Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Who was your man talking to Callum and Jane in the community centre? I dip in and out, is he a throwback to an old storyline that I missed?

Also, which of the Brennans is Charlotte supposed to be going out with? It seems to change from one episode to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sparko wrote: »
    Who was your man talking to Callum and Jane in the community centre? I dip in and out, is he a throwback to an old storyline that I missed?

Also, which of the Brennans is Charlotte supposed to be going out with? It seems to change from one episode to the next.

A married but separated crooner looking to get the jump out of Jane. He must have been brought back to fill time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Of course there was no progress on Valentines Day. That was script writer 44 who mentioned that. Niamh has had so many chances to leave Paul now that its actually like Benny Hill at this stage. Maybe one planned leaving would go wrong but shes had loads now and right at the last minute she either backed out or something has happened. Which makes her weak enough but the only link the writers have is damn Ruthie, which she of course would have considered when she started this.

She doesn't even like Ruthie, anytime she walks into the room shes told to get out again. I suspect now that either Paul will have a heart attack soon just as Niamh is about to leave for the 100th time and she will weaken and agree to rebuild his empire or herself and Nicola will team up to fleece him even more and they both get what they want. Either way, Niamh is going to end up back with Paul. Just like death and taxes...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

As ridiculous as it was to have Valentine's Day as the day that Niamh would reveal all rather than just doing so at the start of the year as if it being Valentine's Day would make it harder for Paul, at least we had an end game.

Sure, Niamh would go through a few more unnecessary weeks of marriage with Paul just so she could break it to him on Valentine's Day, fine. Whatever. We had a bloody time scale for The PLAN and that was all that mattered.

But no, THE PLAN continues on and like a rolling snowball, just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

So because Paul had his way with Hayley and Dermot got sick and died and then rose again, Hughie and Oisin have their own little branch of THE PLAN. Wayne and Orla also have their own branch of THE PLAN. Robbie and Jane are also a part of this giant octupus that is THE PLAN. Is there any part or person in Carrigstown that won't soon be touched by THE PLAN's tentacles?

THE PLAN!! The writers have created a monster. They thought they knew what they were doing, they thought they knew where they were going. But THE PLAN had other ideas. It outgrew them.

And now THE PLAN roams Carrickstown.

Nobody is safe from THE PLAN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I think there is only one way to sort the writers out at this stage. STOP watching and let the viewing figures drop. That might put an end to these ridiculously long drawn out nonsensical storylines.

We could do out a roster between us where we take turns watching and then that person posts a synopsis here. Sounds like a plan ??
    Who said PLAN, stop saying plan, what is the plan ?????
    I can't take it anymore !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Of course there was no progress on Valentines Day. That was script writer 44 who mentioned that. Niamh has had so many chances to leave Paul now that its actually like Benny Hill at this stage. Maybe one planned leaving would go wrong but shes had loads now and right at the last minute she either backed out or something has happened. Which makes her weak enough but the only link the writers have is damn Ruthie, which she of course would have considered when she started this.

She doesn't even like Ruthie, anytime she walks into the room shes told to get out again. I suspect now that either Paul will have a heart attack soon just as Niamh is about to leave for the 100th time and she will weaken and agree to rebuild his empire or herself and Nicola will team up to fleece him even more and they both get what they want. Either way, Niamh is going to end up back with Paul. Just like death and taxes...

Am I right in thinking Niamh has now cancelled The Plan and intends staying with Paul? This is where things are getting even more bizarre, it seems she is not even going to confront him about his affair with Hayley despite conducting a revenge campaign against him.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking Niamh has now cancelled The Plan and intends staying with Paul? This is where things are getting even more bizarre, it seems she is not even going to confront him about his affair with Hayley despite conducting a revenge campaign against him.

Yep, The Plan is effectively over because Niamh couldn't leave Paul when push came to shove. Remember last week when Niamh was just about to publicly announce she was leaving Paul then that stopped because Paul announced he was "on to Dermot"? Well later that episode Niamh knew that Robbie was only bluffing and would never give up Dermot, THEN she had her perfect opportunity to kick him when he was down after he smashed his hand and was wandering around the streets a broken man....and what did she do?

Looked him up and down in pity, took his hand and said "Come on we can rebuild". So there you go people, the death knell of The Plan. Oh the Pod/Jane/Nicola strings will probably rumble on for a few more weeks but Niamh hasn't the heart for it anymore so as I predicted she is back with him. I never thought she would give up this early though, I predicted September ha ha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Strazdas wrote: »

No not at all, not yet anyway. Last night, she smiled/grimaced at Paul, but as she walked away, she turned around to look at him and gave him a dirty look. No, THE PLAN, whatever it is, is still very much in existence.

Yep, The Plan is effectively over because Niamh couldn't leave Paul when push came to shove. Remember last week when Niamh was just about to publicly announce she was leaving Paul then that stopped because Paul announced he was "on to Dermot"? Well later that episode Niamh knew that Robbie was only bluffing and would never give up Dermot, THEN she had her perfect opportunity to kick him when he was down after he smashed his hand and was wandering around the streets a broken man....and what did she do?

Looked him up and down in pity, took his hand and said "Come on we can rebuild". So there you go people, the death knell of The Plan. Oh the Pod/Jane/Nicola strings will probably rumble on for a few more weeks but Niamh hasn't the heart for it anymore so as I predicted she is back with him. I never thought she would give up this early though, I predicted September ha ha :pac:

Forgiving him and deciding to give the relationship another chance doesn't make much sense though if she hasn't even confronted him and he is completely unaware she knows of his infidelity. This is one of the most convoluted storylines ever :)

monkey9 wrote: »
    No not at all, not yet anyway. Last night, she smiled/grimaced at Paul, but as she walked away, she turned around to look at him and gave him a dirty look. No, THE PLAN, whatever it is, is still very much in existence.

With all the smirking and grimacing and scheming, it's making her seem more unhinged rather than a scorned woman :D

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »

Yeah but she didn't take her chance to completely kick him when he was down last week and walk out then so shes hardly going to do it now. Its just one excuse after another with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

jos28 wrote: »
    I think there is only one way to sort the writers out at this stage. STOP watching and let the viewing figures drop. That might put an end to these ridiculously long drawn out nonsensical storylines.

We could do out a roster between us where we take turns watching and then that person posts a synopsis here. Sounds like a plan ??
    Who said PLAN, stop saying plan, what is the plan ?????
    I can't take it anymore !!!

We don't even need to do that, we all know what's going to happen for the next 3 months, the same tripe that's been happening for the last 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Yeah but she didn't take her chance to completely kick him when he was down last week and walk out then so shes hardly going to do it now. Its just one excuse after another with her.

Yes she will.....when THE PLAN is finished (around about the Christmas special of 2019). She's just hanging around to make sure he can't resurrect himself.

They're trying to make an Alexis Colby charachter out of her, and failing miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Ah lads, I think we should all arrange to go on holiday together this year, maybe July? God knows we need a break from FC before it drives us mad.

We'll hire a Hiace to take us to the airport, we can all bunch up in the back and sing the Fair City anthem: 'Here We Go Again'.
    By the time we get home, nothing will have changed, Niamh will still be wearing the wine coat, despite the hot weather, Katy will still be in the paper shed, probably with a gorgeous tan to match her perfect eyebrows and Dermot will still be on the sofa, sipping his miracle water.

And to think I paid €160 today for my tv licence. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Cormdogg wrote: »
    When did blow in Christy teach Pete (have they met?) the Chilean speciality of Spagetti carbonara! He's not even the chef in the cafe he runs. FFS

Will the feds be on to Christy after 90 days?

:pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sparko wrote: »

The guy Callum and Jane were talking to went on a date with Jane before but Oisin forced him to humiliate her on da date because Oisin found out he was married. I think he said something about her being too old.

Ah lads, I think we should all arrange to go on holiday together this year, maybe July? God knows we need a break from FC before it drives us mad.

We'll hire a Hiace to take us to the airport, we can all bunch up in the back and sing the Fair City anthem: 'Here We Go Again'.
    By the time we get home, nothing will have changed, Niamh will still be wearing the wine coat, despite the hot weather, Katy will still be in the paper shed, probably with a gorgeous tan to match her perfect eyebrows and Dermot will still be on the sofa, sipping his miracle water.

And to think I paid €160 today for my tv licence. :mad:

I fancy a 2 week trip to the Galapagos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well that was awkward LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

you'd think that considering dermot is such a wanted man they'd at least keep the flipping door locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Guess what FC writers, the Amelia character, no it is not funny. Callum's beany hat is funnier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

Definitely the best show on RTE now.......but by luck rather than design...........did anyone ask RTE if it was 'okay to spend the money'. More laughs than any Tommy Tiernan show!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

does nobody in Carraigstown lock their doors anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 41 JMF240

How many times will we see this Caoimhe/Damian/Dean/New Annoying Waitress scene where they just all happen to converge outside Vino's?

JMF240 wrote: »
    How many times will we see this Caoimhe/Damian/Dean/New Annoying Waitress scene where they just all happen to converge outside Vino's?

I FF through that...

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

If my mother in law told me to return shopping id kick her up the hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

There will be war if The Ram sees Junior in anything but a KilKenny jersey

Greatest comedy show on earth. Fook it, fellas. I'm done slagging this show. The penny has dropped for me. It's pure genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

No seriously Philip what are you doing here???? WTF Why is he back in it and how would he know to find Jane in Dermots or where it was? Thats the f#cking best way to write in a hurdle for the plan!!!

Todays personality transplant Orla! FFS!

FFS, Doll. Where did they get all the money? Maybe your million euro? Try asking that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

So this Amelia chick whose Dad owns a few hotels is doing a course in what? Waitressing? And she's "placed" in Vinos for work experience??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement