Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen money ... how long to get it back?

Options
  • 21-12-2016 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I have had over €600 stolen from my debit card account.  How long must I wait before this is returned to me?  

The money was stolen using a debit card which (as it says on the back) is the property pf BOI, BOI's software and BOI's technology.

Regards,
    John McKay  mba

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning mckaysoftware, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you been in contact with Bank of Ireland to report the stolen funds on your BOI bank account? 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mckaysoftware

Yes I have, Elaine.   They say they are "investigating" !

Thanks, 

Each investigation is reviewed on a case by case basis and we would be unable to confirm the time frame for individual case resolutions here.  Please be assured that once our security team have an update or have resolved your case, they will contact you directly. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

No sense of urgency then.  Just another case to add to the list.

Hi mckaysoftware, 

Our fraud team will work each case as efficiently as possible. I'm sorry that we're unable to confirm a time frame for your individual case here. 

Elaine 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

No sense of urgency then.  Just another case to add to the list.

Is there a reason why you feel your case should be prioritised over others?

No, I am not asking my case to be prioritised, I am annoyed that BOI's systems enabled this and that there is a queue of these cases!

What also annoys me is that the "case by case" approach suggests that each case is an isolated event to be pursued separately from the others, with no attempt to group cases which may be related or to identify patterns or to use information learnt.

Good news ... all my money is back in my account :)

Good news ... all my money is back in my account :)
    Hi mckaysoftware, 

Thanks for the update and I'm delighted to hear that this is now resolved. 

Hope you have a lovely Christmas, 

Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

No, I am not asking my case to be prioritised, I am annoyed that BOI's systems enabled this and that there is a queue of these cases!

What also annoys me is that the "case by case" approach suggests that each case is an isolated event to be pursued separately from the others, with no attempt to group cases which may be related or to identify patterns or to use information learnt.

How do you know they don't do that?

Perhaps they prioritise returning the stolen money to the customer first and then analyse the data to identify trends.

It's unreasonable if you to expect BOI to inform you of the full end to end fraud prevention/detection/ etc process.

• Advertisement
Advertisement