Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jebus on a bike, my brain is fried after tonight's episode. It was like the magic roundabout, Niamh at the bar...Niamh sitting down, Paul at the bar...Paul sitting down...Niamh at the bar and vice versa X 100.
    And Hughie, as usual, floating around like a plastic bag on a windy day.

Who's renting units in the Market Place? Is that where Niamh, Dermot, Hayley and the M.I.A Decco share the office? Is that where the Credit Union is based?

Are Dermot, Jane and Ben still hiding in Dermot's house? How are they coping for a bit of grub? They're 'on the run' so they can't exactly order burgers and chips from the 'Pig.

So many questions...so little time.

They must cabin fever at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Why arent the cops all around dermots house? - I know they , themselves said it will be the last place the Gard's would suspect they were there ... but still - very far fetched!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

His office in the Market Place!

I thought he worked out of the garage

Is the market place where Niamh, Decco, Dermot and Hayley also worked out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I actually kind of feel sorry for Paul even though I hate him for the way he treats Wayne, does committing adultery really deserve all this, I think what Niamh is doing is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

this is so cruel, so now Paul feels suicidal, good job Niamh.

• Advertisement

Those iPhone cables and selfie sticks Eoghan is selling are only 1.50 each in dealz lol sure my boyfriend both one for the holiday the other day ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

walshb wrote: »
    Really, there's nothing left to say about the Plan. It's just way way way OTT ridiculous to comment on... I really think the writers decided to make it that bad...you could't create such nonsense without thought.

I think the whole idea of The Plan was simply to fuel six months worth of FC storylines by involving half the cast in it.

They've screwed up though by letting it dominate the show for months and with no other major storyline bar the Ciaran - Katy one going on. It really has descended into a confusing mess, with many plot holes and contradictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Guys, relax relax. There's always a silver lining. It looks like we'll get our Valentine episode afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Was that Dermot's desk he smashed the photograph on ? Very weird scene.

When he burst out the pub door and the camera was panning up and down the street I thought he was going to see Dermish closing curtains on one of the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

As someone has previously mentioned the Photo Frame was already cracked before Paul hit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Why arent the cops all around dermots house? - I know they , themselves said it will be the last place the Gard's would suspect they were there ... but still - very far fetched!

The last place ? Surely it's the first place they would go to , to look for him or for clues.

Surely Jane would of referenced if the guards had called while dermish was away.

Obviously all the resources for the public sector are in the hospital in carrigstown , (no waiting lists there , must be simon harris' pride and joy) the poor guards don't even have the resources to call to dermish's house.

Paul should reconsider who he votes for in the next general election

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I missed the latest from FC last night; how many phone covers did Gripey sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why didn't Neimh ask Paul what happened his hand, she just casually looked at it. ... Then took him by the arm and said "we'll start again, come on" .

So is that the end of the Plan storyline, are they just going to leave it there and move onto another storyline and come back to it in 3 months time. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The last place ? Surely it's the first place they would go to , to look for him or for clues.

Dermot should hide out in the pod cause Paul or Oisin haven't been there in months. Worked well with Denzo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

bazermc wrote: »
    I missed the latest from FC last night; how many phone covers did Gripey sell?

none but that's OK . . he exceeded his monthly target the night before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Another question that hasn't been answered is whether or not the state has suspended the payments of almost €400 per week to Dermot for fostering Zoe ?

Could they not have made the Greasy-Paulio exchange a little more believable? Meet in pub, Paulio asks for rough justice, as usual the refusal, ten seconds later Greasy is on board, and by the end of the episode it's over. "I can't find him." Leading to a pile of horse**** nonsense from both of them." Maybe a couple of episodes searching and digging even?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,775 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul should now ask Cathal to find Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Paul is never going to find out that Niamh was behind it too is he??? :(

Paul is never going to find out that Niamh was behind it too is he??? :(

Knowing FC he will find out, and guess what? Yes, he will devise his plan to ruin her. Pretty much the exact same but exact opposite of Niamh's plan.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

walshb wrote:
    Knowing FC he will find out, and guess what? Yes, he will devise his plan to ruin her. Pretty much the exact same but exact opposite of Niamh's plan.

He'll rob her coat and hide it.

Cazale wrote: »
    He'll rob her coat and hide it.

No, it will be a case of "You runied my Valentines, so I have ruined your Easter Sunday." And it will swap over and swap over. Niamh to ruin May BH and Paulio June BH all the way till xmas 2017! The most pathetic couple ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Last night Robbie said that Dermot had 'most of the money left'... lets break that down:

He stole 400k, paid 100k for passports, lost 80k... and paid another chunk to the man in the van. So I guess he might have 200k left?

His house alone... if he had died the mortgage would have been covered by his life assurance and must be worth at least 400k.

So as it stands, he is going on the run.. leaving behind all his assets with just 200k in cash. I guess he should be looking at Africa or Asia to get the best value for that 200k

Is Dermot even concerned he lost 80K?

Is Dermot even concerned he lost 80K?

Dermish has too much on his mind to be thinking about 80 k. His foster daughter still hasn't returned from the Galapagos for chrissake. Not even a phone call. He must be going spare with the worry......oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

walshb wrote: »
    Could they not have made the Greasy-Paulio exchange a little more believable? Meet in pub, Paulio asks for rough justice, as usual the refusal, ten seconds later Greasy is on board, and by the end of the episode it's over. "I can't find him." Leading to a pile of horse**** nonsense from both of them." Maybe a couple of episodes searching and digging even?

How hard did Greasy look? He "gave up" looking 10 minutes after the Don sent him on his mission. You'd feel like shouting at the TV - "he's behind you!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,881 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There are too many ridiculous elements going on at the same time. Wayne finds 80k of the money in the back of a car. Decides to invest 10k of it almost immediately in a scam and loses it all to a conman 24 hours later. It's just dozens of sensational plot devices thrown together into the same storyline.

It's almost as if the writers are toying with the audience and seeing if they can get away with the most ludicrous FC storyline ever,

Strazdas wrote: »
    There are too many ridiculous elements going on at the same time. Wayne finds 80k of the money in the back of a car. Decides to invest 10k of it almost immediately in a scam and loses it all to a conman 24 hours later. It's just dozens of sensational plot devices thrown together into the same storyline.

And invests it with Doug, a dude that he has derided non stop about being a mug!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

What did Wayne do to lose 10k ffs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

JoeA3 wrote: »
    What did Wayne do to lose 10k ffs?

He bought a car on the Naas road!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement