Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

desbrook wrote: »
    Just for the record I wouldn't mind 20 euro a day to flitter away on coffee and eating out etc !!!

same here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Yeah I cant see the harm in a radio.

you would think that there would have been at least one scene where Katie would have begged for a radio or someway to even listen to music.

the most incredulous scene last night I thought was when Oisin asked Paul for a loan. I mean who asks for a loan from somebody whose bank accounts have just been emptied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

the most incredulous scene last night I thought was when Oisin asked Paul for a loan. I mean who asks for a loan from somebody whose bank accounts have just been emptied.

Oisin

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

In the number of plot holes in The Plan, that right there is number 1 (and its a VERY long list!). Paul has a load of businesses and staff too, it wouldn't have been long after Niamh took the money last October before Paul was getting it in the ear from his staff or creditors about missing money and yet we are expected to believe that the very first time he knew something was up was when he was in the bank managers office with Niamh!

What about his crisp 50 euro notes for the pub 7 nights a week?? Is that in his wallet..

And it would be easy to say ah get a life its only a show stop analysing and yes, its not really important in the big picture but I have seen a lot of quality tv drama both Irish and other, the last few years so you get used to a certain level of quality or even basic research which makes it hard to watch FC and NOT pass comment..

Where they have gone wrong is in making the Plan way too complicated. Too many characters involved and too many sub plots to the point where the overall plot becomes full of holes that are impossible to explain away.

One of the reasons the storyline doesn't work is because Paul is a millionaire businessman with a number of different businesses and a whole load of properties. It would impossible to ruin him by rifling a few bob out of his bank account, which means the "Niamh tries to ruin Paul" storyline was complete nonsense from the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The wife comments that although Katy has been locked up for so long .... her eyebrows are at least kept perfect :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

the most incredulous scene last night I thought was when Oisin asked Paul for a loan. I mean who asks for a loan from somebody whose bank accounts have just been emptied.[/QUOTE]

Tactless Oisin and Clueless Paul

They are not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer, neither
    one of them have copped on to Niamh's deception either.
    Looking forward to her getting her comeuppance. Hope FC
    doesn't make a mess of that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

nagdefy wrote: »
    That's going to be a funny storyline:) He was gas last night, losing his mojo and saying when he spoke all the buyers smiled and women fell for him! He was like the old Wayne from 20 years ago.

I remember Jimmy Doyle carrying a drunk Wayne into his house and Wayne singing 'Take me up to Monto'! And another night on the pull telling Anne Clarke she was looking 'curvaceous':D He was a young lad and a messer but great fun.

When his sister Lorraine had broken up with Jimmy Doyle she took to her room playing music. One morning Wayne gets up bleary eyed saying 'Jesu i didn't get a wink of sleeping with that bleeding Whitney Heuston blaring all over the place!'. Wayne had become too serious.

His character was 100 times more entertaining than Paul Brennan and his inflated ego.

Victor Burke is the best Wayne. Glad he took up the role again.
    The character brought good humour to the show years ago too.

I think Niamh is going to buckle in the end (soon) and confess everything to Paul but turn it all around to her by saying he forced her to do it because of the affair and that he really hurt her and thats the only way she could get her own back on him. Whether he will forgive her is another thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Victor Burke is the best Wayne. Glad he took up the role again.
    The character brought good humour to the show years ago too.

Agreed, by far. The other Wayne, the fella who was in the mobile phone, should have sent a text ad in the late 90s, 'Hello Kate it's me the lad from the bar!', was dull as ditch water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

The way I see the Katie storing is your wan waking up, saying Ciaran has KT. Ciaran ends up taking Ellie hostage.

Dermot will get caught and for a reduced sentence will rat out Niamh completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ah Wayne Junior was gorgeous. He did really well in his role.

Paul definitely owns more flats, he owned the one Jimmy and Robin lived in. They also own Smart Solutions and Niamh bought a share in a business venture with Hayley.

Is the driving school Paul's or Ray's?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,297 ✭✭✭✭walshb

That's it. I'm done! Sick to the teeth explaining the beauty and genius of the plan. All the sub plots and holes are all just smokes and mirrors. All part of Niamh's real plan, the "spoil Don Paulio's Valentines." This is where it's really at. Get with it, for chrissake. Paulio's paying for Valentines. He's fooked. And he just doesn't realise it yet. Like all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Niamh, with all her OTT facial expressions would have been great in the Silent Movies era.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Niamh, with all her OTT facial expressions would have been great in the Silent Movies era.

The Plan, 1920s, the entire plot in 25 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

muggles wrote: »
    So between them the Brennan's own:

The garage
    The Pod
    Investment in Carol's Cabs
    The salon
    Their own house
    Orla & Wayne's house
    Dan's flat
    Share in Gina's house

I'm nearly sure there have been another couple of apartment blocks or buildings mentioned too yet they've convinced Paul he needs to go around scrimping on 20 quid a day?? Still can't get my head around how we're meant to believe Niamh is going to do better off with 400k (?) in cash rather than half the assets in a divorce. This Plan is more complicated to follow than the Ansbacher accounts.

All we need now is for Paul and Niamh to sit down with MABS are work out their 'difficulties' on the easy-pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Don't forget Paul also has the Market Place!

Don't forget Paul also has the Market Place!

He'd want to get crackin' on his p35 return as Dermish is a.w.o.l.

Can anybody remember what happened to the laundrette that Dermot had in the Market Place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Can anybody remember what happened to the laundrette that Dermot had in the Market Place?

Business "dried " up / writers forgot it existed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Why couldn't the writers have written zoe out in a more plausible way ? They could have had had her sister move home to Ireland, get a good job and have zoe move in with her in say Bray.....as for both bens mothers they could have had both of them shot dead in a random gun attack at the hospital by one of these crazy American lone gunmen

• Advertisement

Why couldn't the writers have written zoe out in a more plausible way ? They could have had had sister move home to Ireland, get a good job and have zoe move in with her in say Bray.....as for both bens mothers they could have had both of them shot dead in a random gun attack at the hospital by one of these crazy American lone gunmen

It is almost as bad as letting the actor that plays Ray go on holidays a day before his onscreen wife dies and then letting Deegan be the chief mourner.

Bring back Rita's bell.

There was a scene last week or the week before that featured the launderette in the background and somebody came out the door as if business was as usual...I stand to be corrected it may have been the beauty salon.

Why couldn't the writers have written zoe out in a more plausible way ? They could have had had sister move home to Ireland, get a good job and have zoe move in with her in say Bray.....as for both bens mothers they could have had both of them shot dead in a random gun attack at the hospital by one of these crazy American lone gunmen

Even if they moved in to Oisins old room in Mallow it would be more believable!

It is almost as bad as letting the actor that plays Ray go on holidays a day before his onscreen wife dies and then letting Deegan be the chief mourner.

Bring back Rita's bell.

There's Jo's ringtone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    He'd want to get crackin' on his p35 return as Dermish is a.w.o.l.

Agreed, and then once February is over, he'll have a VAT return due.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Has the actress who plays Zoe actually been written out of FC then or is it just a typical memory loss from the writers??

Anyone notice that when Niamh was carrying a bit more weight she was always bubbly, joking, cutely daft airhead ... but since she slimmed she's turned into a complete and utter out for herself bítch! ... so has a persons weight got any baring on this I am wondering? :confused: ... or maybe its just coincidence?

Anyone notice that when Niamh was carrying a bit more weight she was always bubbly, joking, cutely daft airhead ... but since she slimmed she's turned into a complete and utter out for herself bítch! ... so has a persons weight got any baring on this I am wondering? :confused: ... or maybe its just coincidence?

What???? That isn't a nice post, Andy.

What???? That isn't a nice post, Andy.

sorry, it was my own personal observance .. she has changed tho to be fair, she was never like that before ... and I am talking about the character , not the actor ..

• Advertisement

sorry, it was my own personal observance .. she has changed tho to be fair, she was never like that before

She has changed but her character has nothing to do with her aesthetics! It is the actress (or RTE job for lifer) that changed in that respect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement