Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

sorry, it was my own personal observance .. she has changed tho to be fair, she was never like that before ... and I am talking about the character , not the actor ..

I don't think her appearance has anything to do with what scripts she is handed! Nothing will come of this Plan in the end. She will most likely confess and say she was pushed to it, Paul will be annoyed at first but then forgive her and they will end up happily ever after as it always was and as it always will be. There is nothing else for the characters of Paul and Niamh to do at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,761 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul getting pocket money :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

She has changed but her character has nothing to do with her aesthetics! It is the actress (or RTE job for lifer) that changed in that respect

I don't think her affair with Michael would have happened if haden't lost all that weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't think her affair with Michael would have happened if haden't lost all that weight.

Yep, because the actor playing Mumbles would have refused!

Anyway, I am out of this conversation, it is borderline Mod intervention, I anticipate!

Yep, because the actor playing Mumbles would have refused!

Anyway, I am out of this conversation, it is borderline Mod intervention, I anticipate!

No he wouldn't but just after she looses loads of weight and she looks amazing they writers decide to give her a toy boy. It's a strange coincidence in my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Last night, I found it difficult to get to sleep, and I couldn't help imagining the future episodes of Fair City.
    As you do......

For instance, I wondered what life will be like for KT when (and if) she's eventually released back into the wild. She has a lot of news to catch up on.

Will she go...
    "You know, before I was so cruelly abducted last May, I remember Enda Kenny trying to form a whole new government. The eejit! As if anyone was ever going to let Fine Gael get back into government. Ha ha!
    ... What? Kenny is Taoiseach again? Ah for fcuk's sake!
    But at least Hilary Clinton is the new president of America. It'll be nice to see a woman in the White House...
    .... What? Ah come on! For the love of God! Jaysis, I know I missed a lot, but you're telling me Donald Trump is the President? Donald fcukin' Trump?
    Ah here! There's no way I can watch that bollix's fookin hairpiece on the news every night. Tell Ciarán to fasten me up again, and this time he can throw away the keys!"

I also imagine little Ruthie loosing her cool with Niamh.
    "You mean you want me to go upstairs again and colour in pictures. But I've been upstairs since October. It's the first time in nearly four months you've even set eyes on me, and now you want me to shag off up there again! No, fook off! Ain't gonna happen, b1tch! "

I imagine Oisín winning the Lotto and buying Paul's business back off NAMA. And he shaves his head and buys a massive black overcoat, just like every self-respecting business man does.
    The Dolphin Pod becomes an Irish version of Trump Towers, and Oisín's future plans include turning the garage into the third terminal of Dublin Airport. Sure there'll be no bother getting planning permission for that.....
    See, that's the sort of thing that goes through my head when I can't get to sleep at night. I'm fearful that FC, (and this thread) have an evil hold on me. Sometimes I think I'm going mad. Hey, I wonder is Heather's bed is still free in that mental hospital?
    Finally, just as daybreak enters through my curtains I doze off into a peaceful, dreamless slumber.........

And that's when the fcukin' alarm clock goes off!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Anyone notice that when Niamh was carrying a bit more weight she was always bubbly, joking, cutely daft airhead ... but since she slimmed she's turned into a complete and utter out for herself bítch! ... so has a persons weight got any baring on this I am wondering? :confused: ... or maybe its just coincidence?

I do see what you're saying here Andy.....on TV (not real life btw) the ice queen is always the skinny woman whereas the cute, everyones best friend, funny girl can sometimes be an average sized woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

What does Ciaran carry around in that back pack?

45 scriptwriters.

Katy's good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I do see what you're saying here Andy.....on TV (not real life btw) the ice queen is always the skinny woman whereas the cute, everyones best friend, funny girl can sometimes be an average sized woman.

exactly what I was getting at ... but didnt word it as good as you :)

Hair and beauty products that he uses on Katy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

eyebrow trimmers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

Kieran /Cairan should have got Katy/Katie a cute little puppy dog to keep her company whilst he locked her up - least he could have done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Kieran /Cairan should have got Katy/Katie a cute little puppy dog to keep her company whilst he locked her up - least he could have done

Good idea, the puppy could chew his way through those walls and KT could escape.

jos28 wrote: »
    Good idea, the puppy could chew his way through those walls and KT could escape.

she could train the puppy (cause the way this storyline is going we have at least another 3 years of this kt locked up storyline left) to attack kieran/ciaran whilst she escapes through the open door

I knew it!
    Niamh has second thoughts about her plan to destroy Paul after realizing that Ruth would never see her father again if they flee,

I called it months ago, the way she is going now it might even be a lot sooner than September before things are all rosy again in the Brennan household.

2015-11-09_new_14427449_I1.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Niamh leaving the country was never ever ever ever ever ever going to happen, Clelia Murphy is as much an RTE lifer as Larry Gogan and Gaybo

Niamh leaving the country was never ever ever ever ever ever going to happen, Clelia Murphy is as much an RTE lifer as Larry Gogan and Gaybo

Oh I know you are right, I knew It deep down, I just thought maybe possibly slightly for a fraction of a second there, what with the fact that she took his money and is behind all his misery, that she might actually FOLLOW THROUGH FOR ONCE AND LEAVE HIM. I knew she wasn't going to leave the country but its going to be literally the most pathetic thing the scriptwriters ever ever did to put them back together yet again, even though I know they will. It will start with her not wanting Ruth to leave her father then she will probably blame the whole thing on Oisin and Paul is none the wiser.

This is why I cant stand Paul and Niamh so much- they get the most airtime despite the ending of all their storylines being obvious from the get-go. Its Niamh who looks such a weak, weak woman in all this, constantly going back to the man who treats her like rubbish and the kids aren't even hers.:(

• Advertisement

I feel sorry for Ciaran, all the stress he has to deal with, Katy ungrateful and then Farrah's family problems, the poor fella he needs a break

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Since when did Neimh become owner of the family home? When the financial advisor was discussing what assets to sell the house was mentioned and Neimh said something like, " oh no, you're not touching that, that's mine."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I knew it!
    Niamh has second thoughts about her plan to destroy Paul after realizing that Ruth would never see her father again if they flee,

I called it months ago, the way she is going now it might even be a lot sooner than September before things are all rosy again in the Brennan household.

The whole story has been a nonsense. We'll probably see Dermot back working as an accountant again and in full health as if nothing even happened.

and then Bobby will walk out of the shower and in the end it will have been all a dream, and dirty den will be alive again :D

Strazdas wrote: »
    The whole story has been a nonsense. We'll probably see Dermot back working as an accountant again and in full health as if nothing even happened.

The word "probably" has no right of place in that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

My neighbour had a recurring role in Fair City a few years ago, he said the actress who played Niamh was a complete wagon.

redbuck wrote: »
    My neighbour had a recurring role in Fair City a few years ago, he said the actress who played Niamh was a complete wagon.

Rita's bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Rita's bell?

Lol no, one of the gangsters Deco used to battle. He said the Ram and Paul were sound and that the lady who played Jo was a wagon also.

redbuck wrote: »
    Lol no, one of the gangsters Deco used to battle. He said the Ram and Paul were sound and that the lady who played Jo was a wagon also.

I knew about Jo, she has her own drama school and my co-worker had his kid up there one evening for a function and the one who plays Jo was horrible to the staff who were catering for the event, she was snapping her fingers every 3 seconds demanding more drinks and trying to make a show of them if they weren't fast enough for them, a complete and utter cow. Maybe she deserved to be sacked. Didn't know anything about Niamh.

• Advertisement

I knew about Jo, she has her own drama school and my co-worker had his kid up there one evening for a function and the one who plays Jo was horrible to the staff who were catering for the event, she was snapping her fingers every 3 seconds demanding more drinks and trying to make a show of them if they weren't fast enough for them, a complete and utter cow. Maybe she deserved to be sacked. Didn't know anything about Niamh.

I heard the opposite about R.S. Murphy (Jo) from a few sources actually (a bit eccentric but no badness and very well respected for her acting agency work) and apparently she does a lot for charity, particularly The Samaritans.
    Just for the sake of balance, as that is a very strongly worded post!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement