Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC EGM (See post #19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Didn't see that coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Am I reading it right. Can anyone clarify the two points below for me please.

Each club will have one 'accredited delegate'? Is this correct?

Is the new constitution saying that only one person from each club can have a vote at the AGM? See below?

If that's the case, what's the point of going to an AGM if you don't have a vote. Fcuk that.

Annual General Meeting (AGM)

The Annual general meeting (AGM) of the members of the Association shall be held once

every calendar year.

The meetings shall be held in a central location in a room capable of hosting a meeting with

at least one hundred (100) persons present, unless larger or smaller numbers required..

Any member in good standing of a member of the association may attend, however, only

accredited delegates shall enjoy voting privileges.

Each accredited delegate shall be issued with a delegate voting card at the time of

registration at the AGM by the Association Secretary.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Am I reading it right. Can anyone clarify the two points below for me please.

Each club will have one 'accredited delegate'? Is this correct?

Is the new constitution saying that only one person from each club can have a vote at the AGM? See below?

If that's the case, what's the point of going to an AGM if you don't have a vote. Fcuk that.

Looks like your are correct. We don't have a vote on anything now if this new constitution is excepted............

"........
    - “Member” means a club, in good standing.
    ​ - “Accredited Delegate”- At any meeting of the Association, where members are represented, each member must nominate one person who shall cast any votes on behalf of the member and commit to providing a report to the member on the meeting........"

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

clivej wrote: »
    Looks like your are correct. We don't have a vote on anything now if this new constitution is excepted............

"........
    - “Member” means a club, in good standing.
    ​ - “Accredited Delegate”- At any meeting of the Association, where members are represented, each member must nominate one person who shall cast any votes on behalf of the member and commit to providing a report to the member on the meeting........"

Anyone from an accredited club may attend but only the nominated person from that club can vote on anything. It also looks like the chairman can if he wishes limit proposals from each club to only 4 .Or if he is not happy with them , he can throw them out. - happy to be corrected on that but that's what it looks like to me ?-.

• Advertisement

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    Anyone from an accredited club may attend but only the nominated person from that club can vote on anything. It also looks like the chairman can if he wishes limit proposals from each club to only 4 .Or if he is not happy with them , he can throw them out. - happy to be corrected on that but that's what it looks like to me ?-.

This constitution is a pile of sh1te. It really is taking power away from shooters.

Also it looks like 'We', you and I, cannot now put forward resolutions at the AGM. They can only come from the clubs. And a maximum of 4 resolutions from any one club.

Page 18.
    "...........
    Resolutions
    Proposed resolutions to a meeting of the Association should be submitted on the prescribed
    form (See Appendix) , to the association secretary, no later than fourteen (14) days prior to
    the meeting, by the club secretary of the member club.
    The Executive Committee shall be empowered to, should the need arise, limit to four (4)
    the number of Resolutions submitted by any member to an Annual General Meeting.
    .............."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

This constitution is a pile of sh1te. It really is taking power away from shooters.

Straight out of Hiltlers' bestseller ............ "take overs & power grabs for dummies".

Looks like they're trying to ensure they don't loose "power" at then next AGM? Be 2 x clubs against the rest (15 odd) I'd say if this is carried.

Looks to me like the set up th NARGC have. Which I reckon personally is a feckin disaster! A

I was an interested bystander hoping to get into Gallery stuff now I reckon I'll give it a miss :(

Quick question. Who gets to vote at the EGM?

Does everyone who attends get a vote (bona fide club members) or is it only one vote per club?

As far as I'm aware it's one club per vote. I could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Rimfire Shooter

Old constitution stands until new one is accepted. Each club members would still have a vote I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Do the clubs all pay equal membership?
    If the clubs pay equal membership to the NASRPC then it is only fair that they get the same number of votes.
    If they are paying membership fees based on the number of club members then it should be weighted.

From the NASRPC website @ http://nasrpc.ie/egm-notice/

EGM

"Voting Privileges

As per the current constitution:
    One third (⅓) of the members of the Association are required to attend, for the meeting to be declared quorate.
    A two thirds (⅔) majority, of the votes cast, is required to carry an alteration to the constitution.

On the motion duly submitted, each Member Club shall be entitled to cast one (1) vote.

Voting shall be by a show of voting cards, one of which will be issued to each attending association member, at registration.
    In the event of a tie – the Association Chairperson shall have the casting vote."

How?

Because until now the individual shooter had a vote, now they won't

BillBen wrote: »

Only if this new Constitution is excepted by the attending clubs 'That have a vote' at the EGM.
    And it's only the clubs that can attend an EGM.

The whole point of this is the have the Constitution changed before the next AGM and thereby taking away the 'Clubs Members', (that's all of us), voting rights as they now stand.

I just hope that the different Clubs around the country inform their members about this, that their members will loose their voting rights at the AGM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've been informed this is a big enough issue to warrant its own thread so i've split out the post regarding hte NASRPC EGM into this thread.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭NASRPC

Notice is hereby given of an Extraordinary General Meeting of the
    National Association of Sporting Rifle and Pistol Clubs.

To be held at Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone, Co. Westmeath at 3pm, Sunday January 29th.

Business to be Transacted

To vote on the following resolution:

THAT the Constitution contained in the attached document entitled
    Constitution and Rules of the
    National Association of Sporting Rifle and Pistol Clubsand whose internal version is marked
    be approved and adopted as the Constitution of the National Association of Sporting Rifle and Pistol Clubs
    to the exclusion of any existing Constitution of the National Association of Sporting Rifle and Pistol Clubs or
    Code of Discipline of the National Association of Sporting Rifle and Pistol Clubs

This resolution is proposed by the Committee of the NASRPC.

Voting Privileges

As per the current constitution:
    One third (⅓) of the members of the Association are required to attend, for the meeting to be declared quorate.
    A two thirds (⅔) majority, of the votes cast, is required to carry an alteration to the constitution.

On the motion duly submitted, each Member Club shall be entitled to cast one (1) vote.

Voting shall be by a show of voting cards, one of which will be issued to each attending association member, at registration.
    In the event of a tie – the Association Chairperson shall have the casting vote.

Background

As you will all have been aware there was a lot of turmoil within the NASRPC in 2015.

NASRPC received a lot of comment regarding the validity of its constitution as a result of that including:

• Process for calling an EGM
    • Voting procedures at EGM and AGM.
    • Definition of a member ‘in good standing’
    • Clarity of affiliation and affiliation fee due dates.
    • Disaffiliation process for members of the association.
    to name but a few.

NASRPC sought legal advice as to what changes were required and it was determined that the existing constitution was not fit for purpose, as there were so many errors, omissions and contradictions within it, and that a new constitution was required.

The NASRPC Committee formed a sub-committee to rewrite the constitution, taking into account best practices among other National Governing Bodies and sports bodies.

We also enshrined the concept of “the Governing Body” within the constitution.

Once this was drafted, we again sought legal advice, correcting any problems that were highlighted.

This is the document before you.

We feel that this is a far clearer document, which solves all of the problems highlighted with the previous one. It has far less room for interpretation and will therefore provide clarity in any instance where it is required.
    We respectfully request that you adopt this as your constitution.

Any alterations that may be required, shall be dealt with, by normal procedure, at the coming Annual General Meeting.
    Please click here to view the proposed constitution

NASRPC Committee

They still have the vote through the club.
    If it was a different way then it would mean that the smaller clubs wouldn't get a look in at all and their votes wouldn't count for much.

They still have the vote through the club.
    If it was a different way then it would mean that the smaller clubs wouldn't get a look in at all and their votes wouldn't count for much.

Not every person in the same club has the same opinion. What then??.

• Advertisement

Not every person in the same club has the same opinion. What then??.

Wouldn't it be majority then?
    Imagine this scenario...something comes up that will benefit a club with lots of members but not smaller clubs. The bigger club can have a huge number of members turn up individually to support the motion. The smaller clubs cannot compete with the numbers. Are you saying that's fair?

Wouldn't it be majority then?
    Imagine this scenario...something comes up that will benefit a club with lots of members but not smaller clubs. The bigger club can have a huge number of members turn up individually to support the motion. The smaller clubs cannot compete with the numbers. Are you saying that's fair?

What I am saying is that it has always been every person has a vote and should stay that way.

What I am saying is that it has always been every person has a vote and should stay that way.

As much as i disagreed with the rent a mob last year I believe one person one vote is still the best way. I certainly don't want my club deciding everything for me. I want to voice my opinion and if at the end of the day the majority vote against then so be it. At least I can say I tried.

But do you think the every person has a vote is unfair to clubs with less members?

Valhalla18 wrote: »
    As much as i disagreed with the rent a mob last year I believe one person one vote is still the best way. I certainly don't want my club deciding everything for me. I want to voice my opinion and if at the end of the day the majority vote against then so be it. At least I can say I tried.

So you think the system is the best even though you think it can be controlled by rent a mob at any time? How does that make sense???:confused:

But do you think the every person has a vote is unfair to clubs with less members?

Weather I think it's fair or unfair is not relevant, there has never been an issue with one person one vote until now.

Don't think there is a perfect solution.In this case can just give my opinion. If the vote is carried I won't even have that.

Weather I think it's fair or unfair is not relevant, there has never been an issue with one person one vote until now.

Well I disagree with that. Valhalla just raised the issue saying there was a rent a mob last year and they were treated differently because there was a one person one vote rule.

• Advertisement

Well I disagree with that. Valhalla just raised the issue saying there was a rent a mob last year and they were treated differently because there was a one person one vote rule.

Last year there was a rent a mob and it carried the vote. Call me nieve , but this I would hope was a rare case of how it can be " misused ". I still at the end of the day think each person should have a say and a vote.

Advertisement