Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Soother? Who the hell calls it a soother?

What would you call it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It must be Hughie's other personality that has the money to buy the Pod because good guy Hughie was broke

Nice to see Callum has developed somewhat of a Dublin accent.

The writers couldn't tie two scenes together tonight. Scene 1 Dolly gives Wayne a loan, they try to hide it from Not Jennifer Aniston. Scene 2 she comes in and thanks Dolly for the loan.

Why the hell was Jane's fellah in the community centre?

I wouldn't walk Dollyer at night at the best of times let alone early February

Scene fail part 2. Caoimhe goes to the cash and carry, 5 min later she is in Spar getting bread

• Advertisement

The slower pace of tonights episode is actually refreshing. They should let the actors take a breath every so often. For one second there they actually created some atmosphere on that park bench

Is Wayne suggesting that under new "money laundering legislation" banks are investigating every mortgage deposit they receive!!!!!! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

So the confusing plan now means Oisin sends false accounts to a bidder (has he become a qualified account all of a sudden....How.....How can he even have become a capable one?). And he manipulated the figures to make it look like it's been running at an increasing loss over several years....and it doesn't even occur to him that the bidder will give this as a reason to Paul for pulling out of the purchase and he'll be found out. And what is it they're trying to sell again? I know it's called "The Pod" but what exactly is that and how can it have operating accounts spanning several years.

So confused! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Cormdogg wrote: »
    The slower pace of tonights episode is actually refreshing. They should let the actors take a breath every so often. For one second there they actually created some atmosphere on that park bench

I know we're probably now watching scenes filmed around Christmas time.....but could they not have thought of removing the Christmas lights from the park bench for a scene supposed to be occurring on Valentine's Night???

Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

whelan2 wrote: »
    Meanwhile Katy is still sitting in the container thingy .......

She has some month old Brady's ham, a half slice of mouldy bread...and eyebrow tweezers. What more could any girl want? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

agree with what yot say about Orla. if a male character spoke to his wife the way she speaks to Wayne there would be outrage. same with the way Caomhe speaks to Damien. also in fair city land I've observed that on Valentines day the guys have to go all out to treat the ladies. shouldn't the guys be getting treats too?

Because a lot of nice guys for some reason go for bitches, happens a lot in real life. I can't understand it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I wouldn't walk Dollyer at night at the best of times let alone early February
    She's not the worst of them, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

She has some month old Brady's ham, a half slice of mouldy bread...and eyebrow tweezers. What more could any girl want? :D

Don't forget the hairdresser and plenty makeup. At this stage her hair should be half way down her back and bushy eyebrows and her clothes manky rotten with body odour. I wonder does your man buy fresh underwear for her now and again?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

fin12 wrote: »
    Because a lot of nice guys for some reason go for bitches,
    Wayne isn't a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Wayne isn't a nice guy

Damien is.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Soother? Who the hell calls it a soother?

I've never known it as anything else!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Caoimhe is really pulling off the 'soccer mom' look.

Is Wayne suggesting that under new "money laundering legislation" banks are investigating every mortgage deposit they receive!!!!!! Lol

Well to be fair they would if you came in with €80K in banknotes ......or even €10K ........large cash lodgements scream Money Laundering and it's Central Bank regulation to report them

Some FC writer actually researched this .......wow!!!

Well to be fair they would if you came in with €80K in banknotes ......or even €10K ........large cash lodgements scream Money Laundering and it's Central Bank regulation to report them

Some FC writer actually researched this .......wow!!!

Fair enough but I would assume they don't walk into the bank with a bag of rolled up notes! 70k isn't really that much money. Wayne sells cars. 70k is easily explained. Deposit it into a couple of accounts and then consolidate it into one. My mate who works in central bank reckons there's millions of euro under peoples beds. I could walk into the credit union or my bank and lodge 10k into my account and say if asked at all it was a lend from my parents towards a mortgage deposit. But good to see the writers spent at least 5 seconds on google for once.

But.....Wayne literally found it! He didn't steal it or embezzle it. He could actually bring it to the cops and say he found it at the beach and claim it in X amount of months. He could fly to Vegas and back to visit his ex wife and say he won it.

What did Wayne do with Dollys million exactly? Did he clear out his own mother? Did he have a PLAN

And FOR GODS SAKE! How did the writers forget Valentines Day was supposed to be the big reveal?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Laois_Man wrote: »
    So the confusing plan now means Oisin sends false accounts to a bidder (has he become a qualified account all of a sudden....How.....How can he even have become a capable one?). And he manipulated the figures to make it look like it's been running at an increasing loss over several years....and it doesn't even occur to him that the bidder will give this as a reason to Paul for pulling out of the purchase and he'll be found out. And what is it they're trying to sell again? I know it's called "The Pod" but what exactly is that and how can it have operating accounts spanning several years.

So confused! :confused:

Don't be so obtuse. Did you not see Hughie give the figures a half second look over and claim all looks very good?

The Pod is a fooking gold mine....Paulio would be mad to sell it now. An IPO in a couple of years would pull in billions!

• Advertisement

What happened to the big reveal on Valentine's Day?

Like Niamh forgetting that she had plane tickets booked, bags packed, passports bought (for 100k), schools for Ruuuthie sorted, Homeland Clearance with Trump (all when she was leaving last week)......She just forgot...Happens to the best of us. Poor Ruuuthie! All set for her new life and then to be just forgotten about.

She'll have to reapply all over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Scene fail part 2. Caoimhe goes to the cash and carry, 5 min later she is in Spar getting bread

Maybe Spar is the cash and carry :P:P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'm afraid to ask.......and I probably know the answer! But was there the shred of progress last night?!

Took me 2 posts above to figure my answer out ! It's now gone beyond the stage of "beyond the stage of a joke"! I guess we are back to joke territory at this stage!
    4 episodes a week, around 4 main plots per year. It's fking mental how they get away with it! !!!

Took me 2 posts above to figure my answer out ! It's now gone beyond the stage of "beyond the stage of a joke"! I guess we are back to joke territory at this stage!
    4 episodes a week, around 4 main plots per year. It's fking mental how they get away with it! !!!

Yes, but there's always some brilliant side stories in play.....

walshb wrote: »

Yes, but there's always some brilliant side stories in play.....

You need a few more dots at the end of that statement. .......

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

Read the spoilers a couple pages back and realised there was no big reveal happening on Valentine's Day....nor any other day of this week for that matter...it's just all carrying on as per normal (in Carrigstown). It will be a contest to see which story plays out longer - Katie kidnap v The Plan.

Regarding the Hughie scene where he deduces that the Pod is in great shape after his half second look at the books...Could they not have made it a little more believable.

Say Hughie comes in, takes the books and then 6 months later after looking over the books (because the plan will still be in place) comes back and says that the books look good? Only then does he log on to Niamh's laptop and enable her algorithm. ctrl-transfer-pod-Folder-Hughie! Bingo! Paul gets screwed again, and his defeatist solicitor tells him that like his money, the Pod is irretrievable...

This is just standard sh1t really. A 6 year old could write it.

• Advertisement

When did blow in Christy teach Pete (have they met?) the Chilean speciality of Spagetti carbonara! He's not even the chef in the cafe he runs. FFS

Will the feds be on to Christy after 90 days?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement