Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

walshb wrote: »
    Wanderer, why all the questions? My head hurts...

I know the feeling!

Just a few more:

Who is paying for Heathers treatment?

Where would Hughie get the cash for The Pod?

Oisin mockingly told Callum to do the cleaning as he had more important things to do....like clean The Pod!

Who looked after The Hungry Pig during the hospital visit?

Do any of the cast spend one day where they DONT go to the pub in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fook it. My head's all over the shop lately. Am I imagining it or is the show getting more ridiculous as it ages? Aren't things in life generally supposed to improve with practice and time?

So, here's a question to the actors. Why D fook haven't you revolted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

....So, here's a question to the actors. Why D fook haven't you revolted?...

Don't bite the hand that feeds ye ....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Don't bite the hand that feeds ye ....

Safety in numbers?

Safety in numbers?

in all fairness where would they get another acting job - how many times do you see something and go "ah yeah that buck starred in fair city" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Mouseslayer17

Niamh going all The Wire with the burner phone
    FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Its sinking lower and lower. Its all Dallas and no Dynasty done badly. That Arcade thing? Holy fook! If it was an excuse to provide more crap storylines and woefull acting I could nearly accept it, but they are serious about it.:eek:

Ellie. Farrah. LH. KT. Paulio and psycho Niamh? Where is it all going? - Nowhere. I'm taking another break. FC is getting beyond funny. Its now annoying even trying to take the piss out of it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

Have to say i'm loving FC the last while, great story lines if not a little ott. The Niamh and Paul thing is great and Haley dropping him like a hot snot was gas. and now Wayne has all this money belong to paul, just brill.
    Glad Jane is in the forefront now i think her character is underused till now. and it's great that Orlaigh is at last learning to act. Hughie stuck in the middle of these family feuds that have little to do with him is gas as fit right back into the show and Oisin is brilliant I just want to strangle him.
    It has gone very far fetched but great to watch, who wants normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Farrah : ''I'm going to the hospital. Header tried to poison Ellie before, so I don't trust her. I'm keeping a close eye on Ellie while we're there.''

Eh, Farrah, I'm not an authority on hospital procedure, but I'd be surprised if a patient in a High Dependency Unit (who has just come out of a coma) would have her bedside locker full of toxic medications, ready to dispense to visitors.
    I'm not exactly qualified, the only experience I have of medical matters is from watching those ICU scenes in Fair City.
    But having watched those doctors in action, and seen how easy it is, I just might apply for a position as Liver Transplant/ Head Trauma Consultant, with maybe a career in Children's Chest Infection-ology as a standby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

penno wrote: »
    Have to say i'm loving FC the last while, great story lines if not a little ott. The Niamh and Paul thing is great and Haley dropping him like a hot snot was gas. and now Wayne has all this money belong to paul, just brill.
    Glad Jane is in the forefront now i think her character is underused till now. and it's great that Orlaigh is at last learning to act. Hughie stuck in the middle of these family feuds that have little to do with him is gas as fit right back into the show and Oisin is brilliant I just want to strangle him.
    It has gone very far fetched but great to watch, who wants normal.

In fairness I agree but only for this thread! FC is the COMPLETE opposite of a show that I'd go out of my way to watch but the bizarreness and plot holes make it an undisputed heavyweight of my accidental comedy drama diet!

Long may those 45 writers live off my license fee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wouldn't it be great if Osisn had some plan with Nicola in which he managed to have all the properties especially the family home in his name so when Niamh does her big reveal he could put her put on the street as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »
    Farrah : ''I'm going to the hospital. Header tried to poison Ellie before, so I don't trust her. I'm keeping a close eye on Ellie while we're there.''

Eh, Farrah, I'm not an authority on hospital procedure, but I'd be surprised if a patient in a High Dependency Unit (who has just come out of a coma) would have her bedside locker full of toxic medications, ready to dispense to visitors.
    I'm not exactly qualified, the only experience I have of medical matters is from watching those ICU scenes in Fair City.
    But having watched those doctors in action, and seen how easy it is, I just might apply for a position as Liver Transplant/ Head Trauma Consultant, with maybe a career in Children's Chest Infection-ology as a standby
    I'm not a gynaecologist but I'll have a good look at it anyway.

coolhull wrote: »

This is Fair City we are talking about, where storylines can be as wild, whacky and unbelievable as you (the writers) want! - I bet heather has got a who load of Poisons in her bedside locker and the nurses and doctors are in on it too :D

Wouldn't it be great if Osisn had some plan with Nicola in which he managed to have all the properties especially the family home in his name so when Niamh does her big reveal he could put her put on the street as well!

Would it be great if FC writers played the "opposites Attract" / "theres a thin line between love and hate" card and made Oisin and Niamh fall in love and have an affair behind Paul's back ... and she does it just to get her own back on Paul for him going off with that blonde slapper....

Would it be great if FC writers played the "opposites Attract" / "theres a thin line between love and hate" card and made Oisin and Niamh fall in love and have an affair behind Paul's back ... and she does it just to get her own back on Paul for him going off with that blonde slapper....
    Callum and Nicola.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

in all fairness where would they get another acting job - how many times do you see something and go "ah yeah that buck starred in fair city" ?

Love/hate is the only one I recognize and even he's terrible.

I know the feeling!

Just a few more:

Who is paying for Heathers treatment

The state :pac:

why would that tool hugie be buying a youth hostel ? wasn't he flat broke a couple of months ago ? isn't the pod especially for Rachel anyway ?

How did he even buy McCoys ? He was homeless guy there at one stage and a drunk living with Rennie and bobs burgers and then Suddenly he owns a pub and isn't an alcoholic anymore? LOL

^^^^^^^^^^

I think he had a claim coming when he was on the pi$$. He went away and came back sober with a load of money and bought McCoys.

Or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Who starts a new job on a Sunday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sligojoek wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

I think he had a claim coming when he was on the pi$$. He went away and came back sober with a load of money and bought McCoys.

Or something like that.

I find it funny how he was bad alcoholic and he buys a pub? FFS ! and you never see him attend AA meetings!

^^^^^^^^^^

Or something like that.

Yeah wasnt it to do with Christy's inheritence or something? or am i getting confused with christy giving the shop to farrah?

• Advertisement

Hughie honestly seems to want nothing to do with The Pod so I'm still assuming it's Niamh giving him the money.

Re: questions about the houses:

The Pod is next to where Debbie lives
    Orla and Wayne live in the Brennan's old house which is technically owned by Niamh (she bought it from Nicola after divorce #1 from Paul).
    Niamh, Sean and siblings co-own their mother Gina's house. This house does not feature on the show.

Yeah wasnt it to do with Christy's inheritence or something? or am i getting confused with christy giving the shop to farrah?
    I'm nearly sure it was a claim. Something about a cruise ship in the Caribbean.

I am so irritated by Farrah practically mauling LH every time they are in the shop. If I was a customer or an employee I'd actually be morto for her/them.

youwould wrote: »
    I am so irritated by Farrah practically mauling LH every time they are in the shop. If I was a customer or an employee I'd actually be morto for her/them.
    She looked very broody this evening after LH was speaking to the doctor.
    "Sure we're a family now."

One part of me was hoping heathers first words after coming around was "Katie in danger!, talk to kieran" but I suppose that's asking too much of her after coming out of a coma...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

She looked very broody this evening after LH was speaking to the doctor.
    "Sure we're a family now."

She's a fast mover : she only went on her first ever date with Ciaran four weeks ago (!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

youwould wrote: »

A fella who posts here The Parish Priest:D

Sorry youwould couldn't resist;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

sligojoek wrote:
    She looked very broody this evening after LH was speaking to the doctor. "Sure we're a family now."

Yeah just her, Ciaran, Ellie and Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

youwould wrote:

Especially a grown man running a phone cover stall for someone else. Can't be much money in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I thought an arcade was a place with video games and pool tables

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement