Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC EGM (See post #19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭badaj0z

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Were you there?

I was there BC, along with a number of regular posters on here who have been unusually quiet today. How about hearing from any of the following, some of whom were there? I just want to check that I was at the same meeting that they attended.

BattleCorp, Brasros, homerhop, LB6, cliveJ, BIllBen, JB88, Xesse

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

badaj0z wrote: »
    I was there BC, along with a number of regular posters on here who have been unusually quiet today. How about hearing from any of the following, some of whom were there? I just want to check that I was at the same meeting that they attended.

I wasn't there. Why would I when it was one club one vote

BillBen wrote: »
    I wasn't there. Why would I when it was one club one vote

How did your club vote BillBen?

How did your club vote

They didn't

Now that all of this ****€ is over it's time to get on with shooting.

• Advertisement

How did your club vote

They didn't

Did they abstain?

Did they abstain?

They did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I wasn't there.

They did.

Why was that. I thought that the two largest clubs were ad idem as regards the NASRPC EGM?

homerhop wrote: »
    I wasn't there.

Why?When the issue being debated seemed to be so important to you that you supported every "anti" post?

• Advertisement

Why was that. I thought that the two largest clubs were at idem as regards the NASRPC EGM?

A perfect example of what others were talking about. One person going against
    What the majority of the club wants. Now to be honest I'm done commenting. It's done and dusted as far as I'm concerned so I'll see ye on the line

Why?When the issue being debated seemed to be so important to you that you supported every "anti" post?

That's none of your business, I didn't know I needed your approval on what posts I do or don't like.

That's none of your business, I didn't know I needed your approval on what posts I do or don't like.

It looks like we can expect no more reasoned debate from you then Homer.

A perfect example of what others were talking about. One person going against
    What the majority of the club wants. Now to be honest I'm done commenting. It's done and dusted as far as I'm concerned so I'll see ye on the line

Thank you for your contribution so far then BillBen. You will indeed see me on the line. I hope that the other posters mentioned in my post above take the same attitude so that we can all get on with our sport and leave the current committee to continue with the good job they are doing since they became responsible.

It looks like we can expect no more reasoned debate from you then Homer.

You support the current committee, I don't. What's there to debate?

You support the current committee, I don't. What's there to debate?

It looks like my expectation was correct then Homer. No reason, just statements.

It looks like my expectation was correct then Homer. No reason, just statements.
    Is that the best you can do? Come on let it all out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Well as you were there you would have heard this little gem at the end of the EGM meeting.

Give or take a little and from memory and not to be taken as an exact quote

Regarding the 2016 AGM

".......The motion to change the constitution at an AGM or EGM was seconded during a break in the meeting by the committee and passed outside of the general meeting........"

This was said by a committee member from the top table and repeated as the EGM was closing.

And then from the draft minutes as circulated this motion was passed unanimously.

Looking more and more like a democratic dictatorship to me.

clivej wrote: »
    The one thing that I got from this EGM meeting on Sunday was this little gem.

Give or take a little and from memory and not to be taken as an exact quote

Regarding the 2016 AGM

".......The motion to change the constitution at an AGM or EGM was seconded during a break in the meeting by the committee and passed outside of the general meeting........"

This was said by a committee member from the top table and repeated as the EGM was closing.

And then from the draft minutes as circulated this motion was passed unanimously.

Looking more and more like a democratic dictatorship to me.

Your memory is not quite right CliveJ. The question was asked and the reply was that the the position on the AGM motions was stated at the recommencement of the meeting, after the return from the break, as stated in the minutes.If you do not agree with the minutes, then get your club to come to the AGM and vote not to accept them.

Is that the best you can do? Come on let it all out

Just proving my point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Your memory is not quite right CliveJ. The question was asked and the reply was that the the position on the AGM motions was stated at the recommencement of the meeting, after the return from the break, as stated in the minutes.If you do not agree with the minutes, then get your club to come to the AGM and vote not to accept them.

IMO

Just proving my point.

Not really, your just trying to goad people. sad really. Like I said you support the current committee I don't, if you can't handle that, well that's your problem not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

According to the meeting - the motion was proposed by Dave Hayes and "the committee seconded the motion outside the room" and was unanimously carried. In Mikes words - it was done "while ye were all out having yer cigarettes and coffee".
    Not the way things should be done.

LB6 wrote: »
    According to the meeting - the motion was proposed by Dave Hayes and "the committee seconded the motion outside the room" and was unanimously carried. In Mikes words - it was done "while ye were all out having yer cigarettes and coffee".
    Not the way things should be done.

Hello LB6. As I said to CliveJ , Your memory is not quite right . The question was asked and the reply was that the the position on the AGM motions was stated at the recommencement of the meeting, after the return from the break, as stated in the minutes.If you do not agree with the minutes, then get your club to come to the AGM and vote not to accept them.

I'd play you the tape recording - but it's for my personal use only!:D

I'd play you the tape recording - but it's for my personal use only!:D

Bring it to the AGM then LB6.

I'll bring a fresh tape to the AGM too - Just so there's no confusion in who said what to whom and when it was said!

I'll bring a fresh tape to the AGM too - Just so there's no confusion in who said what to whom and when it was said!

Wonderful! Modern technology is great.

Absolutely - saves the shorthand writing at these things :-) and the memory loss that some have

• Advertisement

Absolutely - saves the shorthand writing at these things :-) and the memory loss that some have

Agreed.

Advertisement