I'm looking forward to finally driving directly to Boyle from Tulsk. Has anyone drive the road yet and how did you find it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I'll let you know as I'm driving it on Christmas Day (yay me!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So has anyone taken a spin on it yet? I'll be heading that way Friday.

Oops, yes, me.

The 2 bad bends they have removed are a heaven sent gift to drivers on that road. The journey feels 10 mins shorter. Granted there are a couple of twisty bits near Boyle that could do with improvement but that section near the 4 provinces is vastly improved and the journey is much less stressful as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

so all those fantastic rally style corners are gone?

booooo

No they're still there, as people have houses on the old section so you can access the road, but for normal travelling the route, you blissfully pass it by.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I'm liking the new sections of road, but there's a few other sections that would benefit from widening and straightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

the whole road needs doing.

the bit just after Tulsk heading for Roscommon town is lethal

The road just outside Tulsk on the way to Roscommon is in a bad state alright. They could also do with straightening it.

Advertisement