Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASRPC EGM (See post #19)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

clivej wrote: »
    Hope too see you here ntipptop one of the days

The Gallery Rifle & Pistol Association of Ireland are delighted to announce our competition calendar for 2017 as follows:
    Sat 25th March Harbour House Sports Club, Co. Kildare
    Sat 6th May Hilltop Shooting Club, Co. Wicklow
    Sat 17th June Harbour House Sports Club, Co. Kildare
    Sat 29th July Hilltop Shooting Club, Co. Wicklow
    Sat 9th Sept Harbour House Sports Club, Co. Kildare
    Sun 24th Sept Eagles Rifle & Pistol Club, Co. Dublin
    Sat 7th Oct Venue to be confirmed

Are the grpai only going to be between harbour house and hilltop now? difficult for some of us to make it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Are the grpai only going to be between harbour house and hilltop now? difficult for some of us to make it there.

And the Eagles Rifle & Pistol Club, Co. Dublin

Not that I'm speaking for, nor a rep for the GRPAI but they would like to get to many other venues and have AFAIK asked to have events at many other venues.
    But it's not looking like the GRPAI have got any invitations.

A shame really as more competitions can only be better for our sport.

B&B at HH if your that far away and would like to stay over, not expensive for a night

clivej wrote: »
    And the Eagles Rifle & Pistol Club, Co. Dublin

Not that I'm speaking for, nor a rep for the GRPAI but they would like to get to many other venues and have AFAIK asked to have events at many other venues.
    But it's not looking like the GRPAI have got any invitations.

A shame really as more competitions can only be better for our sport.

B&B at HH if your that far away and would like to stay over, not expensive for a night

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

True shooters want to shoot. Trolls just want to annoy others. What are you

BillBen wrote: »
    True shooters want to shoot. Trolls just want to annoy others. What are you

Some want to comment on issues going on. Trolls just want to distract from the issues. What are you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Some want to comment on issues going on. Trolls just want to distract from the issues. What are you

A shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ntipptop wrote: »
    just on a side note how many clubs not shooters actually support grpai??

I'm not involved in the GRPAI but certainly three clubs support the GRPAI. I'm saying this because they are hosting GRPAI competitions. They may have more support than this, but seeing as I'm not involved in the workings of the GRPAI, I can't say yay or nay on this.

Their competitions last year were well supported so certainly there are a lot of shooters who support them.
    and why not go to the agm and see first hand as to is being said not wait and hear it through the grapevine ???
    why not add your points to the meeting maybe they will be valuable ???

I agree with you that if I go to the AGM, then I will see first hand what is being said and done.

That said, what's the point in going because although I'll be able to see what is being said and done, I'd have no real input into the occasion as I don't have a vote. If there was something happening there that I was concerned about, I don't have a vote so I've no way of influencing things. Would I even get to speak at the AGM? At the AGM there are lots of things going on, loads of voting, motions etc. At the EGM there was only one motion and people only got the opportunity to speak once for three minutes on the matter. I doubt everyone will get three minutes to speak on every topic or motion that they are interested in.
    I really enjoy shooting and I probably will never be "up there" but I will still enjoy my sport!!!
    I won't fall out with anyone over this. I'll support the NASRPC and go to NASRPC competitions whenever I get the chance. I enjoy shooting too much to allow this crap to interfere with my enjoyment of my sport. I don't like the way this new Constitution was introduced but I'll get over it.

For the record, I'm going to shoot in the GRPAI competitions too when I have the chance. Why not, the more shooting I get to do, the better.

I don't know what point you are trying to make here. It's no harder for people from An Riocht or Lough Bo or clubs further afield to make it to Harbour House or Hilltop than it is for Harbour House or Hilltop to make it to An Riocht or Lough Bo or futher afield.
    Ouch.

Nice one. Very mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ntipptop

jb88 wrote: »
    No point in attending, Ive already won the war against the NASRPC. Don't want to waste my time with that farce.
    Some of the clubs will take longer than others to realize the issues, so be it.

For any who thought it was a them and us situation in terms of club size, well thank the NASRPC and their information for that. (It wasn't)

I moved on months ago but thought id get some entertainment.

I thank my club for voting against these changes and not affiliating with the NASRPC going forward. Its for the best particularly when a 67 to 1 vote No is an example of commitment to a fair shooting organization.

The changes wrought by the NASRPC are in direct opposition to my own and many others in my club and its not likely to change.

Its unfortunate, but its the reality. If you treat people badly, particularly the core competitors of the organization nationally and internationally, then this is what happens.

I would ask people who support me to abstain from NASRPC competitions.
    I think most will do so anyway for most of the coming year.

It will be interesting to see how things develop for the proposed World Championships and what cost that will now entail for the NASRPC ;-)

How did you and your supporters get on at NASRPC shoot in MTSC last weekend ??? actually I see by the scores you didn't do too bad !!!

So why did you do a "u" turn on what you posted here ???
    Were you all alone playing by yourself ???? or did you see sense and want to shoot in a sport we all love ???

Power, land and greed, seem to divide this small island that we live on
    we would all have so much more if people just got on with it and "shared" instead of running off and starting their own clubs, assocs. etc because they couldn't have it their way
    The state police must be laughing their arses off, looking at what is going on , they tried to ruin shooting on us, we all came together to stop it, but since then, they have seen some fall out from several clubs, assocs. etc
    with new assocs being set up because they couldn't have there cake !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

ntipptop wrote: »
    How did you and your supporters get on at NASRPC shoot in MTSC last weekend ??? actually I see by the scores you didn't do too bad !!!

So why did you do a "u" turn on what you posted here ???
    Were you all alone playing by yourself ???? or did you see sense and want to shoot in a sport we all love ???

Power, land and greed, seem to divide this small island that we live on
    we would all have so much more if people just got on with it and "shared" instead of running off and starting their own clubs, assocs. etc because they couldn't have it their way
    The state police must be laughing their arses off, looking at what is going on , they tried to ruin shooting on us, we all came together to stop it, but since then, they have seen some fall out from several clubs, assocs. etc
    with new assocs being set up because they couldn't have there cake !!

Have you nothing better to be doing other than stirring sh1te?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I,m sure that the people at MTSC like every other shooting club in Ireland made all shooters who took part in the competition feel welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Have you nothing better to be doing other than stirring sh1te?
    like JB88 is a saint..😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

It seems the majority on recent threads are supporters of Gallery Shooting in some form or another, its a shame that only one group is promoting Gallery shooting in Ireland

While some people were busy on Saturday, The GRPAI was busy training a whole new group of shooters how to enjoy Gallery shooting? I think everyone really enjoyed a fresh perspective on Gallery from a new club with a great future and some really talented people.

Its at least the 5th training session including RO training sessions which have been run so far this year by the GRPAI, but I think there may have been more. But it is April ;-)

How many have the NASRPC run?

What have the NASRPC done in terms of training, I heard their training officer left after the last AGM due to lack of anyone wanting training, or maybe its not part of the NASRPC development going forward.

Or maybe that's not what the NASRPC clubs want. Some FREE instruction for new members.
    Training for potential RO's and refresher courses.

Practice days and training for competitions in Gallery.

The response will most likely be that the NASRPC is responsible for a number of different disciplines and Gallery is only one part of it. Joke.

Im watching a once great organisation, talk a lot, run some comps, and that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

[Mod Note]
    Folks, let this serve as a reminder not to make accusations against individuals or organisations. Please report any posts which are in breach of the forum charter and let the mods deal with it
    [/Mod Note]

jb88 wrote: »
    It seems the majority on recent threads are supporters of Gallery Shooting in some form or another, its a shame that only one group is promoting Gallery shooting in Ireland

While some people were busy on Saturday, The GRPAI was busy training a whole new group of shooters how to enjoy Gallery shooting? I think everyone really enjoyed a fresh perspective on Gallery from a new club with a great future and some really talented people.

Its at least the 5th training session including RO training sessions which have been run so far this year by the GRPAI, but I think there may have been more. But it is April ;-)

How many have the NASRPC run?

What have the NASRPC done in terms of training, I heard their training officer left after the last AGM due to lack of anyone wanting training, or maybe its not part of the NASRPC development going forward.

Or maybe that's not what the NASRPC clubs want. Some FREE instruction for new members.
    Training for potential RO's and refresher courses.

Practice days and training for competitions in Gallery.

The response will most likely be that the NASRPC is responsible for a number of different disciplines and Gallery is only one part of it. Joke.

Im watching a once great organisation, talk a lot, run some comps, and that's it.

You took a strong stance against shooting in the NASRPC before. Why are you shooting in those competitions again? It is a fair question. You asked people to boycott in support earlier. Did they give in to your demands?

Not all of us can make it over to Harbour House to go to the GRPAI training days. Will they be in other clubs doing training?

Advertisement