Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gifs ??

Options
  • 21-12-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Are we not allowed to embed a gif image anymore?

Tried to do it this morning, and any code i used didn't work:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Show me the code you tried to use.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I can't see a reason why you wouldn't be able to - possibly depends on the forum. If you click Post Reply / Go Advanced, there's an option that says "Attach Files" - check to see if gif is listed there.

Then find the URL of the image, click the Insert Image option in the toolbar, and paste the address.

(Hopefully) voilà!

hsk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i was using a gif hosting site...

and no matter what code i put in the image wouldn't show...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I need to see the code to know what was wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've been informed that a mod has to approve the gif before its shown...must be a new rule

• Advertisement

What forum was that in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement