Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cellular service not updating

Options
  • 21-12-2016 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Phone: iPhone 5s
    Carrier: 3 (Three)

Have been noticing of recent if I spend a couple of hours in a no service or 1 bar area, once I'm back in a good area (full 3G or 4G) phone doesn't automatically update/connect.

I tested it today by hopping on the N7 where I always get 4G. After an hour of driving, patiently waiting, I had to go into airplane mode for 30 seconds to get it to refresh and receive messages & calls.

Is it my phone? 3 (Three)?

*edit: I didn't post this to Three because I've spoken to them about this and previous issues about coverage in the past and, whatever the issue is, the response is always the same B.S. "...maintenance on a tower in your area..." which is an obvious "white lie" because once I've solved (past) the issue - all is well, no magical faulty tower.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Strainseir wrote: »
    Phone: iPhone 5s
    Carrier: 3 (Three)

Have been noticing of recent if I spend a couple of hours in a no service or 1 bar area, once I'm back in a good area (full 3G or 4G) phone doesn't automatically update/connect.

I tested it today by hopping on the N7 where I always get 4G. After an hour of driving, patiently waiting, I had to go into airplane mode for 30 seconds to get it to refresh and receive messages & calls.

Is it my phone? 3 (Three)?

*edit: I didn't post this to Three because I've spoken to them about this and previous issues about coverage in the past and, whatever the issue is, the response is always the same B.S. "...maintenance on a tower in your area..." which is an obvious "white lie" because once I've solved (past) the issue - all is well, no magical faulty tower.

I left Three about 4 years ago, and that was happening for a couple of years before that. Three had no interest in fixing it. At the time it was thought to be caused by switching between the Three 3G signal and the backup Vodafone signal, but that shouldn't still be happening with the O2 takeover.

Advertisement