Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Limerick Run 2017 - April 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

Pack contents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Picked up one of them new (treaty balls) at the expo,for trigger points.Paul Murray is a top guy.Hope this venture works out for him.And hopefully it doesn't become an ornament like my foamroller has become.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Best pack in the last couple of years! I'll actually use the drinks so that's a win compared to the last few!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

Any further insights into the route for the full?

Don't really know how to answer that? Any particular questions?

The hills question has been answered a few different ways so might be covered? I'm not sure the new route is an improvement and can't say there is much of it that sticks out as being a nice part of the city to run. In saying that, the stretch running back in along the river/ canal path around miles 11/12 is new and should be good. It's just not long enough. I do think the last mile and a half is going to be much better than previous years. It's a gradual decline and should have good crowds of support all the way in. The out and back section from halfway to mile 18 isn't much other than housing estates either but I always enjoy running against oncoming runners.

That's the main things that jump out at me but happy to try and answer specific questions you have too!

Oh yes... the living bridge in UL is an experience running across it at the same time as a good few other runners! Lots of noise and vibration. Fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The new canal into UL is very nice. Very smooth, as the paint is still drying on it! It's pretty wide too, but I doubt that will be an issue for the marathon numbers. Only negative would be the total lack of any support in that section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

chrislad wrote: »
    Best pack in the last couple of years! I'll actually use the drinks so that's a win compared to the last few!

Yep...it's not bad as those things go. Don't use the drinks myself buy deffo useful for anyone that does.

Was amazed at the amount of sweet and doughnut stands - extreme last minute carb loading is well catered for.

The car park was fairly chaotic when I was leaving (around 6.30)...tomorrow could be bedlam altogether...would advise to try and park off campus if ye can and walk...there's normally plenty of space around Milford Grange at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oh_look_sheep

I am not a fan of writing my name on the race Bib. Hated it in 2015 and that hate is ongoing. Thinking of writing Cletus on it. Any other name suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Joeface wrote: »
    Pack contents

Really disappointed that I wont be getting my annual supply of free wart cream this year

I am not a fan of writing my name on the race Bib. Hated it in 2015 and that hate is ongoing. Thinking of writing Cletus on it. Any other name suggestions?

Why not leave it blank if it bothers you that much??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Forrest.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just looked at a few weather models there for tomorrow and actually we just mightnt be too bad. Looks like there might be light enough and not even consistent rain in Limerick between 9am and 1pm tomorrow. Heavy rain close by so it could go either way. I always get ****e weather when I do a marathon so I am hoping I, and by extension everyone else, is due a break!

Just looked at a few weather models there for tomorrow and actually we just mightnt be too bad. Looks like there might be light enough and not even consistent rain in Limerick between 9am and 1pm tomorrow. Heavy rain close by so it could go either way. I always get ****e weather when I do a marathon so I am hoping I, and by extension everyone else, is due a break!

I hope you are right, I'm not so optimistic, lets hope the rain is delayed a few hours. Definitely going to be a day to bring the rain gear and a change of clothes for the end.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

What's the story with bag drop for the 6 miler?

Can't remember what was there before (?)

Both calves have tightened up this morning so looks like my body is getting the excuses in early :-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hanging around for the Park Run in UL now, hoping it loosens out my legs after doing sprints on Thursday. :o It's cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Best of luck to all pacing/running tomorrow.
    Just realised the half is starting at 10:30 so will have to adjust the spectating plans!
    At the front, Doody ran 2:32:3x in Rotterdam so not sure what shape recovery will put him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Supercell wrote: »
    I hope you are right, I'm not so optimistic, lets hope the rain is delayed a few hours. Definitely going to be a day to bring the rain gear and a change of clothes for the end.

Are people actually going to run in cold / wet weather gear tomorrow? Never done that for more than a half and would be worried about chaffing etc.

Btw Supercell, easily known this isn't our usual forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

ger664 wrote: »
    Really disappointed that I wont be getting my annual supply of free wart cream this year

And we all know how badly you need it Ger...:)

TbL

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Best of luck to everyone, skipping it this year for various reasons, but aam out in UL collecting the OH's number and there's currently no queue, first time that's happened me :)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Why not leave it blank if it bothers you that much??

Ah, was just bringing some laughter to the thread by asking for suggestions, wasn't looking for a really serious reply. But thanks.

Ah, was just bringing some laughter to the thread by asking for suggestions, wasn't looking for a really serious reply. But thanks.

Fair enough....it's hard to tell here sometimes :-)

The wind is really picking up now....might cause problems on exposed parts of the route

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

A marathon thread with over 200 posts & not one reference to post race alcoholic beverages!!! Place is gone to the dogs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Are people actually going to run in cold / wet weather gear tomorrow? Never done that for more than a half and would be worried about chaffing etc.

Btw Supercell, easily known this isn't our usual forum!

No special rain or cold gear, the temp will be 12 or 13 degree's you'll be fine running.

OOnegative wrote: »
    A marathon thread with over 200 posts & not one reference to post race alcoholic beverages!!! Place is gone to the dogs!!!

Well I recently won a bottle of champagne so might open that. But haven't drank since Xmas so even the smell of alcohol might be enough.

What time is the half marathon on tomorrow?

HigginsJ wrote: »
    No special rain or cold gear, the temp will be 12 or 13 degree's you'll be fine running.

Black bin liner as a makeshift mac at the start line to keep the core warm wouldnt be a bad idea, can discard before the start.
    In Limerick now, feels pretty cold and blowy already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

I went into the still house sports bar,opposite supermac,s last year.Few yards from the finish line,which helps.All the football will be on aswell.Met a good few runners in there afterwards.I'm looking forward to that pint tomorrow as much as the run itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 aimie85

Thanks for the great replies past few weeks all, hope ye have a great run and enjoy the day tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Yep - he's back alright

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Good luck to all running tomorrow. Hope the rain holds off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Sorry if this has been asked already. Is there a bag drop tomorrow? And if so, where is it? Don't see much info on the website and forgot to ask at the expo.

Thanks

Advertisement