Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Because there a bunch a lame dweebs that wouldn't know how too write a GOOD script if it hit them on the head.

Also

If I was callum and The local Scrooge stole my inheritance and I found him in his house (great hiding place dermo :rolleyes: ) ID be running to the guards station and reporting that little snake :mad: but no callum is too much lame wad too do that :rolleyes:

And of course dermo gave no explanation as how he made it from wherever that van brought him back or where it even brought him, what did he do, walk back? No wonder he's clutching his belly in pain every 5 minutes from dehydration :rolleyes: and what about the 100,000 he paid your man LOL.
    They could at least use some makeup to make him look sick, for a man that's dying he's the picture of health.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Major spoilers confirmed due to script leak at RTE!

Katie/Ciaran:
    Writers can confirm they haven't a clue what their doing

Niamh's plan
    The writers can confirm they haven't a clue when Niamh or what actually Niamh's plan is anymore.

Fahy family
    Several new script writers have never heard of Zoe or the Galapgos Islands

Heather/Ellie:
    Writers can confirm that they don't actually know what age Ellie actually is.

If a Fair City writer saw the heading of this post they'd be bricking it I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has Jo made anymore contact since sick Ben hasn't returned to her in the States, is her mate Orla keeping tabs on him with Jane for her?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Katie/Ciaran:

Niamh's plan
    The writers can confirm they haven't a clue when Niamh or what actually Niamh's plan is anymore.

Fahy family

Heather/Ellie:

If a Fair City writer saw the heading of this post they'd be bricking it I'd say!

Sounds about right :rolleyes:

:pac: :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Jo made anymore contact since sick Ben hasn't returned to her in the States, is her mate Orla keeping tabs on him with Jane for her?

No, shes forgotton all about him again, doesnt benny boy havr some sort of serious condition as well? That they found after that car crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

Yeah that's beyond farcical now. Jo was brought up to speed on Dermot going on the run, and abandoning his son (let's set aside the forgotten Zoe). She was told he was being looked after by a virtual stranger, then paid (I think) for both to travel to the States. Jane fobbed her off at the last minute, explaining that Ben had suddenly become ill.

So either Jo has just forgotten about the whole situation, or Jane is still maintaining that Ben is ill. Considering Ben had/still has some serious medical condition, surely any decent mother would be on a plane by now. Yet Ben has two mothers who seemingly couldn't give a damn!

I know from a practical real life point of view they probably aren't in a position to bring the actress back, but that doesn't mean they need to wreck the character. As far as I remember she was portrayed as a good mother, obsessive almost, yet now she's the complete opposite :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,883 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Sparko wrote: »
    Yeah that's beyond farcical now. Jo was brought up to speed on Dermot going on the run, and abandoning his son (let's set aside the forgotten Zoe). She was told he was being looked after by a virtual stranger, then paid (I think) for both to travel to the States. Jane fobbed her off at the last minute, explaining that Ben had suddenly become ill.

So either Jo has just forgotten about the whole situation, or Jane is still maintaining that Ben is ill. Considering Ben had/still has some serious medical condition, surely any decent mother would be on a plane by now. Yet Ben has two mothers who seemingly couldn't give a damn!

I know from a practical real life point of view they probably aren't in a position to bring the actress back, but that doesn't mean they need to wreck the character. As far as I remember she was portrayed as a good mother, obsessive almost, yet now she's the complete opposite :confused:

The entire Plan is a mass of contradictions and most unlikely scenarios.

Also, why isn't Niamh remotely worried about the Garda investigation into the theft of the 800k? There are any number of people who could land her in it and yet she's going around with that smirk on her face. How does she know that Dermot won't double cross her and name her as a co-conspirator if he's caught or even make out she was the instigator?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,346 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Katie/Ciaran:

Niamh's plan

Fahy family

Heather/Ellie:

Beautiful. But hardly a spoiler!:P

LynnGrace wrote: »
    coolhull brilliant!
    Absolutely loved the call to Joe Duffy post too! :D

Ha ha.... If they say 'behave like a child with a sh1tty nappy', that's what I'll do. Ellie to a "T"!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

walshb wrote: »
    Please FC...stop trying to do explosive drama...it's pathetic.
    Will someone please tell Paul and Orla that shouting doesn't mean good acting.

