Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottles. sterilising, cows milk question!

Options
  • 21-12-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

As I'm beginning to think of packing up to travel to the inlaws for christmas, I'm wondering what to do about my daughters breakfast. She's mainly breastfed but I usually make a small bottle to mix with her ready brek in the morning. I really don't want to have to bring sterilisers with me so I'm wondering if:
    1. I sterilise enough bottles and put the lids on, will they stay sterile?
    2. Can she have cows milk in her breakfast and I'll just skip the bottles altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Absolutely you can give cows milk in food from 6 months. However I'm not sure if Christmas morning is the best time to introduce it in case she ever had a reaction/intolerance as she's never had it before. What about ready made cartons of formula?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Absolutely you can give cows milk in food from 6 months. However I'm not sure if Christmas morning is the best time to introduce it in case she ever had a reaction/intolerance as she's never had it before. What about ready made cartons of formula?

I have actually given it a bit already mixed with egg etc. and she's been fine. I was almost certain I could give it but just needed to hear it from someone else. I think that's the easiest solution. Thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The question of sterile they stay depends on how you are going to carry that stuff. But you really don't need anything fancy. Just boil up some water, put them in a pot and leave'em sit for about 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

If she's over 6 months go for it In cereal. It will make life much easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

I just use the small size ready made cartons of formula to make up porridge etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I should have said she's 8 months so I really don't want to be going buying more formula. Cows milk is the handiest I think

Advertisement