Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts Sharpened?

• 21-12-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

Quick question for the more experienced players.

I have a decent set of The Taylor Gen 2 9five series darts, really like them and generally speaking, throw decent enough with them.

Lately though I've noticed the darts aren't going into the board properly on impact. They hit the board, and almost bobble before either resting loosely in the board or bouncing out. Very annoying.

The tips seem quite blunt, haven't been sharpened properly since I got them. I have a little accessory for it, but it doesn't seem to work too well.

One of the key cutters by me does a quick sharpening service, would this fix the issue?

EDIT: should also add i have recently rotated the board. Might also be causing the problem? don't think theres anything different in the throw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Just get a sharpening stone and Have a look at this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRzVG5GGJ8o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭celt262

You can also get the points replaced.

I got it done before through http://501darts.ie/ and it cost feck all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Sharpening stone is the way to go. Only cost a couple of euro. Your points will eventually wear down and then you will need to get them replaced.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've a set of Gen 1 of those darts and I've noticed that the flights can make a huge difference to them, the bigger the flight the harder you have to throw them, did you change the flights recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

No, but I use standard size flights. Might try a smaller flight

• Advertisement
Advertisement