Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Ho-lee-sh*t. What poor derranged sould runs the Fair City Fan Twitter? No wonder_all the actors and writers think they're hot sh*t!

Omg :eek: who are these deluded tweeters :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where's Rose, Ray, Emmet and Ray gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So Jane is off to disappear? Is she not going to miss her son Callum?

As I mentioned I have Niamh's coat. Also reporter on RTE news had on last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

Where's Rose, Ray, Emmet and Ray gone?
    Well last night we saw Pete, Dolores, Charlotte, Dean, Damian, Caoimhe and the pram for the first time in 3 months so I suspect Rose, Emmet and Ray x2 are due to clock in any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

The pretty small amount of money involved is another ridiculous aspect of the plan storyline, Dermot wants to spend the rest of his life as a fugitive for 300k ? (now down to 220k after losing 80k in car) like seriously ? The writers could at least have written in a couple of million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The pretty small amount of money involved is another ridiculous aspect of the plan storyline, Dermot wants to spend the rest of his life as a fugitive for 300k ? (now down to 220k after losing 80k in car) like seriously ? The writers could at least have written in a couple of million.

Yes, and also the idea that losing 800k could "ruin" Paul. It could if he had only one business and one house, but he has numerous businesses and properties on the go, all of which are generating money.

Also, has Ben conveniently recovered from his ailments? There's not a mention of his health or needing any follow up treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

How long you reckon before Hughie has keys to the Pod? Signed, sealed, contracts the lot? Tuesday's episode or Wednesday's?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

We need another button for Coolhull's posts. The 'like' icon is just not enough for such magnificent contributions to this forum. I salute you Coolhull, ya legend !

walshb wrote: »
    How long you reckon before Hughie has keys to the Pod? Signed, sealed, contracts the lot? Tuesday's episode or Wednesday's?

How much will Paul end up selling for is my main question. It will probably end up being a joke of a price!

There's a twist coming though apparently :
    A new bidder comes in with a higher offer than Hughie's, much to Niamh's chagrin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I reckon Wednesday, there's no need for surveys or loan approval or any such nonsense. He won't even have to call to the solicitor's office - The FC solicitors do house calls, even on Sundays !

Strazdas wrote: »
    A new bidder comes in with a higher offer than Hughie's, much to Niamh's chagrin

I flicked through TV Now and I think it said,
    Paul sells to Hughie for a good price for Oisin to keep his job. When Paul finds out Oisin was in with Hughie he kicks him out of hime and then Hughie tells Oisin theirs no job for him

jos28 wrote: »
    I reckon Wednesday, there's no need for surveys or loan approval or any such nonsense. He won't even have to call to the solicitor's office - The FC solicitors do house calls, even on Sundays !

No Hughie will just have to press Enter and The Pod will be his!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ruthie counts what's in her piggy bank and saves the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Nicola comes back next week to demand Paul re-instate her payments after hes advised to cut them to save money. She threatens Niamh that she will tell Paul that Niamh was about to leave him but she sweet talks Paul around and Nicola is left rejected. Nicola is also angry that Oisin has been thrown out on to the street. Jane changes her mind at the last minute and decides not to leave.

Nicola comes back next week to demand Paul re-instate her payments after hes advised to cut them to save money. She threatens Niamh that she will tell Paul that Niamh was about to leave him but she sweet talks Paul around and Nicola is left rejected. Nicola is also angry that Oisin has been thrown out on to the street. Jane changes her mind at the last minute and decides not to leave.

They seem to be dragging about six months worth of storylines out of this Plan thing (and it's quite incredulous that not one person would have tipped Paul off by now).

They seem to be dragging about six months worth of storylines out of this Plan thing (and it's quite incredulous that not one person would have tipped Paul off by now).

Yeah. Each week I check to see if Niamh has left Paul yet, like she said she would dozens of times. Each time it doesn't happen! And no mention of Katy either, I'm willing to bet, it being May in a few months, they they will drag it out for the whole year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Walshb like most of us was hoping for some resolution on Valentine's that doesn't look like happening.

Was it last Wednesday's show Niamh said she was leaving tomorrow. Come Thursday not a word. Now that's really poor script writing. about 3 weeks ago all the talk was about Niamh delivering the coup de grace on Valentine's Day.Over the last week not a word. That's infuriating script writing, they are treating us like fools at this stage. Generally in any soap when you have a high point ending the next episode follows on from that ending. But not FC, you could draw something akin to a family tree with all the branches the stolen €800,000 has gone through.

nagdefy wrote: »
    Walshb like most of us was hoping for some resolution on Valentine's that doesn't look like happening.

Was it last Wednesday's show Niamh said she was leaving tomorrow. Come Thursday not a word. Now that's really poor script writing. about 3 weeks ago all the talk was about Niamh delivering the coup de grace on Valentine's Day.Over the last week not a word. That's infuriating script writing, they are treating us like fools at this stage. Generally in any soap when you have a high point ending the next episode follows on from that ending. But not FC, you could draw something akin to a family tree with all the branches the stolen €800,000 has gone through.

In the end its the small things that will topple you...

I agree with you on the Valentines so-called promise not being delivered. But really the whole Zoe vanishing act is the single most atrocious mistake in all this confusing mess. Even if The Plan was a gripping and accurately delivered story arc (yeah right!) it is still inexcusable what they did to Zoe. If the girl couldn't play the role anymore then they could have at least mentioned it in the show somehow but really, she went on a holiday last December for 2 weeks and there hasn't been a peep out of her since.

How does she have enough money?

Surely her time spent on holiday is well over by now?

She only has her sister who she hasn't seen for yonks as company??

How come nobody has contacted her over her Dad dying and needing a transplant?

Ben and Dermot haven't ONCE mentioned her.

As I said, the small things...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I think I missed where the 400k figure came from. I thought the millions was in the bank account that Ben has the numbers for on the stopwatch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They took 800k out of his account and split it between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Why did they not up the ante to over a million? What was holding them back? How could 800k put a dent in the riches of a man making 2mill a year with various assets and profit making business's? If you could prove that earning any bank would lend you a few quid. And why oh why would he sell a property when he could remortgage them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Omg :eek: who are these deluded tweeters :confused:

HAS to be FC writers/actors!

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why did they not up the ante to over a million? What was holding them back? How could 800k put a dent in the riches of a man making 2mill a year with various assets and profit making business's? If you could prove that earning any bank would lend you a few quid. And why oh why would he sell a property when he could remortgage them?

I'm guessing that a wealthy businessman and property owner like Paul would have many millions in his bank account. But the idea that someone could steal all of this with a click of a mouse on a computer screen is too far fetched a storyline even for the FC sciptwriters, they know they would be laughed out of it, so they had to come up with him having a paltry 800k in his account instead to make it work.

I'm guessing that a wealthy businessman and property owner like Paul would have many millions in his bank account. But the idea that someone could steal all of this with a click of a mouse on a computer screen is too far fetched a storyline even for the FC sciptwriters, they know they would be laughed out of it, so they had to come up with him having a paltry 800k in his account instead to make it work.

A few years ago Wayne stole €1,000,000 off Dolores.(I think) with the click of a button!

I think you are wrong. Dermot took 800k out of the account to do him for his get away thats all and gave 400k to niamh. The rest of the money is in the pocketwatch bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Niamh/Dermot got Paul to remortgage everything to finance the speakeasy. So he must've stashed some for the kids or the figure of 800k is just stupid.

Having said that, if Paul went ahead with the speakeasy it wouldn't be earning anything for quite sometime and so I've no idea how Paul is having to sell up already.

It was said in one of the tweets about a great episode of fair city written by a certain person. If each writer does an episode how could you get a coherent story? Especially with 45 people involved. How many writers do other soaps have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I think you are wrong. Dermot took 800k out of the account to do him for his get away thats all and gave 400k to niamh. The rest of the money is in the pocketwatch bank account.

No 800k was the grand total

No 800k was the grand total
    I'm going to rewatch the episodes in the hospital. I would bet my house on it dermot said he was taking 800k out for passport and to travel and then decided to give niamh 400k. I have been reading these posts in confusion about the 800k being total as I'm absolutely sure he said that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Tuesday February 14th
    Paul is on the brink of a deal that could save his finances, and Oisin realises he is perfectly poised to ruin things. Meanwhile, Orla and Wayne resolve to enjoy Valentine's Day.

Wednesday February 15th
    Orla stuns Wayne when she reveals what she plans to do with their ill-gotten fortune. Niamh relishes Paul's further ruin, and Dermot's problems only get worse.

Thursday February 15th
    Niamh manipulates Paul into discovering Oisin's treachery, and Callum must decide whether to either help Paul restore his fortune, or let Dermot and Ben start a new life together.

Sunday February 19th
    Wayne comes up with a plan to buy the garagge but will Pete agree to get involved? Paul is advised to cut his payments to Nicola but things go from bad to worse when she shows up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement