Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a house

Options
  • 21-12-2016 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello All,
    I am currently looking to start the process of buying a piece of land here in Cork and building my own home out of cob! It'll be a bungalow style cob home with 2 bedrooms.
    Does anyone have any tips particularly with regards to getting planning permission and getting your own drawn plans approved by an engineer (I understand this is necessary for planning permission?)
    Thanks!

<link snipped>

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dutchrep wrote: »
    Hello All,
    I am currently looking to start the process of buying a piece of land here in Cork and building my own home out of cob! It'll be a bungalow style cob home with 2 bedrooms.
    Does anyone have any tips particularly with regards to getting planning permission and getting your own drawn plans approved by an engineer (I understand this is necessary for planning permission?)
    Thanks!

Is there a local needs in the area? Will you meet this local needs assessment?
    Getting through planning is one thing, you then have to comply with our current building regulations.

Most like have septic tank, soakpits etc
    Engage a local architect, engineer, surveyor or technician with little cal experience to advise on the process.

And once you have an idea of the house, set up a pre planning meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Dutchrep

Hi Kceire,

I'll be looking up a local architect to see if they can help in that case!
    I've everything priced up, septic tank, electrics, foundation etc, just need to put it together properly. I think the architect will have to help, what with having no experience in drawing up plans.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

OP as you also have a thread open on this in two other fora on here I'm closing this one. It's against boards rules to post on more than one forum with the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement