Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full day tomorrow

Options
  • 21-12-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭

We are finished at 12 tomorrow but my friend is in for the full day, just wondering are many schools doing the full day, I was amazed when she said they didn't have a half day ( first time ever she said). Both secondary schools.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

solerina wrote: »
    We are finished at 12 tomorrow but my friend is in for the full day, just wondering are many schools doing the full day, I was amazed when she said they didn't have a half day ( first time ever she said). Both secondary schools.

Half day here, couldn't come soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Thought xmas and summer hols were allowed half days but not other hols like midterm & easter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Standardised school year circular states that only full days can be counted as a school day I.e. A half day shouldn't be counted as one of your days. Its a rule they should either insist on or get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Interested to see how many schools are actually in a half day too.
    Our DP threatened that we would be in until 4 unless we were good, half joking fully earnest..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Full day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

I thought the required input was "half a day for half a year".
    I never heard of any school not having a half day at Christmas break.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

All the 'full day' schools, would you have more or less than half the students in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

spurious wrote: »
    All the 'full day' schools, would you have more or less than half the students in?

School over from us had no students in today. Parents were on giving out that we were open! Ring them and give out, they're the ones breaking the rules!

The standardised school year is being made a joke in some schools. And then they talk about loss of tuition time so we have croke park hours.

Load of balls.

Anyway, happy Christmas to everyone. I hope its is enjoyable and restful. Its a very intense job so make sure to put the feet up and relax. It will all be okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Just checked..their entire school was in all day today !!

I know a number of schools that have their entire student population in today for a full day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

TheDriver wrote: »
    I know a number of schools that have their entire student population in today for a full day

That's a helluva load of christmas movies to be showing yer classes.
    [ssf][/ssf]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

TheDriver wrote: »

Amazing Christmas spirit shown by each and every one of those bah humbug principals !!!

Amazing Christmas spirit shown by each and every one of those bah humbug principals !!!

Christmas spirit doesn't come into it, its in a circular. Can still have plenty of Christmas spirit in a full day

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'd be interested to hear attendance figures in secondaries working the full day.

It would probably depend on factors such as number of year groups in, demographic of the school and plan for day e.g. Exams

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'd be interested to hear attendance figures in secondaries working the full day.

I reckon we had about 70% attendance for the full day. We had a carol service in the morning block. Between break and lunch we had a table quiz. In the afternoon we had a staff v students charity match. All well attended, no hassle and a good buzz around the school.

Advertisement