Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No internet connection

Options
  • 21-12-2016 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Parents got a letter to reset modem as some security issue. I followed instructions to the letter multiple times and still no internet connection since last Sunday. Phoned 1901 got the press 1 message to look on the website. Live chat waiting 18minutes for an operator using my data as no internet in house.
    Why can't I get through to an operator to talk this through? This is the second time since summer they have been without internet (a week in October too)
    They really want to get rid of Eir at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Parents got a letter to reset modem as some security issue. I followed instructions to the letter multiple times and still no internet connection since last Sunday. Phoned 1901 got the press 1 message to look on the website. Live chat waiting 18minutes for an operator using my data as no internet in house.
    Why can't I get through to an operator to talk this through? This is the second time since summer they have been without internet (a week in October too)
    They really want to get rid of Eir at this stage.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SaritaDelgado,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear your parents are experiencing issues with their broadband connection. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can find all the relevant information on this to reset your password [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]here[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. Unfortunately if there is a fault you would need to speak with the technical team directly. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SaritaDelgado

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for replying. I have called tech support twice and due to unusually high volumes of calls I've been advised to call back later, I'm now on hold for the third time today.
    Can you tell me the number to call to cancel this account and disconnect them from Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks for replying. I have called tech support twice and due to unusually high volumes of calls I've been advised to call back later, I'm now on hold for the third time today.
    Can you tell me the number to call to cancel this account and disconnect them from Eir.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SaritaDelgado,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]unfortunately during busier periods it may take longer to connect with an agent.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement