Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hilliest races in Ireland

Options
  • 21-12-2016 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭

What would people consider the hilliest races in Ireland?

I did the Stamullen GP last year and loved it, found it much more enjoyable than flat races. I know the Des Hanlon and Nenagh Classic are supposed to be very hilly as well. Are there any other races as hilly as these three?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

DeRonde van Cork have taken over the Minane Bridge classic. It's a feckin brute. No big "climbs" as such, but not an inch of flat road in the circuit.

July 2nd. Bring your light wheels, climbing legs and cajones.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

In terms of one day races the Deenside Cup and Shay Elliot would be equally hard races. Charlevile stage 3 is probably harder than all of them but is a 2 day stage race.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Laragh Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

I did the Stamullen GP last year and loved it, found it much more enjoyable
    Enjoyable? You're doing it wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

Diarmuid wrote: »
    Enjoyable? You're doing it wrong ;)

It was the only race I got points in so that was the one day I wasn't doing something wrong haha.

Advertisement