Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW's Favourite Diva/Female Tournament !

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Going to say trish to. She had it all and seems genuine person to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Trish like Lita makes small work of her semi final opponent. We have a match which we have seen before IRL. Surely two females that were dead set favorites coming into this. Two pioneers, two HOFers, two former womens champions and two women were never less than five star inside and outside of the ring.
    Trish Stratus VS Lita
    Trish Stratus

43fa1a678bdbbf6936d4085176452214.jpg

Round 1 - By
    Round 2 - Beat Chyna
    Round 3 - Beat Taeler Hendrix
    Round 4 - Beat Melina
    QF Round - Beat Sunny
    SF Round - Beat Sable

VS
    Lita

5efcc993162330c075578d55d95f42d9.jpg

Round 1 - By
    Round 2 - Beat Ivelisse
    Round 3 - Beat Kaitlyn
    Round 4 - Beat AJ Lee
    QF Round - Beat Stephanie McMahon
    SF Round - Beat Mickie James

sneak_rivalries_lita_trish03.jpg

Super final we have here. I'll give the voting until late enough tomorrow evening, most votes will win it. Please give you reasons. Again if maybe a mod could state that it is the final in the thread title that would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Have to give it to Trish, while both ladies deserve to be crowned no. 1 Trish just edges it for having the most title reigns with seven and the second longest combined days as champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I knew for sure that Trish vs. Lita was going to be final for this tournament.

My vote goes to Trish simple because she got better with age in terms of her in-ring ability. I am pretty sure she could have an amazing match with anyone in current womens division right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The deserving finalists for sure.

Think I'll go with Trish for the same reasons I have mentioned in her other rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,714 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lita

I think Lita had the better style of wrestling and move set so more interesting in ring

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Both great in the ring so I'll let my shallowness win out and say Trish because she is the bigger ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The deserved final. I'm going to go with Trish because she overcame some really crap storylines and became really well respected for her in ring work. Has always come across a classy woman outside the ring too which Lita to be honest has not.

And I still fancy Trish more, sorry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Trish for me to as others have said the deciding factor is mostly looks but two talented ladies none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 60,699 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have to go with Trish as well but it's very close between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Trish.

A more polished in ring performer, and hotter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's Trish. It's hard to put into words why she is no.1 above her opponent but I guess when you look at the title of this thread maybe you will see why Diva/Female... now I know all WWE Divas are females but I take the latter to more so mean female wrestler and although Lita was a great wrestler Trish just seems like the prototype of the two combined. You could actually blame her for the proliferation of models in the WWF/E such was her success at both being ridiculously hot and really good in the ring. She was such a star she made the company rethink their hiring policy. Of course not many of the other (in her case fitness) models could come near to doing what she did so thankfully they moved back to actual wrestlers but that does not lessen how great she was.

very fitting final though. Maybe some of the current crop could challenge them someday but I feel it'll take a number of good years more at least before that is a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trish. Not taking away from Lita, but we saw Trish working hard to get where she is from giving us T&A to demeaning storylines and on to become a respected in ring performer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

.....and that's that. Stratus wins very convincingly.

I'd give my vote to Lita solely as I was sold on Lita from day one when she arrived with Essa Rios. Plus one of my favourite characters ever is Rated R Edge. That wouldn't have happened without Lita.

Let's raise a glass to boards.ie PW forum's favourite diva/female Trish Stratus She really was/is a class act. As somebody stated it will be interesting to do this in five or six years time to see if any of the current crop of females have even come close to Trish's (and Lita's) legacy.

Been great doing this. Thanks for voting throughout the tournament ladies and gents.

Any comments or surprises IYO?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well done on organising it all Shagnastii, was a fun little tournament. Trawling through the internet for pictures of scantily clad women must have been hard work!

Becky getting knocked out pretty early on was a surprise. Thought the home vote would carry her further.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah Becky being knocked out was suprising. Sable getting as far as she did surprised me. I have mass in sable(although I do listen to Jim cornette a lot and he's her biggest fan) at all. But no complaints with trish winning. She really is the epitome of not judging a book by its cover. I mean for those of us who remember when trish debuted, who honestly thought she'd end up a seven time champion ? I didn't anyway.

Advertisement