Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Niamh will be having a nervous breakdown.

Niamh's reaction at the end perfectly befits the reaction of many a FC fan the last few years!

You don't know whether to laugh or cry most of the time!

Right, I must check the credits at the end of RTE Plus 1 now to see what nationality the actor behind "Christy Ah, now" is

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

The Raptor wrote: »
    We wrote the same thing

Ha great minds, I literally only saw that scene tonight so was genuinely confused what she was at!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The story between Katy and Ciaran is ridiculous now.

I mean like does Ciaran even go out and buy the poor woman clean underwear or clothes.

It's Carrigstown. You most likely can get bras and thongs delivered to your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm watching on the +1
    That ending was rediculous

So Christy Ah Now is a Brazilian actor called Rodrigo Ternevoy! I genuinely thought he was Irish!

Its like he is a foreign actor putting on an Irish accent and then using that Irish accent to put on a foreign accent!

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm watching on the +1
    That ending was rediculous

It was even worse (but better, if you get what I am saying!) the second time I seen it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

So Christy Ah Now is a Brazilian actor called Rodrigo Ternevoy! I genuinely thought he was Irish!

Its like he is a foreign actor putting on an Irish accent and then using that Irish accent to put on a foreign accent!

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That was hilarious,when dermot announced it was him was comedy gold.
    Putting the combination on the compass has a really famous five vibe to it. I did enjoy that ,didn't think dermot would be so sly.
    Haley chose the wrong man,derms was the brains of the operation.
    Now I'm just wondering what thriller Hughie is going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That was hilarious,when dermot announced it was him was comedy gold.
    Putting the combination on the compass has a really famous five vibe to it. I did enjoy that ,didn't think dermot would be so sly.
    Haley chose the wrong man,derms was the brains of the operation.
    Now I'm just wondering what thriller Hughie is going to.

Hang on a second whats this about a compass?? Can someone explain, I must have missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Hang on a second whats this about a compass?? Can someone explain, I must have missed that.

Dermish gave binjimin a compass for Christmas and said that he had one for Zoie too... There was a number inscribed and when Binjimin asked what it was Dermish said he would tell him another day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

You can tell the actor playing Cristiano has lived in Ireland for some time.
    I still can't stand yer man, his brother, can't remember his name (I think of him as Pepe). He and Ama make a truly horrible couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

dee_mc wrote: »
    You can tell the actor playing Cristiano has lived in Ireland for some time.
    I still can't stand yer man, his brother, can't remember his name (I think of him as Pepe). He and Ama make a truly horrible couple.

I'm not even sure why but I call ur man Pepe aswell . He should be bet with his own necktie :D

Jake is his name

or is it.....................................

No it really is.

Dermish gave binjimin a compass for Christmas and said that he had one for Zoie too... There was a number inscribed and when Binjimin asked what it was Dermish said he would tell him another day

Ah I must have glossed over that, very clever writing what a shock! I knew Dermot wouldn't be as committed to The Plan as Niamh is, that was dodgy from the start, they aren't even friends. Dermot was obviously planning to store away money for the kids all along and hence why he was so insistent on them waiting for "the right time", the question is how will he get away with this when Paul finds out?
    Not to mention the sticky issue of Jane and Hughie wanting a cut, although after tonight Hughie doesn't care anymore and Jane will prob get a cut from Dermot. I'm the first to slag FC off for their scriptwriting but I will say this time its very interesting and well balanced. :D

Ah I must have glossed over that, very clever writing what a shock! I knew Dermot wouldn't be as committed to The Plan as Niamh is, that was dodgy from the start, they aren't even friends. Dermot was obviously planning to store away money for the kids all along and hence why he was so insistent on them waiting for "the right time", the question is how will he get away with this when Paul finds out?
    Not to mention the sticky issue of Jane and Hughie wanting a cut, although after tonight Hughie doesn't care anymore and Jane will prob get a cut from Dermot. I'm the first to slag FC off for their scriptwriting but I will say this time its very interesting and well balanced. :D

just stolen off Walter White's lotto ticket idea to be fair!
    Just like the whole of this "Good honest run of the mill guy dying from cancer decides to engage in criminal activities to ensure the financial security of his young family but gets greedy" story!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Ha Niamh, ya big dopey laughing hyena :p. Delighted for ya :pac:

And regarding Dermo, I don't care what anyone says, he still don't look like some one at death's door:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I thought it was going to be A Shawshank Redemption thing. The money's buried under a giant Oak Tree in Waterford where himself and Jo did it years ago! Ugh!

just stolen off Walter White's lotto ticket idea to be fair!
    Just like the whole of this "Good honest run of the mill guy dying from cancer decides to engage in criminal activities to ensure the financial security of his young family but gets greedy" story!

Either way, I praise the scriptwriters for that one, in fairness the Plan has been very entertaining from start to finish, filled with one-liners, sly nods to boards.ie (Hughie- sounds like a PLAN") and an interesting twist in the end, plus it was carried out over just the right amount of time, not too short or long.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks. I missed that too

• Registered Users Posts: 86,722 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was it Dermot's own idea to scam Niamh too or Jane's?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was it Dermot's own idea to scam Niamh too or Jane's?

I presume him initially then he had to involve Jane for a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,722 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I presume him initially then he had to involve Jane for a cut.

So there was two plans in play :p

Wasn't the whole idea behind The Plan, for Dermishhhhhh to get some money together to afford health care for Binjimmmin .............. What is he going to say........."Hang in there 6 or 7 years, then if you are still alive follow the compass, find the treasure and head to VHI"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Dermot did what anyone would do at the point you realise the whole town has been promised a cut of your loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I thought he was Irish trying to sound foreign too. He sounds just like Brian Dowling.

Cazale wrote: »

I just love the very last bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I just love the fact that Clar is rarely ever on screen and spits out little words but he is still one of the most distinctive and developed characters in the show!!

Everytime Nicola says his name makes me smile!!! I hope he stays!!!

Clar is easily the best character in the show!

nagdefy wrote: »
    Don't think we were ever told but Paul is meant to be a multi millionaire with just this one bank account.

You think he'd be a bit smarter considering he himself ripped off Wayne and his bank account. Bring back Eddie, at least he made things interesting.

• Advertisement

I used to feel sorry for Niamh but honestly, she has no one to blame but herself in this mess. Gina Cassidy would turn in her grave.

Poor Ruthie. She never stood a chance with those two gob****es for parents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement