Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I'm watching a TV adaptation of Ruth Rendell's novel Thirteen Steps Down. Only half way through and so far I've seen Nina, Carrie Crowley and Keith the mechanic's brother Finn who used to own The Station.

youwould wrote: »
    I'm watching a TV adaptation of Ruth Rendell's novel Thirteen Steps Down. Only half way through and so far I've seen Nina, Carrie Crowley and Keith the mechanic's brother Finn who used to own The Station.

Trigger Foley also played a Chechen asylum seeker. Bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

wait is that not Gina's house where Sean , Ama and Jake live?

I thought Sean and Ama lived in Sarah's house

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Does Tommy still live in the attic of the Ballantyne? And are Renee and Bob are item in the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Jodotman

Tommy is a pimp in a brothel somewhere.

• Advertisement

Eoghan selling pound shop phone cables lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,829 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

If I need a cable I go to a pound shop - if I need a Phone case I go on ebay - Eoghan mate give it up mate , your flogging a dead horse...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

monkey9 wrote: »
    The victim would be laying on the floor with blood pouring from a bullet wound and Paul holding a smoking gun and Hughie would just say 'Paul, i think you should leave and calm down'.

Next day, Paul saunters in, throws down a twenty onto the counter and says 'Pint please, Hughie. Look, about yesterday. Sorry about murdering that man. It's just that, with all the stuff going on with me money and not being able to find a buyer, i just lost the head a bit, ya know"

Hughie: "We'll say no more about it, just don't let it happen again. I don't need to be spending time mopping up blood."

Paul: "Bring the pint down to me will you."

Hughie leans on the bar and says to Niamh "You need to end this now. You've got what you wanted. He's murdering people now."

Niamh with a smirk "This is over when i say it's over. And that's Valentine's Day for dramatic effect"

Hughie: "What's happened to you, Niamh". Then he walks off into the back room without pouring the pint because why would he, it's only a pub.

This scene has happened so many times! You have it down to a tee! All you are missing is Wayne sitting 5 metres away, on a bar stool, cradling a pint propped up by Orla, Greasy and Caddle and makes a smart comment, the Don turns around, puts on that intimidating snipey voice of his and says something along the line of "always be a loser".

How has Chile bros got a business up and running, one had no passport and other here on holiday?

• Advertisement

How has Chile bros got a business up and running, one had no passport and other here on holiday?

one was also living in a shelter and on the run from a criminal gang a few weeks back. Jake is a miserable character and now that he is stuck with Ama, he will be on the verge of a serial killer in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

so from the spoilers next week (week of the 14th) it looks like groundhog day.... Dermot, Jane & Ben are preparing to leave the country with the help of Robbie but Dermots health takes a few bad turns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

so from the spoilers next week (week of the 14th) it looks like groundhog day.... Dermot, Jane & Ben are preparing to leave the country with the help of Robbie but Dermots health takes a few bad turns.

Has Dermot been reported to the police for (supposedly) stealing €800k? Strange that we have seen no signs of a police investigation and that Niamh seems relaxed about the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

monkey9 wrote: »
    The victim would be laying on the floor with blood pouring from a bullet wound and Paul holding a smoking gun and Hughie would just say 'Paul, i think you should leave and calm down'.

Next day, Paul saunters in, throws down a twenty onto the counter and says 'Pint please, Hughie. Look, about yesterday. Sorry about murdering that man. It's just that, with all the stuff going on with me money and not being able to find a buyer, i just lost the head a bit, ya know"

Hughie: "We'll say no more about it, just don't let it happen again. I don't need to be spending time mopping up blood."

Paul: "Bring the pint down to me will you."

Hughie leans on the bar and says to Niamh "You need to end this now. You've got what you wanted. He's murdering people now."

Niamh with a smirk "This is over when i say it's over. And that's Valentine's Day for dramatic effect"

Hughie: "What's happened to you, Niamh". Then he walks off into the back room without pouring the pint because why would he, it's only a pub.

Brilliant :D

There is no evidence that the gardai are conducting any kind of investigation, they haven't called to his house or office to seize documents, laptops, harddrives etc

I'd like if Wayne let slip to Paul that Dermot was in one of Carol's cars so to implicate her and Robbie

Has that gobshįte Wayne forgotten that he owes his ma 1 million Euro ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Think he's paying a fiver or a tenner a week off. So I think we're talking €999,000 there or thereabouts, give or take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

youwould wrote: »

I thought Sean legged it from Carrickstown years ago??
    Or has he been hiding with KT?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That's one thing I love/hate about FC. A character can go 'missing' for month's on end with no explanation.
    It's like character/plot rotation. Jeez Paul and Purple Coat are due at least six month's off now..

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭threetrees

Gripeys stall was like a Punch and Judy show. Both in the pathetic flimsy set and the silly row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Who ever is paying rent on that stall in the "Arcade" and paying Gripey can't be doing to well. Sure Jane seems to have packed in her job in McCoys could be a few shifts for Eoghan. The only criteria for employment for any character in FC is that they're within walking distance from their gaff

Why has Paul made little or no attempt to find Dermot? He knows Jane is involved. He could bother to park up outside his gaff where inecplixably to him Jane is now living. He would have never seen Jane and Derms together before she popped up in the hopspital weeping at his bed side.

When the fook are we going to see Big John Deegan on the case?

I actually thought a few weeks ago FC was peaking in tge rediculous stake but it is actually getting more bizzare.This weeks filler stories will be more batsh*t than last weeks. What can we expect from Christy and Gripey. I think we're are gaurantee'd a good Gripey Rage melt down.

Will Zoe get mentioned once? It's funny when without any reason we don't see a character for weeks (Decco, Sean, Cass etc) but even funnier when they write them out. If they could only handle writing one of Dermotts kids into the storyline why not keep Zoe in Ireland and plausibly ship Ben back to the USA.

Is Zoe gone 90 days yet? Did Zoe get a compas? Should be about a tenner left in it by the time she's 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Caffeine addiction is understandable in Carraigstown :

Number of establishments that serve coffee :
    1 McCoys
    2 Hungry Pig
    3 Bistro
    4 Spar
    5 The Station
    6 The Salon while you are having your hair done
    7 Brewsers
    8 Carraigstown General

Number of regular residences :
    1 Paul and Niamhs
    2 Bellas
    3 Gripeys
    4 Love hates
    5 Seans/Amas
    6 Rennes/Bob's
    7 Damo / Caoimhe's
    8 Laura/ Hayley
    9 Robbie/Carols
    10 Decco/Kerry Annes

Says it all really !! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,120 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why has Paul made little or no attempt to find Dermot? He knows Jane is involved. He could bother to park up outside his gaff where inecplixably to him Jane is now living. He would have never seen Jane and Derms together before she popped up in the hopspital weeping at his bed side.

When the fook are we going to see Big John Deegan on the case?

I actually thought a few weeks ago FC was peaking in tge rediculous stake but it is actually getting more bizzare.This weeks filler stories will be more batsh*t than last weeks. What can we expect from Christy and Gripey. I think we're are gaurantee'd a good Gripey Rage melt down.

Will Zoe get mentioned once? It's funny when without any reason we don't see a character for weeks (Decco, Sean, Cass etc) but even funnier when they write them out. If they could only handle writing one of Dermotts kids into the storyline why not keep Zoe in Ireland and plausibly ship Ben back to the USA.

There are a lot of holes in the storyline. Every time Paul tried to bring in a new accountant, Niamh blocked him and insisted he stay with Dermot. That alone should make him suspicious.

What they've done with Zoe is a bit bizarre, it's almost as if she has ceased to exist. i think they were so busy with the Plan nonsense that they couldn't even bother to think of an explanation as to why she would be missing for six or seven weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

desbrook wrote: »
    Caffeine addiction is understandable in Carraigstown :

Number of establishments that serve coffee :
    1 McCoys
    2 Hungry Pig
    3 Bistro
    4 Spar
    5 The Station
    6 The Salon while you are having your hair done
    7 Brewsers
    8 Carraigstown General

Number of regular residences :
    1 Paul and Niamhs
    2 Bellas
    3 Gripeys
    4 Love hates
    5 Seans/Amas
    6 Rennes/Bob's
    7 Damo / Caoimhe's
    8 Laura/ Hayley
    9 Robbie/Carols
    10 Decco/Kerry Annes

Says it all really !! :D

Number of Carrigstown houses that serve coffee? Fcuk all it seems.

He needs to save for art college for Jnr now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You know who we need, to bring back a dose of reality? Robert Charles's brother.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    You know who we need, to bring back a dose of reality? Robert Charles's brother.

I think we have established that Bob doesn't exist and is merely a figment of Renees imagination.

"Bob is gone and he is not coming back "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement