Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving without insurance

Options
  • 21-12-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I was driving one if my cars to work one morning it had nothing on the window as it was not long bought, the other car that had everything on the window let me down hense why I took the other one out, my question is did this ever happen anyone ? If so what happened in court, I also have a provisional licance so my policy didn't cover me to switch, any help is much appreciated thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Gazra wrote: »
    I was driving one if my cars to work one morning it had nothing on the window as it was not long bought, the other car that had everything on the window let me down hense why I took the other one out, my question is did this ever happen anyone ? If so what happened in court, I also have a provisional licance so my policy didn't cover me to switch, any help is much appreciated thanks in advance
    I'd say duck, and you might just dodge the book. Can't speak for the Judge throwing it though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gazra

I'd say duck, and you might just dodge the book. Can't speak for the Judge throwing it though :o
    I just received the summons today, heard the judge is ment to be OK but its hard to no ðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭paddydone1

Should of took public transport. I take it you were driving unaccompanied on a provisional license with no L plates displayed. As well as having no insurance
    (Tax Nct)?? I reckon your looking at a ban, points and fine. There making examples of learner drivers at the moment.

paddydone1 wrote: »
    Should of took public transport. I take it you were driving unaccompanied on a provisional license with no L plates displayed. As well as having no insurance
    (Tax Nct)?? I reckon your looking at a ban, points and fine. There making examples of learner drivers at the moment.
    OK ya keyboard worrier 😂, I'm lookin for advice not Slaters, should of, could of , didn't, go get a nappy for your mouth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

OK ya keyboard worrier 😂, I'm lookin for advice not Slaters, should of, could of , didn't, go get a nappy for your mouth

Have fun in court hun xoxox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Based on your eloquence and diplomacy skills I'm sure you can persuade the judge to be reasonable. I mean who hasn't drove on a provisional licence, uninsured in a car with no tax or nct?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Was the car impounded when you were stopped?
    Looking at the Road Safety Authority website you may be liable for 4 penalty points for driving unaccompanied, 4 penalty points for failure to display an L plate (if you did not have one displayed), driving without insurance is a mandatory court appearance and 5 penalty points.

Once you reach 7 penalty points you are automatically disqualified from driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gosh that was quick. God help you if the judge asks something in a less than friendly tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

With that reply I hope you get a proper fine ! Plonker

Was the car impounded when you were stopped?
    Looking at the Road Safety Authority website you may be liable for 4 penalty points for driving unaccompanied, 4 penalty points for failure to display an L plate (if you did not have one displayed), driving without insurance is a mandatory court appearance and 5 penalty points.

Once you reach 7 penalty points you are automatically disqualified from driving.

OK cheers for the info , I'll just have to wait and see how it goes ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good luck OP, hopefully it will be fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement