Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The motion was passed by 57 votes to 52, with 44 abstentions. now back to FC chat

Will there be a 20 year tribunal coming up?

Yeah, let's get back to real-life issues .. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is it Bins birthday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

blimey that was close call .. I aint got no confidence in him ... should have been enda the road ...

Spare a thought for poor Katy missing all the craic in the Dail. Shur so much has happened since she went into the paper soundprooof cell, it'll take her weeks to get her head around all the shocking news......Enda - Still Taoiseach, Prince - dead, George Michael - dead. Cliff Richard - still alive, Brexit - passed. Trump - president, and most shocking of all, her young neighbour Zoe - disappeared and nobody has noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

walshb wrote: »
    Greatest comedy show on earth. Fook it, fellas. I'm done slagging this show. The penny has dropped for me. It's pure genius.

The penny?? It was hundreds of €

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Spare a thought for poor Katy missing all the craic in the Dail. Shur so much has happened since she went into the paper soundprooof cell, it'll take her weeks to get her head around all the shocking news......Enda - Still Taoiseach, Prince - dead, George Michael - dead. Cliff Richard - still alive, Brexit - passed. Trump - president, and most shocking of all, her young neighbour Zoe - disappeared and nobody has noticed.

JFK, Martin Luther, Shot..... Marilyn Monroe, dead!... Nelson Mandela, etc.... KT has missed so many historical events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

That jersey Orla bought for Junior, did anyone notice the size of it? it was big enough to fit a 10-12 year old! :rolleyes: (

Typical Irish mother 'Ah shur it's grand, he'll get good wear outta it, he'll grow into it'

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dicanio

Where has Farrah disappeared to?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Will there be a 20 year tribunal coming up?

Yeah, let's get back to real-life issues .. ;)

2037: The tribunal will be bloody over and we'll still be looking at KT in her cereal box and Niamh will still be shrieking about The Plan. Dermish will still be fleeing the day after tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

That jersey looked like a leftover from Bella's Bazaar.
    That was a tremendously brave and courageous scene with Orla at the breakfast table. I wouldn't step outside the door without my face on these days never mind appear on national TV.
    That Amelia one must be somebody's sister/daughter/wife as she's standout terrible even by FC standards. I think most of them just play themselves, its more like TOWIE than a soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

bin day is very important :D

I noticed something about the bins actually. When Jane lifted the bag out of the bin, it seemed like she was struggling with the weight of it. And yet when she was at the front door she was carrying it in one hand with what seemed like only paper in the bag. I know continuity isn't a FC strong point, but come on!

I hope there is a point to 'Amelia'?

• Advertisement

Amelia is just a prop there to get Calomine into Daddy's hotel at the airport , then that will lead to strife between Damo and herself for 6 months... It will be all, "you're working all hours" " you never see your daughter" " I never get the leg-over".... Blah blah blah...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

ya kind of miss L/H wobbly head when he is missing from a couple of episodes ... but I reckon he has kidnapped Farrah and Zoey ... I reckon he is getting into this kidnapping malarkey now seeing with his success with katie ...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dicanio wrote: »
    Where has Farrah disappeared to?

She's under the tree at Spar!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

youwould wrote: »
    I noticed something about the bins actually. When Jane lifted the bag out of the bin, it seemed like she was struggling with the weight of it. And yet when she was at the front door she was carrying it in one hand with what seemed like only paper in the bag. I know continuity isn't a FC strong point, but come on!

Yeah, even though they were due to leave the next day, Dermot is worrying about bin day. And the bin then turned out to be so light and empty, it was hardly worth the worry and emergency.

Also, good that Ben finished his homework. Don't know what he's doing homework for seeing as he's meant to be leaving and won't be returning to school.

He must be glad to get away from that school actually. He's probably sick of the constant questioning from his teachers along the lines of "Eh, is Zoe due back from the Galapagos Islands any time soon, Ben? She's been gong a few months now and she really is missing a lot of school"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I'm baffled by the talk of "bankruptcy" and the banks stripping Paul of all his assets. What money does he owe them and how could he be declared bankrupt? All his businesses are showing a profit.

Besides, the bank would be fully aware that his accountant has stolen a large sum of cash from his account and that there is a police investigation into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

Writers of fair city......for the love of suffering Jesus make this **** end. Not just THE PLAN, the abductions, the ridiculous arcade , the inconsistencies, the mistakes, the absolute farcical far fetched incredible stories about the Galapagos, Hiace vans, dungeons made from cornflake boxes. Have some fu##ing self respect and walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anybody remember Enda Kenny having a five point plan back in 2011?
    Is Niamh getting assistance of him about delaying her plan and changing her mind about issues on the plan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

The writers are laughing all the way to the bank...Literally. it's worse this is getting. The KT thing is beyond ridiculous at this stage and no sign of closure any time soon. The heather stuff is more nonsense..As is the bloody plan and all the amazing twists and turns that go with it.

Not going to even get into the quality of acting which at times is at secondary school Christmas concert levels.

