Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

youwould wrote: »
    Pity. I liked her. I like Amanda too when she winds her neck in.

Yes I liked sash prison friend too, nikki. She had a good light comic effect which is more than needed in the dark drama of kidnaps liver cancer affairs robbery. I have met her in real life too and she's very nice and polite although I thought she was pregnant again but maybe just overweight. 🀔 Amanda I think could go somewhere but huffing and puffing around fighting with the world really pees me off. I think also the bullying element to her (she bullied Rachel in school) turns me off her but if fc could explore her past a bit more she could be a loveable Carachter. I feel FC don't establish Carachters and build them up like eastenders does for example. They choose caracters to fit a story not a story to fit the carachters, IYSWIM

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭katkin

bazermc wrote: »
    Does Vinos not have an inside anymore??

All the staff outside, its hilarious. Reckon they are doing that to avoid having to pay extras for the inside shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Nicola is back hmmm i wonder how much her appearance will delay the leaving of Paul by Niamh?...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Blurryface

Did anyone else notice Jane telling Callum "He's doing this for his child!"?

The writers can't possibly think that the viewers will just forget about Zoe if nobody mentions her, surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Rachel's little Friend, the Zebra teddy haha ud never guess she was 20.

Even though I've this really cute hot water Dog teddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I don't watch FC that much but every time I watch it there's a chef in full uniform outside some restaurant serving people coffee, wtf is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

On Sunday evening I think a 08C***** mercedes drove down the Main Street of Carrickstown...I thought it was Nickerless and Clar up from the country for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't watch FC that much but every time I watch it there's a chef in full uniform outside some restaurant serving people coffee, empty cups wtf is that all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Blurryface wrote: »
    Did anyone else notice Jane telling Callum "He's doing this for his child!"?

The writers can't possibly think that the viewers will just forget about Zoe if nobody mentions her, surely?

The gas thing is he mentioned Zoe in last night's episode. For the first time since she went to the Galapagos. :rolleyes:

Just yet another example of the lousy scripts/non continuity / holes in the plot. I wonder do the writers of FC ever read this forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jos28 wrote: »
    I think Enda has robbed Niamh's coat

000d9674-521.jpg

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Jane had quit McCoys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

yer one in the restaurant - Amelia is it? ... well have corrie and FC been collaborating have they? - your one in FC is acting just like rosie webster in corrie.. how comes these similar characters are in 2 different soaps at the same time?

yer one in the restaurant - Amelia is it? ... well have corrie and FC been collaborating have they? - your one in FC is acting just like rosie webster in corrie.. how comes these similar characters are in 2 different soaps at the same time?

I like her :o could be as I hate Caoimhe now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

We're currently in the process of selling our house. Between solicitors, contracts and a zillion other things, it's taking months.
    Hughie literally bought The Pod overnight, contracts were signed today. Gotta' love FC.

Valentine's day, Caoimhe and Damo having a romantic sandwich in the 'park' at night, complete with fairy lights.
    Tonight, Damo sitting in the park with the poor freezing baba in the pram. Shur what parent doesn't drag their kid out on a cold February night for a stroll in the park?

I would have given up months ago, if it hadn't been for this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Amelia? Overstated and over acted. That said there are people like her in real life. But they don't belong in a soap. Put them in a soap and they become overstated with terrible over acting.

No I meant Sash's friend from prison. I can't remember her name. Amelia reminds me of Kerry Ann with a rich daddy.

Where is Galapagos?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Galapagos?

Tiny islands west of South America. I say that like it's the Aran Islands. Zoe is literally on a ****ing blink-and-you'll-miss-it island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/samerica/galap.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Tiny islands west of South America. I say that like it's the Aran Islands. Zoe is literally on a ****ing blink-and-you'll-miss-it island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/samerica/galap.htm

why did the writers have to pick that place over a place where everyone has heard of (well those who are shít at geography) ?

why did the writers have to pick that place over a place where everyone has heard of (well those who are shít at geography) ?

Because the writers are thick as ****.

• Advertisement

Does Robbie not run his own businesses anymore, like his bookies and Station pub instead he is Dermot and Jane's go to guy

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Tonight's tale is brought to you courtesy of some of the Kids of Carrigstown .............

Beginning with Zoe :

''It's all my fault, isn't it? Here I am, stuck on a bloody island off the coast of Sth America. while that fookin lick-arse Binjy is at at home reading his Batman comics with Dad, the little pr1ck. Not fair! Me? I was whisked away before Christmas, with barely enough time to grab my passport. ........Actually that bit puzzles me, I didn't even know I had a passport. Like, I've never ever been abroad before, never been to a foreign country.
    (Except for that trip to Cavan in October. But you couldn't really call Cavan a foreign country. Could you? I remember they used the euro for currency same as us, and after a while it was possible to understand a few words of their odd language).
    Even my sister has left now, gone to work with immigrants in Italy. Italy, if you don't mind! Not for her the heat, deprivation and poverty of Somalia, Morocco or Ghana. Oh, not her! She likes her comforts, does Whassername. The bloody cow left me here with only huge big tortoises for company, though I have to say most of the tortoises can move faster than that fookin Bela! But I'll tell you one thing, when, the sorry, if, I ever get back to Carrigstown, by jaysis, a lot of people will have questions to answer.........''

** Cavan people, please note : No offence intended ** ;)

Little Ruthie also spoke her mind......

''Ah, heeyor! This is going too far. The last time I was downstairs in this bloody house was three weeks ago, And even then I was sent up back again to colour more bloody pictures. Pictures? I'll give 'em bloody pictures!. And then the fookin' liars have the nerve to tell everybody that '' Oh, Ruth is gone to creche,'' or, ''Ruth is playing with Jack,'' or, ''Ruth is gone to the Zoo with Cass.'' Any bloody excuse!
    When all the time, I'm up here with me PoundShop markers and free colouring page out of the Sunday World. But one day the'll be sorry! They'll pay! They'll all pay!!''

Ellie. too, agreed to speak to us :

''Eh-oh! Eh-oh! As my favourite TV character Tinky-Winky would say. Some people might think that at 13, I'm a teeny-weeny bit childish. But that's just my fantastic acting ability coming into play, Yes, I have learned that to stay in the Fair City cast, you do as you're told. If they say 'behave like a child with a sh1tty nappy', that's what I'll do.
    Don't worry, very shortly, writers #17 and #38 have their turn, and I then fully expect to be written in as a proper, self-respecting teenager. I can't wait. Can't talk right now though, Dora the Explorer is just starting...........''

And finally, Head'n'Shoulders and Caoimhe's new eight month old baby agreed to deliver a short statement :

''Please! Please! Somebody out there call Tusla Childcare! Only once in eight months have I been allowed inside the door of my 'home'. And that was just to meet my Granda,the weirdo. Wouldn't trust him for one minute.....
    All day, every day, I'm shoved into this pram and walked up and down the footpath outside Vino's back entrance. And the stink of bloody tomatoes when I'm passing that place!
    Tonight just for a change, I was brought to the so-called park. Imagine! The park! In a cold, pitch -dark night in mid-February!
    And when me 'Ma' came strolling past, she didn't immediately bate the head off H'n'S , like any normal mother, for bringing me out in the dark. God no, she sat down on the bench beside him, without even glancing into the pram at me, not even a simple ''Where's your soother, child?'' They started yakking on like I wasn't even there.
    I dunno, some people want shooting, so they do.........''

To be Continued (maybe).......

I just priced a flight to Galapagos Islands. Did Dermish have a spare €776 lying around in November?

I just priced a flight to Galapagos Islands. Did Dermish have a spare €776 lying around in November?

Did Kelly pay for both?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Thats not even the best of it. Dermot didnt even tell Zoe she could go until about 5 hours before the flight so considering that you have to be in the airport 3 hours before an international flight, that left 2 hours to:
    1. Book Zoe on that flight and give her a decent seat near her sister at a time when the price would be absolutely sky-high. And thats assuming there were any seats left.
    2. Add Zoe to the hotel booking which would also cost a fortune. Presumably her sister had booked a single room for her trip and at that stage any amendments would be too late so her only option left was to book Zoe into single rooms for the trip?? A girl that age in the middle of the ocean with only her sister for company and safety and she still had to sleep alone!
    3. Pack everything she needed for the trip, including clothes, toiliteries and any medicines she may require.
    4. Get injections to be immunised against any diseases from that part of the world.
    5. Say goodbye to her friends.
    6. Money, how the hell is she coping for money? Whats the currency in the Galapagos? She would need some walking around cash so how did Dermot get that so fast? The hotel and flight would have already cleaned him out.
    7. Drive to the airport after all that to be in time for check in and security.
    8. Get permission from the school to take a girl on a 10 week (and counting) trip to some islands on the other side of the planet.
    9. Give Zoe her contact numbers and sort out any roaming settings on her phone so that she could ring or text home with any updates on The Plan.
    10. Give her something to eat before she headed off for the flight.

The whole Zoe thing is now farcical there is no way the writers are going to be able to explain her absense in any credible way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

coolhull brilliant!
    Absolutely loved the call to Joe Duffy post too! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

So Orla went shopping for clothes and brought back half of Graffton street in a few paper bags. Yet she's still wearing that rag of a coat that she has been wearing for the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

We're currently in the process of selling our house. Between solicitors, contracts and a zillion other things, it's taking months.
    Hughie literally bought The Pod overnight, contracts were signed today. Gotta' love FC.

Valentine's day, Caoimhe and Damo having a romantic sandwich in the 'park' at night, complete with fairy lights.
    Tonight, Damo sitting in the park with the poor freezing baba in the pram. Shur what parent doesn't drag their kid out on a cold February night for a stroll in the park?

I would have given up months ago, if it hadn't been for this thread.

Indeed I am in the same boat, on the other side, buying a house, sale agreed since 1 December and not even signed a contract yet - driving me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Dermot hiding from everyone in his own house reminds me of....

Father Dougal McGuire:
    C'mon Ted,think. Where's the last place you'd think I'd put them?

Father Ted Crilly:
    Well, I suppose that the last place I'd think you'd put them would be... would actually be... Bishop Brennan's room.

Dougal: Bingo! Think about it Ted- I put the bunnies in the last place he'd ever expect to find them! In his own room- he'd never look there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Because there a bunch a lame dweebs that wouldn't know how too write a GOOD script if it hit them on the head.

Also

If I was callum and The local Scrooge stole my inheritance and I found him in his house (great hiding place dermo :rolleyes: ) ID be running to the guards station and reporting that little snake :mad: but no callum is too much lame wad too do that :rolleyes:

And of course dermo gave no explanation as how he made it from wherever that van brought him back or where it even brought him, what did he do, walk back? No wonder he's clutching his belly in pain every 5 minutes from dehydration :rolleyes: and what about the 100,000 he paid your man LOL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement