Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biochemistry/Laboratory Work Experience

• 21-12-2016 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Basically since I graduated from university I haven't been able to find work related to my degree in biochemistry. Nearly ever position that is advertised is requesting at least 1 years work experience, which I do not have. Does anyone know any companies around Limerick/Clare/Cork that would be willing to take on to take on someone for unpaid work experience? Or any advice in general would be appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Hi,

You could try Vistakon in Castletroy. Its not Biochemistry work but Quality Control. Like you I had trouble finding work experience and they took me. Time spent there will open doors for you in the future.

There is a Micro Lab there as well but the QC department has a higher turnover meaning you would likely get in there easier. You can apply through CPL on the dock road. What I did was to physically hand in my c.v. to them and then keep emailing until they took notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Try Beckmann Coulter in East Clare or BHP in Thomondgate in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Not exactly related to your field, or your request for unpaid experience, but CLS in Galway hire a lot of new graduates, as do Vistakon in Castletroy. It may not be exactly what you're looking for but the easiest way into industry is generally QC lab work for a few years.

(My first post-graduate job was with CLS, ditto with at least four of my LIT class)

Advertisement