Is this the best rte can do? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I just hope all things backfire on Niamh. She has too smug a smile on her and she is enjoying all this ruination of Paul too much. Dermot as a free man is finished. If need for medical help does not drive Robbie and Jane to bring him to a hospital, then Callum will tell Paul about him. Dermot getting caught probably will be what will unmask Niamh as well. She deserves her comeuppance.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

youwould wrote: »
    bin day is very important :D

There's no point to Amelia, she will be gone in a week. Same thing happened with Sashs prison friend and Amanda too. They're just bridges for the others to walk on to get to the next part of their story then the bridges are forgotten never to be seen again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I haven't watched Fair City in years, but read the thread every so often.
    The thread is hilarious. :D

I reckon RTE should employ some of the posters here to write it, and stop pretending that Fair City is anything but a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm baffled by the talk of "bankruptcy" and the banks stripping Paul of all his assets. What money does he owe them and how could he be declared bankrupt? All his businesses are showing a profit.

Besides, the bank would be fully aware that his accountant has stolen a large sum of cash from his account and that there is a police investigation into this.
    I was too but what I think happened was Dermot and Niamh when deciding to rip off Paul knew all his wealth was tied up in properties so they persuaded him to remortgage some of his assets to fund the Speakeasy (I rem remortagaging being mentioned back in the mists of time), so presumably he does to the tune of 800k which they transfer to themselves when Paul gives power of attorney to Dermot as he was going away for a WEEK, as you do. The bank know the money was stolen but Paul still owes it now and I guess they want it back. I dont see what the big hurry is though to sell the Pod, surely the bank would prefer he hold out for a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

LynnGrace wrote: »

I reckon RTE should employ some of the posters here to write it, and stop pretending that Fair City is anything but a farce.

Maybe we should put down some suggestions for new plots and see do they pick any of them up. They obviously do read the thread! :D

I'll start. But instead of a plot suggestion, I have a new actress suggestion. Dakota Johnson. I saw Fifty Shades Darker on Tuesday night and she's honestly the worst actress I've ever seen outside of Fair City. She should be put where she belongs - in Carrigstown. Bring Jimmy Doyle home with her on his arm and have Bella give her a good handcuffing and whipping behind Jimmy's back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I just hope all things backfire on Niamh. She has too smug a smile on her and she is enjoying all this ruination of Paul too much. Dermot as a free man is finished. If need for medical help does not drive Robbie and Jane to bring him to a hospital, then Callum will tell Paul about him. Dermot getting caught probably will be what will unmask Niamh as well. She deserves her comeuppance.

Seriously who cares anymore ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Song for KT
    Stay strong babez.
    Loves ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

katkin wrote: »
    I was too but what I think happened was Dermot and Niamh when deciding to rip off Paul knew all his wealth was tied up in properties so they persuaded him to remortgage some of his assets to fund the Speakeasy (I rem remortagaging being mentioned back in the mists of time), so presumably he does to the tune of 800k which they transfer to themselves when Paul gives power of attorney to Dermot as he was going away for a WEEK, as you do. The bank know the money was stolen but Paul still owes it now and I guess they want it back. I dont see what the big hurry is though to sell the Pod, surely the bank would prefer he hold out for a better price.

That sounds very plausible but where the storyline falls down of course is that Paul would have his hands on a lot more than 800k, perhaps in several different bank accounts, given that he has a large number of rented properties and several businesses. But Dermot stealing say 5m or 7m at the click of a mouse would be way too far fetched even for FC so they had to come up with a plot where the loss of 800k is enough to leave him on the brink of financial ruin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Seriously, though? What is the story with this wierd armless fashion trend of Jane. I would be happy if she just stayed in her kids size McCoys t-shirt.

097_4e63dd2191f365c0a412745d7070e0ca7275e5d4.jpg

Does she have a stipulation in her contract that her arms have to be exposed at all times?

Fair-City-Eps-12-Niamh-waits-for-Jane-to-leave-so-she-can-ge.jpg

Fair-City-Eps-004-005-Jane-gets-present-from-Ben-and-Dermot.jpg

Fair-City-Eps-36-As-Dermot-recovers-Jane-and-Robbie-worry-about-Callums-next-move.jpg

C3CWv4ZXAAooNmq.jpg

077_b73f77d9a19227eefc4e723c1f879e4319c39bb1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56,343 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This is fooking ridiculous....If Paulio is so pi££ed with Dermish taking his money why doesn't he just log onto Niamh's laptop and press "ctrl-alt-transfer-wifi/launderette-DermishFolder to Paulio'sFolder?" He can then demand his money back in return for transferring the launderette back to Dermish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jaysus, Amelia would look well in a McCoys t-shirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Seriously, though? What is the story with this wierd armless fashion trend of Jane. I would be happy if she just stayed in her kids size McCoys t-shirt.

097_4e63dd2191f365c0a412745d7070e0ca7275e5d4.jpg

Does she have a stipulation in her contract that her arms have to be exposed at all times?

Fair-City-Eps-12-Niamh-waits-for-Jane-to-leave-so-she-can-ge.jpg

Fair-City-Eps-004-005-Jane-gets-present-from-Ben-and-Dermot.jpg

Fair-City-Eps-36-As-Dermot-recovers-Jane-and-Robbie-worry-about-Callums-next-move.jpg

C3CWv4ZXAAooNmq.jpg

077_b73f77d9a19227eefc4e723c1f879e4319c39bb1.jpg

haha - and most of them dresses are armless ..... but not armless if you get what I mean , theres always a bit of extra cloth. But you highlighted it perfectly :D

Its all armless fun :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement