Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why wont they take the bin?

Options
  • 21-12-2016 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

im with greyhound years the last 2 weeks they wont take the black bin , despite being well in credit on the account neighbour thinks it could be the chip on the bin is faulty as just got bin replaced a few weeks ago though they were taking the bin no problem ive rang up and got some1 will take it next week thing am thinking of going to another bin company any1 recommend 1 ? thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Thornton's are cheapest in SDCC area last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 new Author

how long till they sort the bins and is there a yearly charge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

new Author wrote: »
    im with greyhound years the last 2 weeks they wont take the black bin , despite being well in credit on the account neighbour thinks it could be the chip on the bin is faulty as just got bin replaced a few weeks ago though they were taking the bin no problem ive rang up and got some1 will take it next week thing am thinking of going to another bin company any1 recommend 1 ? thanks

Our new neighbour had the same problem (with Greyhound) a couple of years ago, and after a while of this he was going nuts. One day I was driving into my drive and I saw them just skip his bin and take everyone else's, it was then I realised he didn't have a sticker on his bin and the guys on the truck didn't know it was one of theirs. When I told him he got it sorted out. Just thought I'd mention it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Have a look at the thread in the recycling forum.

This is what I came up with last time I looked, charges were frozen by govt. so I assume they are still the same...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100047242&postcount=7

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hi OP,

I was with Greyhound for a couple of years and I'll tell you something; I had nothing but hassle with them.

They missed my bin so many times even though I was in credit and the bin wasn't contaminated or half open and I always left it out on time.
    Anyway, the excuse from them was that the chip on the side of the bin wasn't scanning properly and they promised to collect the bin the following week.

Well, they never did and to cut a long story short, I racked up an impressive phone bill calling them to insist they take it.
    In the end, I had enough, switched to Thornton's in July. €49 annual charge and I pay per lift.

They come at the same time every week and haven't missed one collection.

Also, you're not left waiting long on the phone either, should you need to call their customer service line.

• Advertisement
Advertisement