Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We've been charged more than the one year monthly introductory offer after only a mon

Options
  • 21-12-2016 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

We signed up for the Sky Sports add-on a few months back. The offer (which I have doubled checked today with an Eir sales rep in an online chat and have a screengrab of the confirmation) is €20 a month for a full year and €40 a month thereafter. However after only one bill at the introductory offer, in the next bill you have charged us the €40 a month which has been taken from my account. I have a hard copy of the bill showing this too.

Can you rectify this and credit our Eir account with the €20 you've overcharged?

It is really terrible that people can't trust that you won't apply the promised offer and have to chase you for it. People should not have to do this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    Hi there,

We signed up for the Sky Sports add-on a few months back. The offer (which I have doubled checked today with an Eir sales rep in an online chat and have a screengrab of the confirmation) is €20 a month for a full year and €40 a month thereafter. However after only one bill at the introductory offer, in the next bill you have charged us the €40 a month which has been taken from my account. I have a hard copy of the bill showing this too.

Can you rectify this and credit our Eir account with the €20 you've overcharged?

It is really terrible that people can't trust that you won't apply the promised offer and have to chase you for it. People should not have to do this.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]_Jamie_,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear about the billing issue you have experienced. Can you PM me your name & account number & I will correct this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Sure, will do now.

Hi, I sent the details a few hours ago, any update? Thanks.

Hi, I sent the details a few hours ago, any update? Thanks.
    I'm going through my PM's & I'll be back to you soon  _Jamie_,

-Pamela 

The relevant person has now contacted you, can you please rectify your error and stop making it so awkward?

• Advertisement

The relevant person has now contacted you, can you please rectify your error and stop making it so awkward?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I completely understand your frustration [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]_Jamie_[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]  and I apologise but I'm sure you understand that we must follow data protection laws in order to protect our customers. I'm afraid as you are not the account holder or a point of contact on the account I am unable to access the account from here on your behalf.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Again apologies,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement