Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW's Favourite Diva/Female Tournament !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lita, from her mixed tag matches to her feud with Trish, she was extreme risk taker

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lita was a legit pioneer. I was hooked from the moment I first saw her debuting as Essa Rios' valet. She'd copy his moves after him. She also looked really cool and I felt like girls could definitely have a hero in her. She wasn't afraid to get stuck into battle with the boys either.

Lita

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lita

For the reasons that others have stated really. She's paved the way for a lot of the younger generation with her style of wrestling and her heelish work with Edge was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I like Stephanie but Lita for sure. She was a huge presence in the Attitude Era and after that her work with Edge was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lita makes small work of the most powerful woman in the wrasslin' biz. Our last QF matches I feel may go the same way. First to six give your reasons.

SUNNY VERSUS TRISH STRATUS

Trish Stratus
    trish.jpg

VS

Sunny
    a65ff81228ddb9e5ef651227edc455ad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sunny well because simply Sunny is was the greatest Diva the WWE has ever had or will have.

What happened Tammy with her addictions is terrible.

But Sunny was just amazing she had it all if you weren't around at the time you will never understand how over she was at the dawn of the internet age and the pushing of the boundaries toward the Attitude Era.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Trish.

So much to admire about her, but I love the way she's now out of the wrestling business, and seems to be a normal level headed person.

During her time in WWE she made the most of every crap angle they gave her, endured a hell of a lot of embarrassing angles, but she worked her fine ass off, improved unrecognisably as an in ring performer and brought a level of prominence to women's wrestling that had previously been a joke.

Trish x 10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Trish. Went from the hottest piece of T&A (geddit?) in WWE to legit great women's wrestler who main evented Raw with Lita.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I cannot vote for anyone but Sunny, though Trish was awesome and both should be at least in the semis. Sunny was the original Diva and was a bona fide star at her peak. As a pubescent male back in the day she was no. 1 without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah feck it.

Trish because she became what no one probably ever thought she would ever amount to in wwe. She is the definition of not judging a book by its cover.

• Advertisement

I gonna go Trish here. There's no doubting her impact on the industry. Like somebody mentioned she got a few crap storylines and fueds over the years but generally was central to many entertaining segments and matches. Hot as hell as well.

Yeah yeah Sunny was the first diva but did she ever do anything of note? I couldn't come up with a Sunny "moment" if I how two weeks to think about it.

T. Stratus by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Trish for me. The total package. I was a huge Sunny fan back in the day, but she turned out to be a bit trailer park...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

TRISH

Sunny was the original "Diva" but Trish almost single handledly changed the division

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Trish went from perhaps a classier version of Sunny aka a ridiculously hot Diva to a great women's wrestler and for thatdeserves to be higher up the list than Sunny

Trish Stratus beats Sunny who clearly has many fans here on boards.ie. we have our semi final draw. One recently returned star and three ladies that have since retired. Two blondes-two brunettes. For this round I'm going to try get first to seven. Again, add your reasons for voting to your post to make 'em count. If one of the mods could possibly change the title to state that it is the SFs that would be great.

Mickie James VS Lita
    Trish Stratus VS Sable
    Mickie James VS Lita

Mickie James
    d5487db7b28083d18c907d9754f03e36.jpg

VS

Lita
    img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=45853885

My vote here has to go with Lita. Quite possibly the greatest female in-ring performer of all time. Always looked utterly beautiful. Had many different phases of her career and all were more interesting than the next (Essa Rios-Hardyz-Singles run-Rated R Edge). In terms of deserving HOFs she really has to have some of the best credentials. Great showing by MJ it must be said.

Lita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Going to say lita to. From Valet to Wrestler she had the lot and as stated the Rated R stuff was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lita definitely two great careers but I think Lita is more iconic then mickie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Lita

For the reasons that others have stated really. She's paved the way for a lot of the younger generation with her style of wrestling and her heelish work with Edge was excellent.

This is tough. Both were great, talented ladies. Lita had the ability to be really loved and really hated. That's hard for even the best stars. I fancy Mickie James like crazy but have to give the nod to the Redhead here. She was truly different.

• Advertisement

Lita, I think she may have changed opinions on women's wrestling with her unique style and paved the way for others

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Mickie

Lita was sloppy in the ring and got herself hurt.

Mickie's angle with Trish is still the best women's angle they've ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lita

She changed the perception of women's wrestling IMO

Lita wins quite convincingly against a far from push over Mickie James. Our last semi final will decide who will be up against Lita in the final. First to six give your reasons.

SABLE VS TRISH STRATUS

Trish Stratus
    trish.jpg

VS

Sable
    s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Trish started as just something to look at but worked hard to become a great wrestler and had some great feuds with lita and mickie.

I know I should really vote Trish. Her career had so many moments of note. Oozing charisma, sex and skill. But like I've been saying Sable just epitomised the Attitude era. You think the attitude she's certainly the female you think of.

Sable FTW.

I think it is very fitting that the final should be between Lita and Trish so Trish gets my vote here

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trish a complete role model for all wrestlers not just the females and as Liz said only fitting that the final should come down to her and Lita both modern day pioneers for female wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trish. Not only for her great work but somehow overcoming that storyline with Vince to become a main event star.

• Advertisement

Trish. She actually had talent and was willing to learn. The send off in her retirement match in Toronto is something Sable and Sunny couldn't even dream of. Trish is a great.

Advertisement