• Advertisement

wonder how Katie is these days??

juuge wrote: »
    Will someone please tell Paul and Orla that shouting doesn't mean good acting.

Those OTT scenes forever come across as cringe in FC...there's not an ounce of realism in them...

Not a bother, sure doesn't she have her hairbrush and some milk and bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

walshb wrote: »
    Not a bother, sure doesn't she have her hairbrush and some milk and bread?

And a fekcin skylight to escape through !!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

I bet they'll move onto selling the garage by the end of March and Paul will have a little Occupy moment, living in the garage for about a week. Then he'll lose the rag with Oisin or Dermot or Wayne or something and tear the place apart in a fit of rage and find this mysterious door and Katie will be found, Paul will be redeemed in the eyes of Carrigstown, Love Hate will kill himself and try to take Ellie with him, and the end of April we'll be back where we started.

And Clelia Murphy will still be wearing that f***ing coat and making what she thinks are subtle faces at the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I bet they'll move onto selling the garage by the end of March and Paul will have a little Occupy moment, living in the garage for about a week. Then he'll lose the rag with Oisin or Dermot or Wayne or something and tear the place apart in a fit of rage and find this mysterious door and Katie will be found, Paul will be redeemed in the eyes of Carrigstown, Love Hate will kill himself and try to take Ellie with him, and the end of April we'll be back where we started.

And Clelia Murphy will still be wearing that f***ing coat and making what she thinks are subtle faces at the camera.

The faces are a joke at this stage and theres still no sign of her leaving Paul. FC cant remember her empty threats from only a month ago. She has what she wants now why doesnt she leave him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I was thinking today (God, I need to get a life). What would we all do if RTE suddenly announced they were cancelling Fair City?
    Would all the joy go out of our lives? What would we moan about four times a week, and in between?
    We'd be lost, I tell ya...lost. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

The faces are a joke at this stage and theres still no sign of her leaving Paul. FC cant remember her empty threats from only a month ago. She has what she wants now why doesnt she leave him?

Couldn't agree more. I'm actually finding her smile/frown/pout not-at-all subtle looks embarrassing to watch at this stage. And that fupping coat. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

youwould wrote: »
    Amelia reminds me of Kerry Ann with a rich daddy.

There can only be one person who holds the crown of 'Ditzy Queen of Carrickstown' and it ain't whippersnapper Amelia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Question on Mailbag today about Fair city.
    Was doing a biteen of work so didn't even get to get the jist of it, did hear KT called Katty at one point though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I'm confused... I thought waitress and Caoimhe weren't working the day after the boozing sesh and that's why they were on the shots. Yet they turn up to work hungover?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The girl who platys Katie is an excellent actress. She hasn't had much to work with the last few months, it's just her in that little area. So she has to show off a load of emotion and can't get away with props or different scenery. It's actually hard to pull off. I think she's been fantastic.

She must be getting bored of it though. She's probably dying to get back onto different parts of the set with different interactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

coolhull wrote: »
    Tonight's tale is brought to you courtesy of some of the Kids of Carrigstown .............

Beginning with Zoe :

''It's all my fault, isn't it? Here I am, stuck on a bloody island off the coast of Sth America. while that fookin lick-arse Binjy is at at home reading his Batman comics with Dad, the little pr1ck. Not fair! Me? I was whisked away before Christmas, with barely enough time to grab my passport. ........Actually that bit puzzles me, I didn't even know I had a passport. Like, I've never ever been abroad before, never been to a foreign country.
    (Except for that trip to Cavan in October. But you couldn't really call Cavan a foreign country. Could you? I remember they used the euro for currency same as us, and after a while it was possible to understand a few words of their odd language).
    Even my sister has left now, gone to work with immigrants in Italy. Italy, if you don't mind! Not for her the heat, deprivation and poverty of Somalia, Morocco or Ghana. Oh, not her! She likes her comforts, does Whassername. The bloody cow left me here with only huge big tortoises for company, though I have to say most of the tortoises can move faster than that fookin Bela! But I'll tell you one thing, when,sorry, if, I ever get back to Carrigstown, by jaysis, a lot of people will have questions to answer.........''

** Cavan people, please note : No offence intended ** ;)

Little Ruthie also spoke her mind......

''Ah, heeyor! This is going too far. The last time I was downstairs in this bloody house was three weeks ago, And even then I was sent up back again to colour more bloody pictures. Pictures? I'll give 'em bloody pictures!. And then the fookin' liars have the nerve to tell everybody that '' Oh, Ruth is gone to creche,'' or, ''Ruth is playing with Jack,'' or, ''Ruth is gone to the Zoo with Cass.'' Any bloody excuse!
    When all the time, I'm up here with me PoundShop markers and free colouring page out of the Sunday World. But one day the'll be sorry! They'll pay! They'll all pay!!''

Ellie. too, agreed to speak to us :

''Eh-oh! Eh-oh! As my favourite TV character Tinky-Winky would say. Some people might think that at 13, I'm a teeny-weeny bit childish. But that's just my fantastic acting ability coming into play, Yes, I have learned that to stay in the Fair City cast, you do as you're told. If they say 'behave like a child with a sh1tty nappy', that's what I'll do.
    Don't worry, very shortly, writers #17 and #38 have their turn, and I then fully expect to be written in as a proper, self-respecting teenager. I can't wait. Can't talk right now though, Dora the Explorer is just starting...........''

And finally, Head'n'Shoulders and Caoimhe's new eight month old baby agreed to deliver a short statement :

''Please! Please! Somebody out there call Tusla Childcare! Only once in eight months have I been allowed inside the door of my 'home'. And that was just to meet my Granda,the weirdo. Wouldn't trust him for one minute.....
    All day, every day, I'm shoved into this pram and walked up and down the footpath outside Vino's back entrance. And the stink of bloody tomatoes when I'm passing that place!
    Tonight just for a change, I was brought to the so-called park. Imagine! The park! In a cold, pitch -dark night in mid-February!
    And when me 'Ma' came strolling past, she didn't immediately bate the head off H'n'S , like any normal mother, for bringing me out in the dark. God no, she sat down on the bench beside him, without even glancing into the pram at me, or a simple ''Where's your soother, child?'' They started yakking on like I wasn't even there.
    I dunno, some people want shooting, so they do.........''

To be Continued (maybe).......

Oh Jesus you're going to give them the idea of a fair city spin off series at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'm confused... I thought waitress and Caoimhe weren't working the day after the boozing sesh and that's why they were on the shots. Yet they turn up to work hungover?

Yeah, I thought they said they weren't working the next day :confused: to Dean or was it Damo? :confused:

monkey9 wrote: »
    The girl who platys Katie is an excellent actress. She hasn't had much to work with the last few months, it's just her in that little area. So she has to show off a load of emotion and can't get away with props or different scenery. It's actually hard to pull off. I think she's been fantastic.

She must be getting bored of it though. She's probably dying to get back onto different parts of the set with different interactions.

Mmmmm a lot of emotion ? I don't think so .

KT simpers and smiles at Ciaran most of the time !! If that was a ploy I'd forgive her .. but it's not !
    Where's the rage, the fight, the madness at the injustice of being locked up in the equivalent of the trailer of an articulated lorry for almost a year ?

NOBODY would still be sane , sitting there asking for shamooo and accepting gifts of sweets from your captor ....accepting the fact he had less time now due to a girlfriend ! How understanding!
    Ahhh FFS jut kick through that cardboard wall KT , scratch his eyes out , kick his balls off , scream your lungs out .
    I don't agree that this role has challenged the actress no matter how good she is .... quite the opposite .......looks bad on her CV :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

monkey9 wrote: »

I wonder if they do a lot of scenes all in one go with katy locked up in there and then just piece them up / edit it in as and when they need them when they are putting the episode(s) together?

Whats that 'buzzing' noise everytime when her door opens? (dont say its her vibrator :D ) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Did anyone hear the Arthurs Mailbag today on Balding Grey D'arcy. Some person wrote a letter slagging the show, particularly Dermissshhhh getting a liver quicker than the average Irish patient gets a hospital trolley. But the producers then responded to a complaint re the KT story with the most arrogant load of self appreciating waffle I have ever heard!

These inFamous 45 really are a deluded bunch of so and so's!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why didn't Callum get in on the plan and demand a cut

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Why didn't Callum get in on the plan and demand a cut

True - that might come next...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

It is inevitable that KT will be leaving the show shortly after being released, I'd say she'll go to Barcelona to visit her bff Rachel and stay away indefinitely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement