Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Started seeing for the first time as a family member is incapacitated.

We can't make head nor tail of the solitary confinement storyline!

Who are these people relative to the other characters? WTF is it about?

Cheers!

The thread welcoming party had to have a mass...little lie down after this evenings show. A more enlightened contributer than myself should be along shortly a give a brief rundown of all characters for your perusal. Only a short time here meself but a longtine viewer of the show. Welcome Mrs. Shuttleworth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm more confused after watching that pile of ****e tonight, do Paul and Neimh even know the house that Orla and Wayne Anderson are renting is being sold? :confused: I thought it was only one asset Paul had to sell off?.. It seems like he's going to lose everything.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Just watching a bit of East Enders, not fair to compare like for like. But every single character has depth, a researched back story, a personality you can read. An A to B story arc. Basic character structure costs nothing. FC writers are soooo lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'm more confused after watching that pile of ****e tonight, do Paul and Neimh even know the house that Orla and Wayne Anderson are renting is being sold? :confused: I thought it was only one asset Paul had to sell off?.. It seems like he's going to lose everything.. :confused:

What are Pauls loans for ???? Was this pile of money that was lying in the bank ready to be easily pilfered just used paying off these loans ?
    If he was such a good business man why arent his businesses supporting themselves and servicing the loans ?
    Why hasnt he asked Niamh about the "rainy day fund " to keep them going that she had a few years ago ?
    Maybe its a good thing but no tv show has ever made me question things as much before:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did Niamh forget the €20 budget a day thing?

• Advertisement

Why do the people of Carraigstown treat every private business like their front room and conduct uninterupted family business?

Did I miss an episode where Paul wrong Greasey? Why gas he any even perceived animosity towards the Don?

If he needs dodgy deals why not get on to Decco?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,340 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Really, there's nothing left to say about the Plan. It's just way way way OTT ridiculous to comment on... I really think the writers decided to make it that bad...you could't create such nonsense without thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Bullocks wrote: »
    What are Pauls loans for ???? Was this pile of money that was lying in the bank ready to be easily pilfered just used paying off these loans ?
    If he was such a good business man why arent his businesses supporting themselves and servicing the loans ?
    Why hasnt he asked Niamh about the "rainy day fund " to keep them going that she had a few years ago ?
    Maybe its a good thing but no tv show has ever made me question things as much before:D

And why doesn't he just go to work instead of hanging around his house, Vinos, McCoys and The Hungry Pig. He puts on his suit and big black overcoat and then forgets to go somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Just watching a bit of East Enders, not fair to compare like for like. But every single character has depth, a researched back story, a personality you can read. An A to B story arc. Basic character structure costs nothing. FC writers are soooo lazy.

As Boards.ie would say - Now you're talkin! Despite soaps being Swiss Cheese TV, at least Eastenders tries very hard to piece everything together. Best soap on TV in terms of storylines, production values and acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,770 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Farrah is still married to Max or did I miss their divorce :confused:

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Farrah is still married to Max or did I miss their divorce :confused:

Farrah probably clicked enter and then she was divorced!

Paul is the one who worked hard and made smart decisions to get to where he is. Dermot is the thief. Why is everyone against him???

How would 800k ruin a man like Paul?? I know couples in their mid 30's earning 70k between them who are 600k in debt on properties they bought in the boom. Barely paying off the mortgage interest and no banks are looking for the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Did your one in the arcade tell eoin to throw in a free charger with every phone case he sells? Or did I imagine that?
    Surely the charger would be more expensive than a plastic case?

And why doesn't he just go to work instead of hanging around his house, Vinos, McCoys and The Hungry Pig. He puts on his suit and big black overcoat and then forgets to go somewhere.

A big long coat and he never out in the weather :D You would think they could show him woking in the garage once in awhile .
    Considering he supposedly sells cars from the garage why doesnt he have a decent office there instead off mooching around that office with every self employed person in Carrickstown ?

WTF is Doug trying to do with his hair ? Looks like Jennifer Hudson from the voice

Paul is the one who worked hard and made smart decisions to get to where he is. Dermot is the thief. Why is everyone against him???

Cos he is a twonk :D Did he really work hard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

laylag wrote: »
    Did your one in the arcade tell eoin to throw in a free charger with every phone case he sells? Or did I imagine that?

She said a free phone charm. A bit of tat really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Bullocks wrote: »
    A big long coat and he never out in the weather :D You would think they could show him woking in the garage once in awhile .
    Considering he supposedly sells cars from the garage why doesnt he have a decent office there instead off mooching around that office with every self employed person in Carrickstown ?

Shh! The garage hasn't been seen for 4 months. He just didn't notice yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

How would 800k ruin a man like Paul?? I know couples in their mid 30's earning 70k between them who are 600k in debt on properties they bought in the boom. Barely paying off the mortgage interest and no banks are looking for the keys.

The rest of the money is in the bank accounts for Zoe and Ben. The locket with the code on it is the bank account number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Jebus on a bike, my brain is fried after tonight's episode. It was like the magic roundabout, Niamh at the bar...Niamh sitting down, Paul at the bar...Paul sitting down...Niamh at the bar and vice versa X 100.
    And Hughie, as usual, floating around like a plastic bag on a windy day.

Who's renting units in the Market Place? Is that where Niamh, Dermot, Hayley and the M.I.A Decco share the office? Is that where the Credit Union is based?

Are Dermot, Jane and Ben still hiding in Dermot's house? How are they coping for a bit of grub? They're 'on the run' so they can't exactly order burgers and chips from the 'Pig.

So many questions...so little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

laylag wrote: »

these phone cases are they universal then because your man said he'd buy 3 but didnt even check what phone they'd fit or wasnt even concerned .... and bloody 6 quid for a selfie stick!?!

• Advertisement

im glad eoghin (owen) went out with that woman for a drink, for a moment I thought the writers were gonna take him down the road of turning him gay and going out with that chilé one ... not that I think there is anything wrong with people being gay like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Where was that where Paul was when he hurt his hand?

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Where was that where Paul was when he hurt his hand?

His office in the Market Place!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

His office in the Market Place!

And why did he have to break in to his own office! It's all so bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

Sparko wrote: »
    And why did he have to break in to his own office! It's all so bizarre.

why ,,,, for drama of course?! I just coudnt believe it. The way he kicked that door in.. what next :D:D:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I thought he was going to set the place on fire for the insurance.

aint paul supposed to have a dicky heart - surely with all this stress by now all this would have given him a heart attack , and no-one, like his kids or wife are telling him to calm down much ... I am no physician but surely he would have had a (another) massive coronary by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

aint paul supposed to have a dicky heart - surely with all this stress by now all this would have given him a heart attack , and no-one, like his kids or wife are telling him to calm down much ... I am no physician but surely he would have had a (another) massive coronary by now?

no waiting lists in fair city land for a new heart - no need to worry at all

I guarantee Paul will end up in hospital. (Bad ticker) They'll get their monies worth out of that set!

Yet again, how could Paul be ruined. He got that 800k to pay for the speakeasy. Either way that money would be gone on costs. It would be years before the speakeasy made a return. The guy still has several earning businesses, rental properties and a couple of gaffs him and Niamh own straight up!

He's really falling at the first hurdle! Most successful business go broke before the make it big!

Christ on a bike will we endure Hughie telling Niamh "look what you've done, look what you've become" a 30th time next week??

It's not even funny anymore :(

Big question. Has Niamh not given Paul the ride since she found out he was bangin Hayley 3 months ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

Can someone clarify where Niamh's/Dermot's/Hayley's/Mondo's/Decco's office is? I don't think its in market place as I can remember it for a good few years when Orla was a cleaner there (correct me if I'm wrong) and the market place was redeveloped recently enough after a fire broke out. Also, I have never seen this new office by Paul before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement