Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

is there any way Katie could nick love hates phone when they hug one another . . she should practice a few more hugs, he probably has it in his back pocket.

Christ writers we are giving you loads of ideas for Katie to escape . . please please pick something soon and end this for once and for all

She could but of course it would never occur too her too do it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I'd love to be in the writers meeting where they decided Christy interrupting Eoghan at his stall and Jake scolding him like a naughty child four times an episode was a runner. What storylines are they rejecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

She could but of course it would never occur too her too do it :rolleyes:

she would want a TV in there where she could watch reruns of McGuiver

She could but of course it would never occur too her too do it

She should throw a bit of the leftover mouldy bread from the Cobh trip at him to knock him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Even if Dermot tricked Paul into remortgaging one of his propertys and he_still owed money on all his propertys. He has all his units let out so he has rent coming in to pay the mortgage. It hasnt been a month even. It'd be years before any bank came looking for the keys. He also has cash coming in from the Garage, Pod & Carrolls Cabs! Some business man. Does he know he could take a mortgae out against the Pod. He doesn't have to sell it off. This is a guy who claimed to have made 2 mill in a year. Any bank would back him.

But.......all this is neither here nor there. Last week the problem was that they couldn't afford to progress with the Speak Easy. That was the height of his worries. This week his talking about losing the garage. Keep up writers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

hughie summed it up tonight when he was talking to Callum about the plan ."I'm sick of talking about it" delivered very convincingly. the actor must be really fed up of it himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Niamh to Hughie "Hes going down". CUT. REPEAT. AGAIN AND AGAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I'm confused about why Paul needs to sell any of his businesses, wasn't the 800k just petty cash anyway. :confused:

I think he had taken out a big loan for the Speakeasy which isn't going ahead.

So he doesn't need the loan now.

But he still has to pay it back.

Where is the money he borrowed then??

Is it included in what was stolen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Every night I can hardly wait for FC to finish so I can come here and read the comments. Hand on heart, I could not and would not watch FC if it wasn't for the laughs in this thread. Ye're all hilarious.

Poor KTeeee, squeaky clean hair, lovely scent of Spar blueberry shower gel...and for what? Another frigging 29 months in the lock-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So Ellie is allowed to travel from the house to the shop unattended, but Ben who is older can't go anywhere without Jane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭threetrees

More circles for us to go round and round in. The scriptwriters are just doing a "copy and paste" (again).

Brewsers...There was me thinking it was Bruisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

nagdefy wrote: »
    And her befuddled looking sidekick Clar.

Wonder what his first name is Clarence? It's up there with some of the better Fair City names like Virgil, Thaddeaus, Sylvester Galligan with the 1910s moustaches and others i can't think of at the moment.

Bela. (Ignatius)

Galapagos with David Attenborough is on Sky Two at the moment. I'm keeping an eye out for Zoe on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sick of this soap. It's the only one that's going nowhere.
    They're dragging weeks out of non stories going nowhere.

Niamh leaving Paul, Niamh leaving Paul, Niamh leaving Paul. But yet, here we are.
    Paul's selling assets, Paul's not selling assets, Paul is selling assets.
    Dermots dying, dermots not dying, dermots dying, not dying, running away, giving money back, keeping money, running away but yet - he's skulking g around his house with a hoodie.
    Katy's being released, then she's not, then she is, them she's not.
    Ciaran's leaving, then he's not.
    But the most infuriating part is orla and Wayne. Keep the money, don't keep the money, keep some of it, don't keep some, give it back and ask for a reward, keep it.

Ffs, every single story they have it's the same crap. You could watch it once a week and it would still be the same running g around in circles will they/won't they? I'm done with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We probably won't see that dweeb Dermish now at all this week and all along he's right under paulino's nose stuck in his house LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I can't quote any posts 'cause I'm only a young wan (newbie)...and boards won't allow me yet. But keep up the great work lads.

Can you just imagine the laughs when Ama and Jake are having a night of passion together? The two most miserable creatures in FC. They make Roy Cropper look cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Sick of this soap. It's the only one that's going nowhere.
    They're dragging weeks out of non stories going nowhere.

Niamh leaving Paul, Niamh leaving Paul, Niamh leaving Paul. But yet, here we are.
    Paul's selling assets, Paul's not selling assets, Paul is selling assets.
    Dermots dying, dermots not dying, dermots dying, not dying, running away, giving money back, keeping money, running away but yet - he's skulking g around his house with a hoodie.
    Katy's being released, then she's not, then she is, them she's not.
    Ciaran's leaving, then he's not.
    But the most infuriating part is orla and Wayne. Keep the money, don't keep the money, keep some of it, don't keep some, give it back and ask for a reward, keep it.

Ffs, every single story they have it's the same crap. You could watch it once a week and it would still be the same running g around in circles will they/won't they? I'm done with it.

I just pissed myself laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thought Wayne swapped the padding of his jacket for the cash.

Jake are having a night of passion together? The two most miserable creatures in FC. They make Roy Cropper look cheerful.

The three amigo's in the Arcade ehhh......some arcade you could barely swing a cat in there I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I want to see Paul catch Moriarty up by the throat again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I can't quote any posts 'cause I'm only a young wan (newbie)...and boards won't allow me yet. But keep up the great work lads.

Can you just imagine the laughs when Ama and Jake are having a night of passion together? The two most miserable creatures in FC. They make Roy Cropper look cheerful.

They are both reprehensible characters particularly Ama. I'm not sure the writers have done this intentionally - it's just ignorance. The finally straw came during the lastest Header story. "I might lose my job" she moaned to Farrah. Any decent writer would have Farrah reply "and my niece might lose her life" but no.

The first rule of being a Healthcare Professional is to put the patient's welfare ahead of your own ... not our Ama :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Can someone remind me ... again... what age Ellie is supposed to be ?? FFS :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

My Dream: A question and answer session with even ONE of the Fair City 45. The questions I would ask. I would spend an hour with Binjumin and Ellie just to have that opportunity.

Where is the police for the investigation? and as for Eoghan & the gay guy they are so gonna get it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Where is the police for the investigation? and as for Eoghan & the gay guy they are so gonna get it on

Wasn't Eoghan 'slightly' homophobic when KT came out. It would be some u-turn:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ok embarrassing question..
    Why are the O Briens the Gripeys??
    What am I not getting?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Something new happened tonight! Paul forgot to freek out in McCoy's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What am I not getting?

Debbie wears a lot of stripey attire (shirts/t -shirts, dressing gowns)

Just google Debbie: Fair City and you will see the frequency, it was more pertinent at the start, she had about 3 or 4 clothing items and all had stripes.

As for Eoghan, he needed a nickname and due to his constant misery guts face, and passive aggressiveness (again more pertinent when he first joined), Gripey seemed accomodating.

So, together, they are the Ripeys.

fair201511231944705.jpg

17780_54_pages_05_8919_588x448.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

What am I not getting?

Eoghan was constantly moaning (like most of the FC cast) at trivialities, especially during his first year or so on the show before KT went missing. Then he had serious things to gripe about.

Debbie wore a lot of stripey shirts, i'll leave it to The Talking Bread to provide pics:) So between Stripey and Gripey the family and mostly Debbie and Eoghan became known as 'The Ripeys'. There son Michael was always mumbling under his breath and had a dozey countenance. He became known as Mumbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I can't quote any posts 'cause I'm only a young wan (newbie)...[and boards won't allow me yet. But keep up the great work lads.

Welcome Bubbles! You'll like it here.....not a lot, but you'll like it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement