Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a TV license for a Monitor?

• 21-12-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

If anyone could help me here it would be really appreciated.

What are my options if I want to display non-TV, non-online content, i.e a PowerPoint presentation, on a monitor without having to pay the TV license?

Is it possible to purchase a display for this purpose which is not capable of accepting a TV signal?

I am aware of the option of buying a computer monitor, but was wondering is there such any dedicated displays that would suit this purpose that are not computer monitors?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JB2015 wrote: »
    If anyone could help me here it would be really appreciated.

What are my options if I want to display non-TV, non-online content, i.e a PowerPoint presentation, on a monitor without having to pay the TV license?

Is it possible to purchase a display for this purpose which is not capable of accepting a TV signal?

I am aware of the option of buying a computer monitor, but was wondering is there such any dedicated displays that would suit this purpose that are not computer monitors?

Thanks in advance

What are you using to generate the content to display, a Computer or DVD player?

If the "monitor" has a TV tuner, it needs a licence.

What are you using to generate the content to display, a Computer or DVD player?

If the "monitor" has a TV tuner, it needs a licence.

Most computers have a DVD player though

If it can not receive a television signal you'll be fine no?
    Don't hook it up to a receiver like a free to air or sky box though

Advertisement