Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Au Pair who feels very 'at home'

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

CyberDave wrote: »
    We have another TV downstairs, the same size which she can use, but doesn't.

Is this a TV that you could use, but don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,031 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'm with the au pair

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

By way of the recent ruling in the labour court, an Au pair does not exist in Ireland. What you have is a live in employee who is entitled to minimum wage and all other protection afforded to employees in Ireland. (Ridiculous in my opinion) Just be aware you could end up shafted with a large payout if you don't currently pay minimum wages and she decided to take you to court.

Not directly relevant to your problem but if you pay her less than minimum wage I would keep her is sweet.

On the other hand just tell her that she is sitting in your favourite seat, could she please move.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is she supposed to know somehow that you want her to use a different tv in a different room away from everybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

mkdon05 wrote: »
    On the other hand just tell her that she is sitting in your favourite seat, could she please move.

This kind of sums up all the advice you're getting (apart from shooting her of course). So I think we'll wrap this up before it gets any worse for the OP.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement