Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher level maths !!

Options
  • 21-12-2016 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Does anyone have any advice on how to study maths? Out of the 11 chapters we have done this year so far, I know how to do 6 properly. For the last 3 days I have been teaching myself these chapters and I got 3 done. I am usually okay in class but once we get to exam type questions my mind becomes blank. We are not allowed write in our maths exam papers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KathMcCann

Ialison wrote: »
    Does anyone have any advice on how to study maths? Out of the 11 chapters we have done this year so far, I know how to do 6 properly. For the last 3 days I have been teaching myself these chapters and I got 3 done. I am usually okay in class but once we get to exam type questions my mind becomes blank. We are not allowed write in our maths exam papers.

My kids watch video tutorials on Youtube to help them. Have a look at studyclix.com as they have videos there. It's also free to use the resources there.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Okay, so my idea would be to:

Read what the book has to say on a specific topic. Research it online further if you are not totally sure about it.
    Next, try a question from your book towards the start of the section you are trying to revise, and then one towards the end of it. The ones towards the end tend to be the harder, or more 'Junior Cert Orientated' ones.
    After doing this, try some exam paper questions.

Best of Luck with the study!

Advertisement