Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 16 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have seen a lot of awful games. Wouldn't have put this on the list with them, tbh.

Interesting end to the game now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Heres the chance now..

Come on Offense

I think that's coming back. Big fourth down coming up.

How is that not a flag? The refs have been brutal. Jaysus

What a stupid penalty to give away..

Stupid penalty, but you can argue that the game has come down to a few poor calls from the refs now, unfortunately.

Your welcome Cowboys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Manning is a fraud- Won superbowls on the back of a poxy play and great Defenses ... If the Giants have any intentions of going any where they need to cut him... He must be the lowest ranked QB at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Vanolder wrote: »
    Manning is a fraud- Won superbowls on the back of a poxy play and great Defenses ... If the Giants have any intentions of going any where they need to cut him... He must be the lowest ranked QB at this stage?
    I'm not Eli's biggest fan by any means but you say he won Superbowls on the back of a poxy play and a great defense and we can say for sure that he has some luck in the two Superbowls he played in but he was the QB responsible for getting them to both those games so I think it's more than unfair to call him a fraud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Adrian Peterson just declared out of tomorrrow's game ,and Harrison Smith still as questionable with an ankle injury (so should be quite far from 100% even if he is playing).

Just watched the second half this morning eagles got very lucky at the end. Love how sneaky mobile wentz is he's both white and mobile so something something Andrew luck something something Aaron Rodgers

Just watched the second half this morning eagles got very lucky at the end. Love how sneaky mobile wentz is he's both white and mobile so something something Andrew luck something something Aaron Rodgers

Not as sneaky mobile as Jordy Nelson is 'sneaky quick'! :pac:

(which really is ridiculous as Donald Driver was genuinely 'sneaky quick', Jordy runs like a gazelle with long, swift strides ala young Thierry Henry or Rio Ferdinand)

Billy86 wrote: »
    Not as sneaky mobile as Jordy Nelson is 'sneaky quick'! :pac:

(which really is ridiculous as Donald Driver was genuinely 'sneaky quick', Jordy runs like a gazelle with long, swift strides ala young Thierry Henry or Rio Ferdinand)

But...but... He white he reminds me of Kevin Curtis :D

But...but... He white he reminds me of Kevin Curtis :D
    Jordy Nelson, Kevin Curtis, Wayne Chrebet... potayto, potahto.

Then on the other side I remember commentators talking about what "incredible athletes" Teddy Bridgewater and Byron f***ing Leftwich are/were! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched the condensed version of the game from last night. Some of the calls were iffy from the zebras.

That roughing the passer call that the eagles got was borderline intentional grounding in my eyes.

Also the ref that gave OBJ the first down spot should book an appointment with specsavers. Thankfully the call was overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

I wouldn't bother with the run game if I were Josh McDaniels. This Jets pass defense isn't stopping anyone, let alone Brady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

phatkev wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with the run game if I were Josh McDaniels. This Jets pass defense isn't stopping anyone, let alone Brady
    Looks like the Pats will mix the run with the pass, Blount and Lewis. Blount not getting much, Lewis have good success to setup short yardage.

Third and long, commentator "the Vikings are the worst in the league at third and long"

First down, clean open over the middle.

Nobody even remotely surprised in the entire stadium.

Vikings get penalised for yards after the play (but still get the first). Next play... 12+ yard pass, open over the middle. Nobody in the whole stadium surprised again.

11 total yards & we're about to see Fitz again. Fml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I have Mobdro app, what is the best station to stream a live match on at the mo?

• Advertisement

phatkev wrote: »
    11 total yards & we're about to see Fitz again. Fml.
    He's started well. Issue is, even if he plays well and Jets win, he's gone next year and it hurts the Jets in the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭VillaMad

C'mon the Browns!

Dare I think they might, just might win one?

He's started well. Issue is, even if he plays well and Jets win, he's gone next year and it hurts the Jets in the draft.

yeah, I just never want to see him in a Jets Jersey again! I'd rather have a broom line up behind centre than him

ah theres the Fitz I know and love

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Aaron Rodgers is on fire.

Think it's fair to say Jordy Nelson has to win comeback player of the year - already on 5 catches for 119 yards and 2 TDs today, 87 for 1,156 and 14 TDs on the season. Considering he had a slow start, it's unbelievably great as a Packers fan to see him back in full form!

TD patriots and it's now 19-0 pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Your first career reception is a TD pass from Tom Brady. Don't get any better than that

By the way, Blake Bortles is 15/16 for 169 yards and a TD in the first half...

Rodgers gonna Rodgers.

And Capers gonna Capers... Vikings first play after GB's TD is a 71 yard pass for a touchdown. Sam Bradford's highest yards passing this season is 307... with 7 minutes to go in the first half he is currently on 222.

• Advertisement

Has the Jets pass rush been this bad all season? No pressure at all (it's like watching the Pats pass rush from early in the year).
    Jets look so bad on both sides of the ball. Big job there.

By the way, Blake Bortles is 15/16 for 169 yards and a TD in the first half...
    Of course he is...

Has the Jets pass rush been this bad all season? No pressure at all (it's like watching the Pats pass rush from early in the year).
    Jets look so bad on both sides of the ball. Big job there.

yep, its been abysmal. One of the worst Jets teams I've had to endure

The chargers are down 7 to the Browns 😠As if things are bad enough for the chargers they could be the team to let the browns not Join the lions.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Of course he is...

Trust me, I know, I've money on the Titans. :/

Watching GB, is it a matter of him playing well or Tennessee playing poor?

GB defense get a nice turnover.

The refs might have to consider a mercy rule in the New England and jets game.

Aaron Rodgers having a day and the first half isn't over yet.

So... Aaron Rodgers...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭cosatron

So... Aaron Rodgers...

Run the table:cool:

• Advertisement

Jimmy G might be getting an earlier than expected audition for an off season trade if the 2nd half starts well for the Pats.
    Indy v Raiders will determine if he starts the Miami game.

If SD doesn't get the win today, Mike McCoy gets the sack on Monday morning, or the Monday of next week at the latest regardless of what happens.

Vikings face 3rd and long again. Wide open over the middle for a first, again.

Vikings face 3rd and long again. Wide open over the middle for a first, again.
    I know who you're complaining about :P
    But surely the HC must take a huge amount of blame if this is so obvious?

I know who you're complaining about :P
    But surely the HC must take a huge amount of blame if this is so obvious?

Yep, after six years of it there's no question there. Given the option of Capers staying or McCarthy having to leave with him, I'd take the second option in a heartbeat.

Wasn't sure if the issue for the Jets was Bowles or not. After today, he's a big part of the problem. Some bad decisions have come from the sidelines as well, but the Jets have given up on the coach.
    Jimmy G into the game. Still expect plenty of runs to get this game over asap.

• Advertisement

Aaron Rodgers is not a human being. Adams with another dropped TD, but Allison making a good run for the 4th WR spot in GB next year.

That pass was ridiculous.

Wasn't sure if the issue for the Jets was Bowles or not. After today, he's a big part of the problem. Some bad decisions have come from the sidelines as well, but the Jets have given up on the coach.
    Jimmy G into the game. Still expect plenty of runs to get this game over asap.

He's been making clueless decisions all year unfortunately, yeah the vast majority of this team gave up weeks ago. Complete embarrassment:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Oh wow, just seen an up close angle of Mariota's injury.

He's going to be out for a long time. Definitely a broken ankle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good TD throw from Cassel.

Jets kick a FG when losing 0:41 and at the NE 11 (4th down)?
    Avoiding a shutout won't save your job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement