Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

monkey9 wrote: »
    The girl who platys Katie is an excellent actress. She hasn't had much to work with the last few months, it's just her in that little area. So she has to show off a load of emotion and can't get away with props or different scenery. It's actually hard to pull off. I think she's been fantastic.

She must be getting bored of it though. She's probably dying to get back onto different parts of the set with different interactions.
    Shes more of a stage actress by trade. I'd say she wishes they'd kill her off and let her get back to proper theatre

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Anyone ever imagine this show as a sit com? cause someone did lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Scram wrote: »

haha brilliant - if only they done the audience doing a cheer like when Fonzi walked on screen from Happy Days , when Paul Brennan walked in to the office it would have been so much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Wayne looked happier with that mad woman from Leitrim. She really exists btw, at least Orla doesn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,890 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

About time! I remember saying a couple of weeks back I was convinced the scriptwriters were playing it for laughs with this insane Plan storyline :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

In that comedy clip it shows Robbie zipping up the bag with the 80 grand in it. But when Wayne said he found the bag in the car Robbie had never seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

That Oisín fella must have very thick eye lashes or else he's wearing eye liner, he's like something out of the rocky horror show.

I'm confused... I thought waitress and Caoimhe weren't working the day after the boozing sesh and that's why they were on the shots. Yet they turn up to work hungover?

It proves how short minded the writers are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

That sitcom version is genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I can't open that link Coolhull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Pals. Remember a few months ago around the double wedding. Every episide would us 2 or 3 obvious bits to take the p!ss out of and have a laugh. Then the more observant among us would spot a few beauties, inconsitencies, mistakes. Now it's not even funny anymore. What's the point on weighing in on anything. It's one big obvious joke. There's no fun in it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

CormDogg now its all about pointing out what they did RIGHT, which isn't much I have to say!

So is Mailbag on Ry D'Arcy an unofficial place to complain about FC quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did the Phelan's ever return roses lunch box?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

happyday wrote: »
    I can't open that link Coolhull.

It was a Facebook thing, happyday so see if it will open on Facebook, or Chrome if you have it. It works for me, and I'm a total computer moron....!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mmmmm a lot of emotion ? I don't think so .

KT simpers and smiles at Ciaran most of the time !! If that was a ploy I'd forgive her .. but it's not !
    Where's the rage, the fight, the madness at the injustice of being locked up in the equivalent of the trailer of an articulated lorry for almost a year ?

NOBODY would still be sane , sitting there asking for shamooo and accepting gifts of sweets from your captor ....accepting the fact he had less time now due to a girlfriend ! How understanding!
    Ahhh FFS jut kick through that cardboard wall KT , scratch his eyes out , kick his balls off , scream your lungs out .
    I don't agree that this role has challenged the actress no matter how good she is .... quite the opposite .......looks bad on her CV :mad:

She can't do anything about the script.

coolhull wrote: »
    It was a Facebook thing, happyday so see if it will open on Facebook, or Chrome if you have it. It works for me, and I'm a total computer moron....!

No luck. Can anyone else open it?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Is this any better ??

https://www.facebook.com/OffalyExcitinNews/videos/1381222378604486/

Not my own work, and I'm neither O. E. N or Con O'Brien mentioned above the video ! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

coolhull, this worked perfectly, I had also tried and failed to open the first link.
    Loved the video, thanks for posting. :)

That works thanks! Niamh's expressions look even more ridiculous. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

CormDogg now its all about pointing out what they did RIGHT, which isn't much I have to say!

So is Mailbag on Ry D'Arcy an unofficial place to complain about FC quality?
    You'll get a stock reply and a Ray DARCY Show mug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

happyday wrote: »
    That works thanks! Niamh's expressions look even more ridiculous. 😂

Are there any more of those?!!

It's better than 'The Plan'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spoiler 26/02/2017
    Ciaran and the Phelans discover Heather has been released from hospital, and Dolores loses patience with Pete. Meanwhile, Debbie realises Rose might disrupt her smooth divorce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I haven't seen anyone here comment on the fact that Amelia used to work across the road as an 'intern' in the Hungry Pig. Did they just find an old story down the back of the couch and re-use it hoping no one would notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

zuutroy wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone here comment on the fact that Amelia used to work across the road as an 'intern' in the Hungry Pig. Did they just find an old story down the back of the couch and re-use it hoping no one would notice?

The "writers" treat their loyal viewers with utter disrespect, they think we have the memory of a goldfish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Im really not going to be surprised if Amelia's 'Daddy' that keeps getting dropped into conversation turns out to be Hughies drunken lager lout friend, who verbally abused Jane, who was then recast as a customer in the pub that Hughie didn't seem familiar with at all, and was also going to buy the Dolphin Pod off Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

They're probably related to the canteen lady in Montrose getting a leg up in the RTE family

vkid wrote: »
    They're probably related to the canteen lady in Montrose getting a leg up in the RTE family

They should have left tubridy sweeping the floors and making coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ellie is the real life niece of Love Hate so it was guaranteed she would be in scenes with him and get a little part in the KT saga, they probably discussed it with the producer over lunch and writer #42 was drafted in to include Ellie in the long-running farce. Its not as if they had a fixed script and plan for the story so anything goes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

maurv1 wrote: »
    Was that airhead with the rich Daddy in it before...working in Bob's burger joint??
    Niall_76 wrote: »
    Yeah

wellll.....dunno about that :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement