Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rappers in Irish

• 21-12-2016 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Anyone know of Rappers who rap in the Irish language?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I know Ri-Ra would use the odd word here and there and Collie uses full sentences but besides The Rubberbandits Irish version of I want to fight your father in Irish can't think of any others rn.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

GMC and Bubba Shakespeare are the only two I can think of off the top of my head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Bubba Shakespeare does quite a lot of it. That duo from Kerry (one of them was south american?) did it in the late 2000's but I can't remember their name for them life of me.

However the best Irish rapping I've heard thus far is on the new This Side Up album from a lad called MC Muipéad. He's on the third verse.
    https://thissideupire.bandcamp.com/track/detox-the-brainbox-feat-mc-muip-ad

Here's some more from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DCboy13

There's a new fella Oisín Mac Ghiolla Bhríde. Not sure about his style personally, but fair play to him for giving it a good go. Apologies for link, I'm under the post requirement just take the full stop off the end if you wanna listen to this guy.

h.ttps://soundcloud.com/oisinmcbride/.

Advertisement