Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

bazermc wrote: »
    I thought an arcade was a place with video games and pool tables

Heard on the grapevine they are gettin space invaders in next week. What's the betting Ben in his hoodie and Callum be hoggin the feckin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

I thought a speakeasy belonged in 1920's prohibition America. its fair city i.e. The twilight zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    I thought a speakeasy belonged in 1920's prohibition America. its fair city i.e. The twilight zone.

I thought a Speakeasy was an ancient Irish mobile phone provider - I am sure I had a Speakeasy pay as you go phone in the 90's ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No, it can mean a collection of shops and market stalls alright. The Georges Street Arcade in Dublin would be one example :

http://www.dublintown.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Georges-Arcade-2.jpg

Strazdas wrote: »
    She's a fast mover : she only went on her first ever date with Ciaran four weeks ago (!)

life is short innit - you gotta grab life by the short n curly's when you can. Neither of them are spring young chicken wan's.

Pretty sure by 4 weeks of our first date I was engaged to my now mrs of 25 years - I think they are taking it too slow personally :D

• Advertisement

Cazale wrote: »
    Especially a grown man running a phone cover stall for someone else. Can't be much money in it.

he aint gonna make money if he dont know the product inside and out- what was he doing the other day when the guy wanted to buy something and eoghan had to read the back of the pack, sure the bloke buying it would have been capable of doing that himself - eoghan mate, do yourself a favour your not cut out for that stall mate, go and get a job what your used to , how bout being on the switch of a taxi firm ... leave the mobile accessories sales to the experts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

life is short innit - you gotta grab life by the short n curly's when you can. Neither of them are spring young chicken wan's.

Pretty sure by 4 weeks of our first date I was engaged to my now mrs of 25 years - I think they are taking it too slow personally :D

I'm all for a whirlwind romance but Farrah doesn't know the first thing about her new fella (and certainly not the fact that he is a nutjob and kidnapper). It's bit premature to be calling him 'one of the family' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Cazale wrote: »
    Paul could murder someone in McCoys and he still wouldn't be barred.

The victim would be laying on the floor with blood pouring from a bullet wound and Paul holding a smoking gun and Hughie would just say 'Paul, i think you should leave and calm down'.

Next day, Paul saunters in, throws down a twenty onto the counter and says 'Pint please, Hughie. Look, about yesterday. Sorry about murdering that man. It's just that, with all the stuff going on with me money and not being able to find a buyer, i just lost the head a bit, ya know"

Hughie: "We'll say no more about it, just don't let it happen again. I don't need to be spending time mopping up blood."

Paul: "Bring the pint down to me will you."

Hughie leans on the bar and says to Niamh "You need to end this now. You've got what you wanted. He's murdering people now."

Niamh with a smirk "This is over when i say it's over. And that's Valentine's Day for dramatic effect"

Hughie: "What's happened to you, Niamh". Then he walks off into the back room without pouring the pint because why would he, it's only a pub.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm all for a whirlwind romance but Farrah doesn't know the first thing about her new fella (and certainly not the fact that he is a nutjob and kidnapper). It's bit premature to be calling him 'one of the family' :D

ah she might be OK with him locking up/kidnapping someone - this is fair city after all :D anythings possible ... maybe they will have KT as one of the bridesmaids at their wedding :) ...

monkey9 wrote: »
    The victim would be laying on the floor with blood pouring from a bullet wound and Paul holding a smoking gun and Hughie would just say 'Paul, i think you should leave and calm down'.

Next day, Paul saunters in, throws down a twenty onto the counter and says 'Pint please, Hughie. Look, about yesterday. Sorry about murdering that man. It's just that, with all the stuff going on with me money and not being able to find a buyer, i just lost the head a bit, ya know"

Hughie: "We'll say no more about it, just don't let it happen again. I don't need to be spending time mopping up blood."

Hughie leans on the bar and says to Niamh "You need to end this now. You've got what you wanted. He's murdering people now."

Niamh with a smirk "This is over when i say it's over. And that's Valentine's Day for dramatic effect"

Hughie: "What's happened to you, Niamh". Then he walks off into the back room without pouring the pint because why would he, it's only a pub.

haha - you nailed it :D ... you arent a incognito script writer are ye? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

TG for this page, saves me from watching the bullcrap on the TV and this is much more entertaining. Thanks all ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

FC really is in limbo at the moment because they started a big story like KT and they did it well up to about last October then its become a massively dragged out and boring joke of a story. The Plan kept them going until about now but really, even that's starting to get played out, so they don't really have any other decent storylines to keep peoples interest. Unless they have something mapped out soon because Christiano and Ray giving driving lessons isn't enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Katie storyline gone on forever! When are they going to release her? I wonder what happen to Heather. Not much going on in it really at the moment gone quiet really the only thing worth watching is the Niamh/Paul/Dermot storyline. Hasn't come of much lately but hopefully Niamh get what she wants from it. Thought she was to leave Paul and have all his money or is it his properties she after now? Be interesting what Orla and Wayne do with Dermots/Pauls money!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I'm loving seeing Wayne have the upper hand at the moment.

How ridiculous to have Farrah and Ellie just feet away from KTeee in the lock up and we're supposed to believe that KTeee can't hear them and scream for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How ridiculous to have Farrah and Ellie just feet away from KTeee in the lock up and we're supposed to believe that KTeee can't hear them and scream for help.

She can hear them. They can't hear her, whatever way that works in FC land! The room is soundproofed by some serious Andrex bog roll.....

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Lads are we willing to increase our TV licence fee to improve FC.

To many FC critics here including me.

FC in all fairness is a national treasure.

Will someone please release KT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

he aint gonna make money if he dont know the product inside and out- what was he doing the other day when the guy wanted to buy something and eoghan had to read the back of the pack, sure the bloke buying it would have been capable of doing that himself - eoghan mate, do yourself a favour your not cut out for that stall mate, go and get a job what your used to , how bout being on the switch of a taxi firm ... leave the mobile accessories sales to the experts.

When has anyone in FC ever purchased anything without reading the packaging twice over?

Cormdogg wrote: »
    When has anyone in FC ever purchased anything without reading the packaging twice over?

true - i even see Orla read the back of a tin of baked beans in christies/farrah's over 3 times once!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

monkey9 wrote: »

This sums up about every episode in the last two weeks

How does Love Hate play it if one of his birds or Ellie dying for a pee and wants to use the bog? .... does he have to move that big metal rack every time? ... "oh hiya Katie, what are you doing in here? - do you mind giving me a bit of privacy here please I cant wee with an audience" ...

• Advertisement

Can someone fill me in with what happen with LH and the ban Gárda - one minute they were all loved up and the next minute he is bonking Farrah... but i dont recall seeing him split up with yer gard wan - I must have missed those episodes. Anyway what happened, why did he split up with her?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Can someone fill me in with what happen with LH and the ban Gárda - one minute they were all loved up and the next minute he is bonking Farrah... but i dont recall seeing him split up with yer gard wan - I must have missed those episodes. Anyway what happened, why did he split up with her?

Alana the bangarda invited Ciaran for a durrrty weekend away to attend a wedding out wesht. She was best friends forever with Caoimhe that week who was an instigator in trying to reignite their "relationship". They had previously fallen out over Emmet damaging her bike when he took it for a spin and didn't let on he knew. Anyways, Ciaran declined the ultimatum as he was busy with work, being a therapist for Eoghan, holding a grudge against Emmet, casually popping into every O'Brien scene with his backpack over one shoulder and of course minding his pet KT. Caoimhe and Alana haven't been seen since.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

youwould wrote: »
    Hughie honestly seems to want nothing to do with The Pod so I'm still assuming it's Niamh giving him the money.

Re: questions about the houses:

The Pod is next to where Debbie lives
    Orla and Wayne live in the Brennan's old house which is technically owned by Niamh (she bought it from Nicola after divorce #1 from Paul).
    Niamh, Sean and siblings co-own their mother Gina's house. This house does not feature on the show.

wait is that not Gina's house where Sean , Ama and Jake live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Welcome to the thread:)

Just catching up with FC now. Jesus whats with the sexual tension between Jake and Gripey??

Jake and Christy are running a mouldy cafe now? What happened to Chilean cuisine? I thought their dream was to run a restaurant not a greasy spoon

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Jake is such a grump.
    Like he was homeless n now has somewhere to live, a girlfriend, his own business and a valid passport.
    Still walking around with a face like a slapped a*se!
    He's the Chilean version of Dan!

Scraggs wrote: »
    Alana the bangarda invited Ciaran for a durrrty weekend away to attend a wedding out wesht. She was best friends forever with Caoimhe that week who was an instigator in trying to reignite their "relationship". They had previously fallen out over Emmet damaging her bike when he took it for a spin and didn't let on he knew. Anyways, Ciaran declined the ultimatum as he was busy with work, being a therapist for Eoghan, holding a grudge against Emmet, casually popping into every O'Brien scene with his backpack over one shoulder and of course minding his pet KT. Caoimhe and Alana haven't been seen since.

Thanks, I think I get the gist of it now, - yeah havent seen Alana the Garda for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I think it's supposed to be like George's St arcade. So not an actual games thing but more like a market Hall type place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

wait is that not Gina's house where Sean , Ama and Jake live?

Nope. That house has mostly been a student/young professional type of house since the 90s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement